test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Calendar shows Risa Summer event ends today...where is the ornithologist?

gill102gill102 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
The calendar shows the event ends today so I assumed, as a reasonable person, that the turn-in NPCs would still be there. I didn't see any announcement about them leaving a day early. The Devs can't be THAT stupid, can they?
Post edited by gill102 on

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Calendar shows the time today that it ended. It was specific. That time has passed...
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If you click on the event, it will show you it's ended and even the exact time it ended. Afaik it was during maintenance or right about the time maintenance was ending.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • gill102gill102 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Why would I click on a day in the calendar? Its a calendar. Unless I want to add information to a specific day so it is displayed ON THAT DAY in the MONTH VIEW, there is no reason to click on a day. Do you all seriously click every single day in the calendar to find out all the hidden information for it?

No information pops up during a mouseover either that would have been a sign that one SHOULD click on the day. Anyway, I think I'm done. Between the Comcast-level of terrible customer service to the gameplay decisions that serve to TRIBBLE off their playerbase, I really can't believe I let my friends talk me into playing this game again.

I hope you all enjoy keeping your heads in the sand and like being treated so badly by a team that so obviously does not care about their playerbase.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    gill102 wrote: »
    Do you all seriously click every single day in the calendar to find out all the hidden information for it?

Look, people are trying to be kind to you here...but it's getting harder.

Places where it stated the time it ended on the 17th...

If you clicked the banner on the left side while looking at the Hail window, a window popped up with the time it ended.
    It was listed in the window at the bottom of the Hail window in the event area.
    If you click any event on the Calendar, it shows you the end time.

The blog and the blog post stated when it was ending. There have been other posts about when it ends.

No, Cryptic is not likely to hire somebody to stand next to you and tell you everything that is both readily and easily available to you.

Cryptic has all sorts of "cryptic" communication issues...but dude, seriously...this is squarely on you.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Attention to detail is sooooooooooooooooooooooo overrated these days, I guess.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i dislike how events start at like 10 am and end at 10am... they should just patch and turn it on at 12am at one time zone and turn off at 12am, have all the npcs just go poof.

Pick a time zone and stick to it as the starting and ending point.

not sure if the messages change based on location but it seems to be us west coast time.

but yeah event did end today on the 17th, but at like 10am or so.... ie during patch.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »
    i dislike how events start at like 10 am and end at 10am... they should just patch and turn it on at 12am at one time zone and turn off at 12am, have all the npcs just go poof.

...it does that.

That time is 10am PST/Server time. Or 1pm EST. Or whatever time zone inbetween.

This is when pretty much every single event starts and ends (or else it ends with a patch earlier that day).
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rynohawkrynohawk Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Why would I click on a day in the calendar? Its a calendar. Unless I want to add information to a specific day so it is displayed ON THAT DAY in the MONTH VIEW, there is no reason to click on a day. Do you all seriously click every single day in the calendar to find out all the hidden information for it?

No information pops up during a mouseover either that would have been a sign that one SHOULD click on the day. Anyway, I think I'm done. Between the Comcast-level of terrible customer service to the gameplay decisions that serve to TRIBBLE off their playerbase, I really can't believe I let my friends talk me into playing this game again.

I hope you all enjoy keeping your heads in the sand and like being treated so badly by a team that so obviously does not care about their playerbase.

Having our heads in the sand implies that we don't know what's going on, like not knowing when things end. ;)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,761 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014

Well... bye.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • fyrebyrd39fyrebyrd39 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    At least your computer didn't die days before the event ended while holding 956 pearls :(
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited July 2014

The event has a start and end time, the calendar shows days an event is active..... events start and end on days in said calendar. The event ended on the last day as displayed in the calendar. Additionally this start time/date and end time/date have been displayed for over a month. How you do not know when it ended can only summed up in the fact that you don't pay attention and you don't read. As I don't like people who don't pay attention or read... I consider your threat of depature a good thing.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rynohawk wrote: »
    [/COLOR][/B]

Having our heads in the sand implies that we don't know what's going on, like not knowing when things end. ;)

It's telling when the ones who are keeping up with the podcasts, dev blog, patch update schedule, calendar and upcomming content are the ones they classify as having their "head in the sand" while apparenrlt this person who did not know the end time of an event which has been on public display in multiple locations for over 40 days is apparently the one with clarity of vision.
  • admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited July 2014

This is an amazing thing to rage quit over.

You understand that the world is round, right? Different places have different time zones. How would you propose they finish the event at the end of a particular day for everyone?
  • alextigermittensalextigermittens Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm just wondering if I should hang on to the pearls and favors or discard them? Will they be used in future events or was this just a one time time use for them? I can't find anywhere in the game where I can trade them in so I am assuming the game wants me to hang on to them. What say the veterans? THANK YOU
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm just wondering if I should hang on to the pearls and favors or discard them? Will they be used in future events or was this just a one time time use for them? I can't find anywhere in the game where I can trade them in so I am assuming the game wants me to hang on to them. What say the veterans? THANK YOU

Yes, save them. They will be used again.
  • fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This was the 2nd year the pearls were used, and yes I used some I had left over from last year. So yes, absolutely save them. Also good news, when you use them on the one character for whichever ship you fancy when the time comes, your other characters will only need a tiny number of pearls to get the same ship.

Beats the heck out of last year, and the winter event, where you had to grind the same amount on every character you wanted the ship on. ;)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,496 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    They still removed the Bird Lady for another year, which means people with lots of birds are stuck til next year.

Why can we still trade in Winter Epohhs and not Summer Birds?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    They still removed the Bird Lady for another year, which means people with lots of birds are stuck til next year.

Why can we still trade in Winter Epohhs and not Summer Birds?

Agreed. Bring back the bird lady so people can get rid of leftover birds.