test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No very rare/ultra rare Xindi frigates? WTF?

caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
Seriously Cryptic, i don't complain that much anymore, i just take the game as it comes.

However.

Seriously now, you release a carrier, with exclusive pets, and don't bother making any versions of the pet worth having?

It just smacks to me of half arsed work, i mean how hard is it, to make 2 different versions of the same pet simply with upgraded abilities like all the other pets?

Its just sloppy, or even worse, no one actually gives a ****. People have spent real money on these things, the least you could do is give them a fully supported release......you must have known it would frustrate people, yet you still haven't bothered. Unprofessional at its best yet again.

So annoying, seriously.
" Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
Post edited by caldannach on

Comments

• Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    caldannach wrote: »
    Seriously Cryptic, i don't complain that much anymore, i just take the game as it comes.

However.

Seriously now, you release a carrier, with exclusive pets, and don't bother making any versions of the pet worth having?

It just smacks to me of half arsed work, i mean how hard is it, to make 2 different versions of the same pet simply with upgraded abilities like all the other pets?

Its just sloppy, or even worse, no one actually gives a ****. People have spent real money on these things, the least you could do is give them a fully supported release......you must have known it would frustrate people, yet you still haven't bothered. Unprofessional at its best yet again.

So annoying, seriously.

We'll see, they might release a Jem'Hadar attack ship style ship in a DOFF pack promo later on.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    Cool it, bub. This sort of angry vitriole will get you nowhere on our forums.

Very Rare and Ultra Rare versions of the Mobulai Frigates are already made and packaged, and they will be introduced in an upcoming patch. It was merely an oversight that they weren't made available in the applicable stores on launch day.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    mamif3mamif3 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Very Rare and Ultra Rare versions of the Mobulai Frigates are already made and packaged, and they will be introduced in an upcoming patch. It was merely an oversight that they weren't made available in the applicable stores on launch day.

Well that's somewhat disappointing.

Can you at least give us the stats/weapon loadout of the fleet ones so we are not guessing for a week? (assuming said patch waits till next Thursday)
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    caldannach wrote: »

However.

So annoying, seriously.

Same thing has happened in the past, took the Recluse a long time to get anything besides the basic Widows...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Same thing has happened in the past, took the Recluse a long time to get anything besides the basic Widows...

They just don't love us crazy carrier people :P

Also I think the new aquatic carrier is underpowered and won't sell. They should #slapanotherhangeronit
  • Options
    tamzaktamzak Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014

You might want to sticky this information or even include it in the xindi lockbox info page from the launcher link.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    Here are the details for each rank of the Xindi-Aquatic Mobulai Frigate hangar pets.

Rare (Blue) Quality
    Xindi-Aquatic Mobulai Frigates

2x Phased Biomatter Beam Arrays (1 fore, 1 aft)
    Phased Biomatter Dual Beam Bank (fore)
    Quantum Torpedo Launcher (fore)
    Quantum Mine Launcher (aft)
    Mine Dispersal Pattern Alpha I
    Cascade Resonance Burst I (this ability mimics the functionality of the Carrier's console, but does not chain off multiple targets)

Very Rare (Purple) Quality

Advanced Xindi-Aquatic Mobulai Frigates

Mine Dispersal Pattern Alpha II
    Cascade Resonance Burst II (same as Rank I, but deals more damage)

Ultra-Rare (Fleet) Quality
    Elite Xindi-Aquatic Mobulai Frigate

Mine Dispersal Pattern Alpha III
    Cascade Resonance Burst III (same as Rank II, but also increases the resistance debuff potency)
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Here are the details for each rank of the Xindi-Aquatic Mobulai Frigate hangar pets.

Rare (Blue) Quality
    Xindi-Aquatic Mobulai Frigates

Mine Dispersal Pattern Alpha I
    Cascade Resonance Burst I (this ability mimics the functionality of the Carrier's console, but does not chain off multiple targets)

Very Rare (Purple) Quality

Advanced Xindi-Aquatic Mobulai Frigates

Mine Dispersal Pattern Alpha II
    Cascade Resonance Burst II (same as Rank I, but deals more damage)

Ultra-Rare (Fleet) Quality
    Elite Xindi-Aquatic Mobulai Frigate

Mine Dispersal Pattern Alpha III
    Cascade Resonance Burst III (same as Rank II, but also increases the resistance debuff potency)

Thankyou:D
  • Options
    malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Huh, interesting. This is a two hanger, so four of these ships, popping out mines every time they come into range, which means they won't do anything for the most part. The rest looks okay.

