test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character select uniforms

neversetdrumneversetdrum Member Posts: 41 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
If there's a fix for this, I figured one of you guys might know. On new characters, when I initially set up my uniforms and save them, they show on my characters select screen. However, if I change the uniforms, and then save them, they do not change on my character select screen. It displays the uniform I previously had on. Anyone else have this issue? Not a huge deal, but slightly offputting.
Post edited by neversetdrum on

Comments

• hip63hip63 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • neversetdrumneversetdrum Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm not exactly sure. I haven't done any changes to BOFFs. On toons, I use a uniform progression that reflects changes to the uniforms as they pick up more rank. On my klingon, I reached the rank where I can start using baldrics. I originally had just the klingon scarlet costume with very simple aesthetics. On the character select screen it displayed her first uniform that I set up for her. Now, I just recently added the baldric to her uniform. She shows it in game when I'm playing her character, but when she shows on the character select screen, she only displays the very first costume I set up for her and not the updates. I'm not sure if that's the same problem as listed in the thread.
  • derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    this may sound strange but what i found to help this was what ever your very first costume is is what shows up in the log in screen so. so if you want youry oddy uniform to show up on the loadding screen then switch that uniform with what ever uniform you have as the first in line....
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    derrico1 wrote: »
    this may sound strange but what i found to help this was what ever your very first costume is is what shows up in the log in screen so. so if you want youry oddy uniform to show up on the loadding screen then switch that uniform with what ever uniform you have as the first in line....

It's been my experience that if you log out of the game on a ground map, the character select screen will show your captain wearing whatever outfit they were wearing at that time.

If you log out on a space map, the character select screen shows your captain wearing outfit #1. The last outfit you "wore" was the ship costume, so it defaults to the first captain costume.
    edited July 2014
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    It's been my experience that if you log out of the game on a ground map, the character select screen will show your captain wearing whatever outfit they were wearing at that time.

If you log out on a space map, the character select screen shows your captain wearing outfit #1. The last outfit you "wore" was the ship costume, so it defaults to the first captain costume.

I did confirm this is what's happening, but it only happens on my new characters, not on either of my Max toons. Is there a fix or workaround?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That has always been the case from my experience. If you log out on the the ground the login screen will show whatever you have on. If in space, it always shows your uniform - whatever is in Slot 1.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited July 2014
    ltminns wrote: »
    That has always been the case from my experience. If you log out on the the ground the login screen will show whatever you have on. If in space, it always shows your uniform - whatever is in Slot 1.

Yeah I get that, but what my question is, is I've updated Slot 1 to be exactly what I have on at the time. But it always defaults to the outfit I very first created. However on my main first toon, she's currently showing the tal shair outfit whether I log on ground or in space, and that's definitely not the very first outfit I've put on her, nor was it the last. I don't have this problem on any other toon except for the ones created after 9.5, which is why I thought this might be a bug