test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Voth Battlezone Help Thread

Comments

• cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Heck. Yes.

Just as I'm dipping my toes in that cursed zone. Many many thanks! :)
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Heck. Yes.

Just as I'm dipping my toes in that cursed zone. Many many thanks! :)

No Problem :D
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Don't forget to add combat pets to your BOF. Romulan Rep Tier one gives you access to Shadow Guard Elite Reman's and Romulan. Got a lot combat pets running around. I was Romulan and KDF at the Ground Battlezone so much combat pets out...Voth didn't see it coming. Lots of the medics you all have mention here those were taken out!

Don't forget to make sure your Active Ground Traits for 5 BOF to perform on the ground for you. I use a Doctor, a few control the ground turrets, drones and extra security can be beam down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I tend to br engheavy for my boffs there, Nelen does well too, as sci as he has shield stripping capability.

My Tac's and Eng's bring down Nelen and an Eng.... my Sci brings down two eng's
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I usually beam down with 2 engineers with Mine 1, Mine 2, Turrent 2 and medic and sheild generator. It is just an awesome feeling to see mecs blow up when they step on mines.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Artillery Points
    I usually activate 2 panels on the first 3 artillery generators I find, then activate all 3, and then complete the final 2. That gives you enough of a head-start, and you avoid that too many Voth respawn in the mean time.

I usually try to solo artillery points, however. But it seems to me with more players, it won't really be harder.

Omega Generators

The generator points I found very hard to solo, to be honest. One thing that seemed to help is not hiding on the side where the interacts happen, but on the other side. You can intercept enemy Voth early and can sometimes avoid getting too many to handle. And you can of course identify the Voth that tries to revert the process.

Still, not a reliable tactic.

Science Kits
    Okay, there will probably be some disagreement on this, since I can't say I am an expert on ground combat. I am, for example, really bad at healing myself.

But I usually use kits that have at least the following
    - Electro-gravitic Field
    - Exothermic Field
    - Nanite Health Monitor
    - Medical Tricorder

I think the first two powers are awesome together. Anesthizine Gas and Tachyon Harmonic also are good options for your offensive side.
    Nanite Health Monitor is great for me because, as mentioned, I am bad at healing myself at least the Nanite Health Monitor will track my health. ;)

So a full kit I might suggest is
    - Electro-gravitic Field
    - Exothermic Field
    - Tachyon Harmonic
    - Nanite Health Monitor
    - Medical Tricorder

I usually use a Science and an Engineering BO. I should probably try some of those engineering spam builds. They look kinda fun. I never use Tactical BOs.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ye, good sci setup on that.... love exothermic especially (also running a purple doff on my sci for boosting exotherm)....

Yes, the generator train is the hardest to solo, but it's uually not an issue for me unless the spot is "tagged" by someone who comes in, kills a couple voth and leaves (causing the voth force spawning to scale up). You typically are best there eng and sci heavy. Plant mortar/mines and turrets prior to spawns, use setup pets before the next spawn wave of voth, if you are a scidrop exotherms on the voth units attempting to use the console to reverse the train, and keep the generator moving (get by the consoles to move it to next level as soon as it stops) It also is helpful in the BZ not to run threat so high that you attract fire..... hit key targets but let your boffs take hits so you can activate the consoles even while voth are there. It also helps to spend much fighting out at perimeter while targeting in, to avoid being flanked.... and to concentrate on spec ops when present (as they do the most damage)
    edited July 2014
    tekehd wrote: »
    Yeah, I tend to br engheavy for my boffs there, Nelen does well too, as sci as he has shield stripping capability.

My Tac's and Eng's bring down Nelen and an Eng.... my Sci brings down two eng's
    Artillery Points
    I usually activate 2 panels on the first 3 artillery generators I find, then activate all 3, and then complete the final 2. That gives you enough of a head-start, and you avoid that too many Voth respawn in the mean time.

I usually try to solo artillery points, however. But it seems to me with more players, it won't really be harder.

Omega Generators

The generator points I found very hard to solo, to be honest. One thing that seemed to help is not hiding on the side where the interacts happen, but on the other side. You can intercept enemy Voth early and can sometimes avoid getting too many to handle. And you can of course identify the Voth that tries to revert the process.

Still, not a reliable tactic.

Science Kits
    Okay, there will probably be some disagreement on this, since I can't say I am an expert on ground combat. I am, for example, really bad at healing myself.