Mines, mines, mines everywhere!!!!!

Say, for this one and the Kar'fi Frigates, would it be possible for someone to rework the AI so that they only dump mines within like 5KM of the target?
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    the day has come! spam that drops spam! :D
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I knew that Monty Python reunion would back-fire somehow.
    A: I ll have some spam spam spam spam bacon with spam
    B: we're out of bacon
  • Options
    fireseeedfireseeed Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2014

An yet it did get somewhere, a response from the dev and the specification for the vessels.
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    fireseeed wrote: »
    An yet it did get somewhere, a response from the dev and the specification for the vessels.

actually, he was just being nice. normally those kind of posts dont get a word. he even admitted it was a slipup that they werent rolled out, but WERE ready., unlike what everyone assumed.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

So a very basic oversight for arguably one of the main highlights of the new lockbox, and you tell me to cool it?

Ok maybe i was laying it on a bit thick, and i apologise for that. However not only did it get a reply that satisfied my query for once, but there wasn't even an apology for the oversight. Unless its somewhere on the forums i haven't seen.

Everyone makes mistakes, i'm cool with that. Maybe next time someone should make a post about it before said vitriol appears. Same could be said for other issues that crop up from time to time. Communication is good.

Regardless of you not liking my original post, it doesn't change the fact that people who payed for that ship, now have to wait for the better pets, when there was no good reason they should not have been available from the launch of the lockbox, or indeed why they can't just be patched in. That is my overall point.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I wonder if the mines will be the standard pursuit range or will it be enhanced like how the Hot Pursuit Trait increases pursuit range. I use mines on my Sci Torpedo Boat and I don't think they would be feasible without Hot Pursuit. They already will get negated quite a bit by FAW Mobs. But DPB3 can pack a wallop if all the mines hit, even on a science char.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    dnaangel9dnaangel9 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    An oversight they say eh? I guess it was an oversight that their update also crashed the tailor and worst of all, trading. Content release days are always a comical time.

I am siding with the OP on this one, regardless on how it was/wasn't worded in the OP. Something like not releasing the upgraded pets to one of the standout things of 9.5, crashed player trading and the tailor are something that shouldn't be "overlooked". That's just rushed programming, which we are seeing more and more of. "Push it live now, wait for bug reports later", debugging much?

Bort says its packaged and ready (upgraded carrier pets), then how come it wasn't included in the overnight 2 hour patch (10pm-12am PST)?
  • Options
    turbografix16turbografix16 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dnaangel9 wrote: »
    An oversight they say eh? I guess it was an oversight that their update also crashed the tailor and worst of all, trading. Content release days are always a comical time.

I am siding with the OP on this one, regardless on how it was/wasn't worded in the OP. Something like not releasing the upgraded pets to one of the standout things of 9.5, crashed player trading and the tailor are something that shouldn't be "overlooked". That's just rushed programming, which we are seeing more and more of. "Push it live now, wait for bug reports later", debugging much?

Bort says its packaged and ready (upgraded carrier pets), then how come it wasn't included in the overnight 2 hour patch (10pm-12am PST)?

I can't believe how entitled and ridiculous you and OP sound.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They have the potential to become the second frigattes being outdpsed by mere fighters (swarmers).
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Yeah, I was laughing when I saw that :D
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I love ya J-man, and it hurts to have to do this, but...

why the hell was that not mentioned in a blog, or something.. you forgot to put something in (it happens), but don't bother mentioning it, knowing people are more than likely going to be looking for it, especially given the ship it accompanies is a very expensive ship to purchase.

this thread should never have existed simply because some sort of notation of, "for all of you who have purchased the new carrier, the rarer versions of the pets will be in in another patch, as we goofed and forgot to put the codeing in the release, as always thanks for your patience"...

love ya J-man...
  • Options
    omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And people wonder why devs don't post in the forums as much...
  • Options
    mackermomomackermomo Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I really feel sorry for the folks who argue, "Well the OP was a jerk, but he did receive an answer."

What the dev did is called "taking the high road."
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    mackermomo wrote: »
    I really feel sorry for the folks who argue, "Well the OP was a jerk, but he did receive an answer."

What the dev did is called "taking the high road."

Thats cool, i feel sorry for all the people who are so far up the devs arses they can see how many fillings they have, everytime they bother making any post on the forums.

They made a mistake.

They never even said anything, hoping what? That no one would care/notice?

I found it very annoying and unprofessional and made a thread.

