test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game Crashes in Fullscreen 4K

supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Graphical and Sound Issues
I just got a new computer and the first thing I noticed whilst fiddling in my settings is that:
A) The UI is extremely tiny
B) If I try to enter Fullscreen (not Windowed Maximised), the game crashes.

My monitor resolution is 3160x2140, NVidia GeForce 870X 2GB GPU, 16 GB Quad-Core Intel i7-4700HQ. I run this game through Steam in a separate partition.
Post edited by supergaminggeek on

Comments

• Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Try lowing the RES/VIS to 1920x1080P with 16X For Texture instead of pushing it at 4K for this game.

Make sure though the Monitor and GPU/Graphic Card both support the RES or VIS = Visual Image Size. Never a good idea to max GPU/Graphic Card unless your system can handle it. The game here I run it at the max well my GPU/Graphic Card is rated at 2560x1600.

See if that solves your issue. How much RAM you have? Are you sharing RAM or using GPU/Graphic Card in one of your MOBO = motherboard slots?

Monitor VIS (visual image size)? 23, 24 or higher?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, i could imagine that this game will have A LOT of problems playing in on a 4k system.

I dont even think your videocard will handle propertly it in full screen, no matter how powerful it is (the game is not really good optimized).

About the tiny fonts, you cant do anything about it. It is one of the cons of playing this game in such big resolutions.

As the mate said, try to change to a standard resolution (1920x1080 is far more than enough) and if the problem still persists, well, maybe is something related to your videocard drivers. One thing, is your videocard present in the list of videocards when you go to the display options?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The video card does show up in the display options.
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So the software sees your GPU/Graphic as you say. You are aware of the issues with 4K on desktops systems.

Refresh rate 60Hz on 1080p but with 4K since it's so demanding on system it can't always do 60Hz and then throttle downs to 30Hz. You'll never see frame rates go above 30 fps.

Windows suffers from scaling issues with pixel density hits 200 pixels. Anything lower than 30-inch 4K Monitor will produce 146 PPI thus using 24-inch same res hits 184 PPI. Thus making icons and web surfing pages look weird.

What size monitor are you using or did you get both 4K PC and 4K UHDTV to use a your computer monitor.

That 4K GPU is it dual core with dual 4GB(8GB) VRAM.

Also have you lowered the RES/VIS to 1920x1080p as I had suggested? What was your final results. I know some people here run this game at 1440p but those systems are mostly homemade type of tech builders. 4K is so new and down the road 8K is only use in commercial sources. Super-UHD.

Anyway if you care to share your setup, which will help those who use 4K desktop shed some light on your issue with the game and your 4K system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    GeForce 870X? Never heard of that card
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • Options
    salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    What you also can do is u use 1080p resolution and force the game textures at 4k UHD with this /command. /renderscale 2
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    Anyway if you care to share your setup, which will help those who use 4K desktop shed some light on your issue with the game and your 4K system.

Intel Core i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.4 GHz, eight cores
    16 GB RAM
    Windows 8.1 64-bit
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB
    And my mistake, I had the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M, 2GB
    17.3 inch monitor, 3840 x 2160 resolution.
  • Options
    andym5andym5 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've a 4k setup here using 2x 8GB R9 290X cards, works without issue. Though I did have to use the UI slider in the options so I could see any UI items, but then some items still don't scale.

The 860M is a mobile GPU, and 2GB of VRAM isn't going to be enough to give you a reliable 4k experience. I'm sure 3GB-4GB VRAM is recommended for 4K gaming.

TBH AMD & nVidia both struggle to push 4K gaming at high settings with a single flagship GPU card. Everything I've read about it advises a Crossfire / SLI setup.