test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New oddy uniform color layouts

askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
edited September 2014 in The Art of Star Trek Online
Please note - Thomas has made a PDF file that has ALL the uniforms in all their glory! Grab it here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ji0l9nt7q43r2bx/Starfleet_Uniform_Code_2410_web.pdf

As requested, here is the images of the new color layouts for the Oddy uniform -

Bsrsbf3CIAAPlmb.jpg:large
BsrsWEACYAAL4cF.jpg:large
BsrsPHpCIAEih_c.jpg:large
BsrsKGNCcAA1znv.jpg:large
Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2014
    BsnOVK_CIAEnMWK.jpg:large
    BsTm__sCQAA07Jm.jpg:large
    BsTm49wCYAABePd.jpg:large
    3TlFWup.png
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    And i did forget things >.> -

UQdiVYZ.png

• Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Askray, thanks for assembling these into one place.

I love the Odyssey Uniforms.

Thanks also to Thomas the Cryptic Cat for building the guides (at least, I know he made most of these, are they all originally from his Twitter?).

/Vote +1 for Sticky. :)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Askray, thanks for assembling these into one place.

I love the Odyssey Uniforms.

Thanks also to Thomas the Cryptic Cat for building the guides (at least, I know he made most of these, are they all originally from his Twitter?).

/Vote +1 for Sticky. :)

This is all TtCC. People just requested it be linked here so I plopped it together some are from his twitter, two (should be pretty obvious which ones lol) were from the dev blog.

• Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thanks askray, I love these uniforms so much an this guide is awesome thank you crypticCat :)
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for assembling the post, +1 for sticky as well, or, alternatively, if someone wants to immortalize it on the wiki somewhere, that'd be just as well.

So is the tactical/duty uniform distinction like on-ship vs away team?
  • Options
    takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nice. :D

/subscribe
    76561198160276582.png
  • Options
    alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This thread is a brilliant idea! As a lover of the Odyssey uniforms, I most definitely approve! Great job! :D
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    WOW thats awesome.
    Many thanks, it's very appreciated!

I have got a question, though.
    I tried to re create the Flag officer variant color code.
    But when looking at it the upper (shoulder) part looks rather grey instead of real black, although i have colored it exactly as supposed. It looks more like a normal officer duty uniform IMO.
    Is there anything we can do about it?

Here's a picture to show what i mean.

screenshot_2014-07-17-14-26-13_zps4c8b73fd.jpg
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Are the Wrath of Khan pants freely available to players these days? I seem to remember it as a special unlock, so its use for the Enlisted Duty Officer surprised me. But the Academy stuff was alo a C-Store unlock, and it's also used.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Both the Academy and TWoK uniforms are from the C-Store, I think Thomas just used bit that looked cool.

The Flag officer parts, Jacket and Belt are both Veteran rewards.

The Combat and Dress are from the Fleet Tailor.

Not all the stuff is free, just the core stuff for our Captains and BOFFs.
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Also the Starfleet Academy skirt is a good match for female characters.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,828 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm curious about the Dress uniform, they have the older the right shoulder snap like the TMP uniforms, they appear to be different, least between the captain and the other two...what I'm wondering is are they changeable or are they more just to signify branch?
  • Options
    admiralah1admiralah1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Great guide!

I'm hoping for a flag officer and captain specific variation of the dress uniforms. Perhaps making the shoulders black for admirals?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    admiralah1 wrote: »
    ...I'm hoping for a flag officer and captain specific variation of the dress uniforms. Perhaps making the shoulders black for admirals?
    These are the official variants used by the Devs for the NPCs in the game, and I'm pretty sure Thomas has created them during his spare time. Sorry to dash your hopes, but I should not expect any made-up variants (he has kindly said as much in his Tweets).

Of course, you're always welcome to roll whatever colors suit your fancy.

:)

Honestly, I think seeing (so) many variants of the Oddy put out there will be fantastic! Especially once people add their own personal touches (but still share the same theme).

