test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where can I find the keybind config file in Windows 7?

malazancommandermalazancommander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2014 in The Academy
I only found this path:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Star Trek Online

But, there are soooooo many files inside there that I don't know which one it is (it doesn't seem to be there, at least doesn't look like it to be).

So... what is the name of the config file and anyone know where it is? Also, do I have the wrong path?
Post edited by malazancommander on

Comments

• breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The STOWiki Guide: Keybinds is a handy resurce for figuring out your keybinds. Once you set up and /bind_save_file even a basic keybind setup, you can easily find and edit that file directly since you were the one that named it. Just remember: if the file doesn't work the way you think it should, just restore the defaults and try again. Practice with the binds makes it much easier once you start really understanding what each command means and does. :D
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • malazancommandermalazancommander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The STOWiki Guide: Keybinds is a handy resurce for figuring out your keybinds. Once you set up and /bind_save_file even a basic keybind setup, you can easily find and edit that file directly since you were the one that named it. Just remember: if the file doesn't work the way you think it should, just restore the defaults and try again. Practice with the binds makes it much easier once you start really understanding what each command means and does. :D

So you're saying there are no keybind files that already exist? I actually have to save one for it to exist?
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Here is. Link to Federal Emergency Services website. Their leader made a STO application that is easy to use and has numerous videos on how to use. I do say download at your own risk, I have and use it. Just make sure you protect your own computer. Just as the agreement to use it say "I am not responsible". Everyone I play with in multiple fleets use this key bind maker.

http://www.ifes.us/index.php/keybind-application
    320x240.jpg
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    simeion1 wrote: »
    Here is. Link to Federal Emergency Services website. Their leader made a STO application that is easy to use and has numerous videos on how to use. I do say download at your own risk, I have and use it. Just make sure you protect your own computer. Just as the agreement to use it say "I am not responsible". Everyone I play with in multiple fleets use this key bind maker.

That, which is also mentioned on the STOWiki's Guide at the bottom, is another method that works well if you have too much trouble sorting through the syntax on your own. There isn't an editable file until you create one, though; just start with /bind_save_file <pickyourfilename> and tinker, or use the tool linked above. Whatever you prefer. ;)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • malazancommandermalazancommander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    simeion1 wrote: »

I was more annoyed earlier lol. When I learnt you had to create one yourself lol. I thought STO would automatically create one upon saving until I realized it didn't. It was empty, save for a few lines.

I created my own already. Took my an hour though eh. Man, is it hard trying to play with a controller lol, without the visuals in space in the trays. For now, will stick to the keyboard until I find myself a good keybind for a global build.

Concerning the link, that smells like a keylogger. Thanks for the link though. This might help someone else though :)