Lol. The dev didn't take the high road at all, there is no high road. I bet that sounded great in your head. Taking the high road would actually have been not commenting at all. Basically, they dropped the ball, and i simply hit a nerve because i used the word 'unprofessional', which is exactly what it is.

So don't make out like i am just the bad guy here, I searched for any official word on the pets before i made the post. If they had issued such a post i would never have made this thread. Its a fairly simple concept.
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Actually, the devs don't post much because they are busy rolling out new content (in this case upgraded pets) for all the ingrates on the forums who decide "Actually, I don't care what the devs are doing but there's a new carrier about and it doesn't even have upgraded pets that are out at the same time." Did you think that the new pets might be slightly stronger than other frigates of the same grade and thus don't require an immediate upgrade? *cue forum-rage post*

That, and they probably look for posts worthy of their attention and/or ones that worded a SLIGHT more politely than the OP in this case..and no, I don't have my head that far up somebody's/my own backside that i can't see when said somebody has made a mistake - you people* complain about grinding, and then you rush in when the devs don't add something that would give you that slightly sharper edge.

*RANT OVER*

*Referring to all people who don't let the devs get on with their jobs and adding said pets.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Borticus, thanks for the info, and i hate to steal the tread a Little, but are you guys planning on putting romulan pets on the store?, like the kestrel or the shuttle??, we really need some new, my Ar'Kif is using Delta Flyers, i'll love to use something more Romulan not the Scorpions :/

Thanks, anyway
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    sharpie65 wrote: »
    Actually, the devs don't post much because they are busy rolling out new content (in this case upgraded pets) for all the ingrates on the forums who decide "Actually, I don't care what the devs are doing but there's a new carrier about and it doesn't even have upgraded pets that are out at the same time." Did you think that the new pets might be slightly stronger than other frigates of the same grade and thus don't require an immediate upgrade? *cue forum-rage post*

That, and they probably look for posts worthy of their attention and/or ones that worded a SLIGHT more politely than the OP in this case..and no, I don't have my head that far up somebody's/my own backside that i can't see when said somebody has made a mistake - you people* complain about grinding, and then you rush in when the devs don't add something that would give you that slightly sharper edge.

*RANT OVER*

*Referring to all people who don't let the devs get on with their jobs and adding said pets.

Listen dickhead. I didn't rant about grinding or anything else, so get off your high horse and put your dentures back in. Its not about a 'slightly sharper edge' i don't care if my DPS is slightly less. Its the principle of it and the fact i was annoyed that they thought a basic error like that would not be noticed clearly.

I was annoyed because something i paid money to purchase, doesn't have a fully supported release. Every other ship that has pets that has been added, came with dil store and fleet store versions of said pets, so why should this one have been different?

Scimitar, Bastion/Bulwark, Obelisk....now Narcine....but no pets.

IF THEY SAID SOMETHING, to break the precedent, then i wouldn't have minded. The disappointment came from expecting them to be there and finding them absent once i actually owned the ship. A ship that cost me an arm and a leg by the way. Its just basics. Another sloppy error in a line of sloppy errors.

Yes its a F2P game, but when it comes to paid content like lockboxes its not F2P then is it?

Furthermore, don't wax lyrical about how they are slaving away 'rolling out new content'. There is no new missions or STF content of any kind. Its just a new UI, new lockbox ($$$$$$$) and another huge grind system. Its all menu based. I'm sure it takes some hard work to try and get it right, don't get me wrong, but how much developing power do you really think it requires when compared to something like a featured episode series or something similar? Not to mention they actually removed content, in the form of the exploration clusters. You think the 2 small paragraphs i got in reply to this thread slipped their schedule back a few weeks is that it? Wake up man.

As stated in my OP I haven't whined about Cryptic for a long while and i usually support them in other threads, but basic errors and then a lack of basic communication is unforgiveable, so i let it be known. Sue me. If people don't let them know when things annoy them then they won't take action to try and improve.

I am entitled to express my umbrage, no matter what all the Cryptic groupies that probably only played the game for a couple of months say about it, or whether i get a reply from a dev or not who doesn't even apologise for an admitted error.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2014

You reap what you sow.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    woodwhity wrote: »
    They have the potential to become the second frigattes being outdpsed by mere fighters (swarmers).

And? They will have a lot more longevity in today's AoE filled PvE/Aceton filled PvP...
  • Options
    dnaangel9dnaangel9 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    "Cryptic Groupies"..LMFAO Love it!

I agree with all your points btw. Its all about the principal of it, but kids don't understand that concept.