But I usually use kits that have at least the following
    - Electro-gravitic Field
    - Exothermic Field
    - Nanite Health Monitor
    - Medical Tricorder

I think the first two powers are awesome together. Anesthizine Gas and Tachyon Harmonic also are good options for your offensive side.
    Nanite Health Monitor is great for me because, as mentioned, I am bad at healing myself at least the Nanite Health Monitor will track my health. ;)

So a full kit I might suggest is
    - Electro-gravitic Field
    - Exothermic Field
    - Tachyon Harmonic
    - Nanite Health Monitor
    - Medical Tricorder

I usually use a Science and an Engineering BO. I should probably try some of those engineering spam builds. They look kinda fun. I never use Tactical BOs.
    notapwefan wrote: »
    I usually beam down with 2 engineers with Mine 1, Mine 2, Turrent 2 and medic and sheild generator. It is just an awesome feeling to see mecs blow up when they step on mines.

Thanks for the input, added to the guide!!
  • dorenobdorenob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Because I know jarodroto123 in game... I logged in expecting to troll it and nerf the post (i'm good at doing that)...

However, I'm finding this post is like... totally helpful, well written, well thought out... and most importantly, I even learned something from it.

I'll just leave this cute picture of a kitten here for you and go change my underwear...
    edited July 2014
    dorenob wrote: »
    Because I know jarodroto123 in game... I logged in expecting to troll it and nerf the post (i'm good at doing that)...

However, I'm finding this post is like... totally helpful, well written, well thought out... and most importantly, I even learned something from it.

I'll just leave this cute picture of a kitten here for you and go change my underwear...

Thanks ^.^
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    A couple of things I've noticed ...

All points can be solo'd! The game will automatically adjust the level/amount/rate of enemy spawns, depending on the number of players present.

Exosuits - These can be destroyed effectively with the aid of an Electro-Gravatic Field + Exothermic Induction Field.

Generally on the "Capture the Point" area's the second Exosuit to drop, will normally have 1 or 2 "Heal" Drones that should be taken out first if possible.

Just outside of, or near, most (all?) points will be an Elite NPC Commander from one of the factions, guarded by two "Medics".

By killing the two enemies, and releasing this commander, they will join you in the defense pf the point, but they do not count as an extra player for spawn calculations. Releasing them before beginning will essentially give you an extra BoFF.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just read this guide now, excellent "idiot proof" description.
    To save me a whole bunch of typing in fleet chat I am going to reference this by link in a fleet mail for new players and if you wouldn't mind (with credit given to you of course) put this up on our fleets website as frankly I couldn't have done a better job myself :)
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
    edited July 2014
    Just read this guide now, excellent "idiot proof" description.
    To save me a whole bunch of typing in fleet chat I am going to reference this by link in a fleet mail for new players and if you wouldn't mind (with credit given to you of course) put this up on our fleets website as frankly I couldn't have done a better job myself :)

Wow..thanks. Feel free to post it with credit.
    edited July 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    A couple of things I've noticed ...

All points can be solo'd! The game will automatically adjust the level/amount/rate of enemy spawns, depending on the number of players present.

Exosuits - These can be destroyed effectively with the aid of an Electro-Gravatic Field + Exothermic Induction Field.

Generally on the "Capture the Point" area's the second Exosuit to drop, will normally have 1 or 2 "Heal" Drones that should be taken out first if possible.

Just outside of, or near, most (all?) points will be an Elite NPC Commander from one of the factions, guarded by two "Medics".

By killing the two enemies, and releasing this commander, they will join you in the defense pf the point, but they do not count as an extra player for spawn calculations. Releasing them before beginning will essentially give you an extra BoFF.

Ill add these once my internet stops lagging
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ill add these once my internet stops lagging

No problem .. .Greta guide BTW ... Thanks ...

Few more things you may want to add ...

In this BZ, more than any, I think Engineers and most especially Scientists have an advantage, although, Tactical captains always have the "damage dealing" skills, Engi's and Sci's can be hugely more effective in Crowd Control and Debuff roles.

For a Science Captain, I usually bring 1 x Engi BoFF with Shield Heal, Mines and Mortars, and one Sci Boff as a Medic. This combination will pretty much work for any class of captain though.