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    torontonensistorontonensis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My crew looking stylish in their new uniforms.

k3xggj.jpg
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,365 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Thomas has come up with 3 more official uniforms that need to be added:

http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/2aytta/my_favorite_cat_and_cryptic_employee_strike_again/
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thomas has come up with 3 more official uniforms that need to be added:

http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/2aytta/my_favorite_cat_and_cryptic_employee_strike_again/

Awesome!

I really can't express how much my OCD loves these guides. :D

Thanks TtCC!

And may I say, I'm diggin' on the Cadet Tactical Uniform.

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    admiralah1 wrote: »
    Great guide!

I'm hoping for a flag officer and captain specific variation of the dress uniforms. Perhaps making the shoulders black for admirals?

I actually tend to make them white. Flag Officers like these are not in the field, so they can afford to have something very visible identifying them as "special". And I like the contrast.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Awesome!

I really can't express how much my OCD loves these guides. :D

Thanks TtCC!

And may I say, I'm diggin' on the Cadet Tactical Uniform.

Agreed, Havelock. The Cadet Tactical Uniform even has an ENT throwback kind of feel to it.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Is it just me or are these "official" guides are just fun.
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited July 2014
    I've been updating my Foundry missions using these guides. A bit tedious, but I love having my missions fit into the overall game universe. For one mission I needed a uniform for starship design technicians at Utopia Planitia, so last night I made this: https://twitter.com/Drogyn1701/status/489947696455626753

(Yes he's a Cardassian, it's ok, it's part of the story)

Basically I took Thomas' medical duty uniform, made the blue-green parts gold, and put wrath of khan pants with it, plus the pockets from the tactical uniform, cause I figure they'd need lots of places to put PADDs, styluses, and whatnot while they're working.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Is it just me or are these "official" guides are just fun.

Not sure what you're saying here. Are you asking if they are official guides? If so, then yes, they are and are being designed by Thomas the Cryptic Cat, the man responsible for codifying the Starfleet Uniform across STO.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    torontonensistorontonensis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    I've been updating my Foundry missions using these guides. A bit tedious, but I love having my missions fit into the overall game universe.

This is exactly what I was doing all yesterday evening as well.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Sorry for my bad grammar there @badmoonrizin. I was just adding to the thread to say that these are fun.
  • Options
    alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    I've been updating my Foundry missions using these guides. A bit tedious, but I love having my missions fit into the overall game universe. For one mission I needed a uniform for starship design technicians at Utopia Planitia, so last night I made this: https://twitter.com/Drogyn1701/status/489947696455626753

(Yes he's a Cardassian, it's ok, it's part of the story)

Basically I took Thomas' medical duty uniform, made the blue-green parts gold, and put wrath of khan pants with it, plus the pockets from the tactical uniform, cause I figure they'd need lots of places to put PADDs, styluses, and whatnot while they're working.

As a fellow stickler for wanting everything to look part of the entire game universe and completely canonical to STO, your mission sounds like one I'd very much like to take part in. Can you tell me what is your mission name is please? Cheers.

Btw...great job with that starship design technician uniform!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thomas has done it again! :D

Expeditionary Uniforms:

4ieRQv4.jpg

IE7EsKQ.jpg

niqqm1Z.jpg
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited July 2014
    alan1701h wrote: »
    As a fellow stickler for wanting everything to look part of the entire game universe and completely canonical to STO, your mission sounds like one I'd very much like to take part in. Can you tell me what is your mission name is please? Cheers.

Btw...great job with that starship design technician uniform!

Thanks, the one with technicians won't be updated just yet as I have been working on a new set for it, and it's not quite done.

However, I also updated a couple other missions while I was at it. Feel free to give my missions "Over There" "Cold Winds" and "Land of Hope and Glory" a try. (All Fed missions).

I have a feeling that a lot of us will be making interesting variants for in-game and Foundry missions. Rather than clutter up this thread, I plan to make an "unofficial variant thread" where we can all show ours off as soon as I get off work and can add the specs to that technician uniform pic.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I hope we get guides to Mirror Universe Odyssey uniforms as well.