test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Did anyone else lose inventory slots?

realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
I've already submitted a ticket but I'm looking for some advice on how I can submit another, more specific ticket, as I'm not confident they'll understand the first one.

I logged into an alt right after the patch. First thing i did was doubleclick on a particle to start converting them, but when I selected one of the slots (Random) I got the message my inventoru was full. So I checked, and I had 4 items in an overflow bag and the last row of my inventory seemed to only have 4 of the expected 8 slots, with the remainder of that row just black/blank.

I have not changed the size of the inventory. I counted, and there are 84 slots (12 rows of 8 and one row of 4). I was gold for one month then reverted, and my main has 12 rows of 8 slots.

So my guess is that this alt is missing one row of 8 and four additional or a total of 12 inventory slots - does that make sense?
Post edited by realisticalty on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    They did shift things around when they added the new R&D Tab, widening the inventory window. It might just look smaller because its actually wider.

Just a thought. But if you actually did lose space... then that would be a problem.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    They did shift things around when they added the new R&D Tab, widening the inventory window. It might just look smaller because its actually wider.

Just a thought. But if you actually did lose space... then that would be a problem.

Possibly, but why would I have things in my "overflow bag" - could that have come from a session of completing assignments? I assumed, maybe incorrectly, that inventory rewards wouldn't be collected if there was no room in the inventory, just like you can't collect colonists if you already have 20 passengers - but that assumption may be wrong, will have to check that next time my inventory is full.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The window grew wider instead of being narrow. So this does help as you don't have to scroll so much to get to the bottom. To me this helped me out.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Possibly, but why would I have things in my "overflow bag" - could that have come from a session of completing assignments? I assumed, maybe incorrectly, that inventory rewards wouldn't be collected if there was no room in the inventory, just like you can't collect colonists if you already have 20 passengers - but that assumption may be wrong, will have to check that next time my inventory is full.

The missions that auto resolve (you do not have to talk to a contact to "turn in" the mission) will put items into the overflow bag if your inventory is full. If you have to turn in the mission to a contact, it will not allow you to do so til you make room.