test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bortasqu' canon colors

vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I don't know where this would belong. Would anyone happen to know what colors are canon for the Bortasqu' uniforms? I know the Odyssey one is in the dev blog but as far as I know, we don't have one for the KDF uniform.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mosquito214mosquito214 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Unlike Starfleet, the Klingon Defense Force seems to just let everyone, or every captain at least, pick their own favorite armor design for their crew, so there doesn't seem to be any official colors or outfits for anyone.

That's why, for instance, unlike Starfleet races, Nausicaans, Orions, and Gorn all have their own special costume bits.

If I had to guess, I'd say go with a grey color. That's what they usually wear on the shows.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,086 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Yea... KDF doesn't technically have an established uniform. Its more along the lines of appropriate battle attire.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,377 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    The Klingons would appear to emulate a feudal system, what with the Great Houses. Each House basically has its own warriors and fleets, which they pledge to use in defense of the Empire. So, I like to think that each House would probably have its own uniform.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Klingon Empire's military attire does have established norms and styles throughout the shows and movies.

Even STO's KDF NPCs have a certain style if you go by colors. Shades of brown, tan, yellow/gold are the colors you'll see.

The Klingons in Undiscovered Country had these fabulous red uniforms.

TNG/DS9/Dominion War era colors were black, grey, and certain ones having brown and khaki.

So, OP, what I'm saying is... just go whatever the hell you want.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    The KDF has always had standardised uniforms since TOS (obviously excluding ENT)
    TOS / TAS: Gold or purple tunics across the board.
    TMP: Introduction of the standard grey leathers.
    AGT: New brown furs - Korath, and Worf.

Some individual Klingons had slightly different uniforms (such as Klaa and Vixis, or these two). But over all Klingons have never looked as ridiculously rag-tag as the bunch from STO.

I think it was silly of Cryptic not to have standardised the KDF into Bortasq uniforms with 9.5.

The Klingons in Undiscovered Country had these fabulous red uniforms.

Chang and Gorkon did, the others had black or grey.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I don't know where this would belong. Would anyone happen to know what colors are canon for the Bortasqu' uniforms? I know the Odyssey one is in the dev blog but as far as I know, we don't have one for the KDF uniform.

does it matter? your choices are still dark red, dark blue, bronze and grey
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]