test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SB5 upgrade bug

xsoniqxsoniq Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Our KDF fleet had Starbase V on timer before the patch. Now that the data samples requirement has become raw materials, the project opened up again for Basic Raw Materials with the timer still counting down.

What we want to know is:
1. Will we need to fill up the raw materials in order for the upgrade to complete?
2. If we fill up the raw materials, will it reset the timer?
3. What is the correct course of action in this situation (or just sit and wait)?

21117pe.jpg
http://oi59.tinypic.com/2wq4976.jpg
Post edited by xsoniq on

Comments

• Options
    archershranarchershran Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I also would like to have these questions answered. I'm just not as nice and eloquent as my friend, Mr.Sneezle here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    baseballdad1127baseballdad1127 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yes thats a lot of Dil involved here and we would not like to see this thing resent to zero and have to do the upgrade again.
    Projects were mentioned in the patch note but nothing in there said anything about things on timer particularly upgrades

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2wq4976.jpg
  • Options
    genrldestructiongenrldestruction Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If it's already on the timer, I'd say wait it out. If it doesn't complete properly then I'd open a ticket.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Cryptic QA strikes again. (Great testing procedures, eh?)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If it's already on the timer, I'd say wait it out. If it doesn't complete properly then I'd open a ticket.

i would definitely not wait it out.
    having the project both open and in cd is about the only evidence youre ever going to have.

nice to see another t5 kdf fleet, too. i hope you come join us in NoP PS :)
  • Options
    nonamei1978nonamei1978 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Did anyone respond ya or nay to this? It's kinda important, and it's a lotta effort and work for almost 200 members. I'd hate to see something like this ignored, cause it might be YOUR starbase that breaks on the next patch...and the screaming would start again...
  • Options
    point70point70 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    To dill or not to dill - 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
    The Slings and Arrows of outrageous [cryptic] Fortune,
    Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,
  • Options
    ha4567ha4567 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Our Klingon star base is on timer for tier 5, when the crafting system came online it changed a particle trace to a new crafting item. we did not have because it did not exist at that time. when it clicks over we are worried that we will need to pour another 3 million dill into it again we did it already this upgrade was 16 days long we had it ON timer with 4 days left when the change messed the upgrade up and if it finishes we are concerned that we/tfd will lose all the items fed to the project. including 3 MILLION DITHIUM will we lose our money and time, invested into his game and your product? please help us out only you can fix it

thank you jessica collins@ha4567
    sekah@ha4567

Tactical Operations Fleet Delta

sekah@ha4567(Community Leader)
    :confused:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yeah this is like a major concern
  • Options
    locutusnrglocutusnrg Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    BAsed on what ive read u can still use the raw material before the conversion and will need to apply the new raw crafting materials as well but if it is qued up to clear it you must complete it. Or u cancel it and refresh it and start anew. This seems to be an issue with reputation system as well.
    LOQTUS2 of UNIMATRIX-001
    HIVEMIND
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    locutusnrg wrote: »
    BAsed on what ive read u can still use the raw material before the conversion and will need to apply the new raw crafting materials as well but if it is qued up to clear it you must complete it. Or u cancel it and refresh it and start anew. This seems to be an issue with reputation system as well.

Im not sure you understood...it has been on timer for more than 10 days. It was complete before this patch. Weve posted sevral images in this thread
  • Options
    xsoniqxsoniq Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    apparently there was nothing to worry about. the upgrade went through without a hitch. guess it was just a glitch in displaying the conversion. :):):):)
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    xsoniq wrote: »
    apparently there was nothing to worry about. the upgrade went through without a hitch. guess it was just a glitch in displaying the conversion. :):):):)

That's good to hear.

If anyone has an in transition upgrade fail, please sound off.
    STO QA Team