In the 'Capture the Point" areas, you MUST remember to stay mobile! Engineering "fortresses" aren't as effective here, because of the frequent 'Orbital Strikes" that purposely target the player. Always be on the lookout for the "target circle" on the ground, and make sure to move, as soon as you see it. For this reason, engineering constructs aren't as effective, as they usually get destroyed fairly quickly. Here a combination of Debuff's and AoE attacks is more effective.

For the daily "Command Credit" quest, Capturing Transporters are usually the best source, although you'll end up with many CC's normally, capturing a transporter will spawn dozens of CC's, but in a much smaller area, and without the need to wait for timers and countdowns.

The "Velociraptors" (not sure what their actual name is?) that frequently run through the middle of zones, without attacking (like they have somewhere to be in a hurry) will sprout 'Boosts" when you shoot them and/or die. These Boosts" are a good source of HP/Shield healing and also the "speed" boost is handy for getting to more than one V-Rex at the end.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What I also want to recommend:
    Tagging the V-Rexes is common, and considering that you miss out on precious Dilithium if you do not fight all 3 V-Rexes, it is somewhat understandeable that you do it: but if you really must do it - please try to help with some of the Voth Scientist (that are always mislabeled by the mission giver as Voth Engineer). Losing out on one of the final locations because people didn't bother dealing with the Scientists stealing the Omega particles is completely needless and frustrating for everyone.

(And remember - the Voth Cybernetic Implants you get as reward for the final phase can also be turned into Dilithium - 3 are worth 1,000 Dil. And since you can keep them in your inventory practically forever, even 1,500 Dilithium if you wait for a Dilithium weekend to turn them into Dil. If 2 silos get captured instead of 3, that means 2 Voth implants lost for, which is practically 1,000 Dil lost for everyone in the zone. That could easily mean 20,000 Dil wasted in your instance! Just because someone thought he'd better rush off then help!)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited July 2014
    What I also want to recommend:
    Tagging the V-Rexes is common, and considering that you miss out on precious Dilithium if you do not fight all 3 V-Rexes, it is somewhat understandeable that you do it: but if you really must do it - please try to help with some of the Voth Scientist (that are always mislabeled by the mission giver as Voth Engineer). Losing out on one of the final locations because people didn't bother dealing with the Scientists stealing the Omega particles is completely needless and frustrating for everyone.

(And remember - the Voth Cybernetic Implants you get as reward for the final phase can also be turned into Dilithium - 3 are worth 1,000 Dil. And since you can keep them in your inventory practically forever, even 1,500 Dilithium if you wait for a Dilithium weekend to turn them into Dil. If 2 silos get captured instead of 3, that means 2 Voth implants lost for, which is practically 1,000 Dil lost for everyone in the zone. That could easily mean 20,000 Dil wasted in your instance! Just because someone thought he'd better rush off then help!)

Both of these are mentioned. but the reminder is good. Tag all 3=full daily dil in one round.
    edited July 2014
    Also a fair warning, if i see someone in the zone, tagging and not killing medics. THE SECOND, the instance ends i will take you to task on it. I'm not going to be accusatory, but you will be notified that i consider that unacceptable tactics.
    edited July 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    No problem .. .Greta guide BTW ... Thanks ...

Few more things you may want to add ...

In this BZ, more than any, I think Engineers and most especially Scientists have an advantage, although, Tactical captains always have the "damage dealing" skills, Engi's and Sci's can be hugely more effective in Crowd Control and Debuff roles.

Definitely, thats one of the things i love about the zone

For a Science Captain, I usually bring 1 x Engi BoFF with Shield Heal, Mines and Mortars, and one Sci Boff as a Medic. This combination will pretty much work for any class of captain though.

In the 'Capture the Point" areas, you MUST remember to stay mobile! Engineering "fortresses" aren't as effective here, because of the frequent 'Orbital Strikes" that purposely target the player. Always be on the lookout for the "target circle" on the ground, and make sure to move, as soon as you see it. For this reason, engineering constructs aren't as effective, as they usually get destroyed fairly quickly. Here a combination of Debuff's and AoE attacks is more effective.

I need to remember the name of this trait.....there is a trait, that neutralizes ALL knockback..combine that with the medical generator and you can actually have an effective fortress. But without the trait, yes

For the daily "Command Credit" quest, Capturing Transporters are usually the best source, although you'll end up with many CC's normally, capturing a transporter will spawn dozens of CC's, but in a much smaller area, and without the need to wait for timers and countdowns.

The "Velociraptors" (not sure what their actual name is?) that frequently run through the middle of zones, without attacking (like they have somewhere to be in a hurry) will sprout 'Boosts" when you shoot them and/or die. These Boosts" are a good source of HP/Shield healing and also the "speed" boost is handy for getting to more than one V-Rex at the end.

Voth Supply Runners....On it

replies in bold
    edited July 2014
    not sure what happened here....move along
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hunker Down (voth armor 3 piece set ability) makes you almost immobile. I've used it to sit in one place while a V-Rex was pounding on me.
    edited July 2014
    swamarian wrote: »
    Hunker Down (voth armor 3 piece set ability) makes you almost immobile. I've used it to sit in one place while a V-Rex was pounding on me.

Indeed it does
    edited July 2014
    Heres a question: Would anyone like me to make this kind of guide for any other area of STO?
  • memworldmemworld Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Honestly, I would like to see updated guides for any of the group pve content, whether it's an STF or battlefield. Being back from a long period, these updated guides help a bunch.

As a side note, the use of strategies and gear/boff/doff suggestions has made a notable difference in my ground game.

Thanks again for your hard work and everyone who contributed to this post.
    edited July 2014
    memworld wrote: »
    Honestly, I would like to see updated guides for any of the group pve content, whether it's an STF or battlefield. Being back from a long period, these updated guides help a bunch.

As a side note, the use of strategies and gear/boff/doff suggestions has made a notable difference in my ground game.

Thanks again for your hard work and everyone who contributed to this post.

Thank you for the compliment and suggestions, and im glad that this has helped, i have a WIP thread on the Ground Warzones that i will link once it is complete.

After that....ill see what i can do about Undine Space BZ.

Some strat guides on the romulan and elachi PvE seem to be absent, so ill get on those as well once the others are done
    edited July 2014
    Could a mod rename this thread Voth Ground Battlezone Guide/Help Thread please?
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Excellent guide.

Don't know if you've included this or not but in the final silo phase the V-rex guarding a silo won't attack unless it gets shot at by a player.
    Therefore it is very easy to solo kill all the voth medics that beam in and the v-rex will just stand an do nothing. Then you can wait for backup to take on the v-rex.
    This means you don't need to worry about killing the medics whilst getting shot at or dodging mortar shells from the v-rex in the main fight.
    SulMatuul.png
    edited July 2014
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Excellent guide.

Don't know if you've included this or not but in the final silo phase the V-rex guarding a silo won't attack unless it gets shot at by a player.
    Therefore it is very easy to solo kill all the voth medics that beam in and the v-rex will just stand an do nothing. Then you can wait for backup to take on the v-rex.
    This means you don't need to worry about killing the medics whilst getting shot at or dodging mortar shells from the v-rex in the main fight.

In my experience this isnt true, ive been attacked plenty of times without shooting it, but ill look again
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is a dangerous zone to play in, therefore some equipment (non-rep and rep) is good to have when fighting in this zone

These recommendations are preceding the Dyson Reputation, once you have that unlocked, i recommend using the Ground Set that comes with it, and using this gear on your 2 bridge officer instead.

The KHG rep sets work just fine on my KDF main's BOffs.
    I use the Dyson set but find the gun lacking in punch so I use a Pulsewave backup with a KB3 mod.
    For some odd reason, I believe the energy type doesn't matter.
    I have a Polaron-Protonic from the rep but I think Plasma is slightly better.
    The new Xindi flavored weapon with the explosive secondary on a BOff seems to work pretty well, too.

As a Tac, Sci or Eng the Pulsewave's secondary blast is very useful.
    Whether I'm swarmed or as an alpha to clear an arty generator, the secondary shines.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
    edited July 2014
    rezking wrote: »
    The KHG rep sets work just fine on my KDF main's BOffs.
    I use the Dyson set but find the gun lacking in punch so I use a Pulsewave backup with a KB3 mod.
    For some odd reason, I believe the energy type doesn't matter.
    I have a Polaron-Protonic from the rep but I think Plasma is slightly better.
    The new Xindi flavored weapon with the explosive secondary on a BOff seems to work pretty well, too.

As a Tac, Sci or Eng the Pulsewave's secondary blast is very useful.
    Whether I'm swarmed or as an alpha to clear an arty generator, the secondary shines.

Some good points, although i would argue that you+both BOFFs all with the Experimental Proton Rifle is incredibly deadly, at least giving one to each of your BOFFs, as its the only way for you BOFFs to explot/expose with the same gun