Install Arc
Options

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - July 14, 2014

13»

Comments

• Options
    gabytrekgabytrek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The tailor causes my game to crash. Tried it on two different Federation toons. One on DS9, one on ESD. Both tailors crashed my game as soon as I tried talking to them.
    @GabyBee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crypticgekocrypticgeko Member Posts: 87
    edited July 2014
    Changes to crafting Very Rare Components:
    We are increasing the time it takes to make Very Rare Components and the crafting XP they reward. Currently, they all take 5 seconds to make. Common through Rare will continue to be quick. Very Rare Components, which cost Dilithium, will now take 30 minutes. The cost to make Very Rare Components will be reduced from 5000 to 4000 Dilithium. The cost to “Finish Now” a Very Rare Components is 450, so the total cost of making a Very Rare Components is actually going down (even if you choose to finish early), but you will still get the full 30 minutes of crafting XP.

Note, there are 2 types of Very Rare Components. Both are Very Rare, but some take 5 Materials, 20 minutes and 500 Dilithium to make (and about 350 Dilithium to Finish early), and others take 8 Materials, 30 minutes and 4000 Dilithium (and about 450 Dilithium to Finish early). It takes one of the former to make a Mark XI item and one of each to make a Mark 12.

Changes to Criticals on Components:
    Overall, chances to make Very rare items have recently been improved. Also, cost to make components were severely reduced. To keep in step with these changes, it will generally be harder to critical on making components. Remember, when making a component, you always get the one you are crafting. When you successfully critical, you make 3 of that component.
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    We are increasing the time it takes to make Very Rare Components and the crafting XP they reward. Currently, they all take 5 seconds to make. Common through Rare will continue to be quick. Very Rare Components, which cost Dilithium, will now take 30 minutes. The cost to make Very Rare Components will be reduced from 5000 to 4000 Dilithium. The cost to “Finish Now” a Very Rare Components is 450, so the total cost of making a Very Rare Components is actually going down (even if you choose to finish early), but you will still get the full 30 minutes of crafting XP.

Note, there are 2 types of Very Rare Components. Both are Very Rare, but some take 5 Materials, 20 minutes and 500 Dilithium to make (and about 350 Dilithium to Finish early), and others take 8 Materials, 30 minutes and 4000 Dilithium (and about 450 Dilithium to Finish early). It takes one of the former to make a Mark XI item and one of each to make a Mark 12.

Overall, chances to make Very rare items have recently been improved. Also, cost to make components were severely reduced. To keep in step with these changes, it will generally be harder to critical on making components. Remember, when making a component, you always get the one you are crafting. When you successfully critical, you make 3 of that component.

Hides from the impending fallout from the incoming forum implosion
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

sounds reasonable. its come a long way from 33% max chance for purple items lol
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jheinig wrote: »
    There was a bug in some of the rep stores that linked the dilithium prices to changes in EC prices, instead of having their own set of variables. We tracked those down and forced them into compliance.

Is anyone in QA assigned to review all the prices at the EC vendors, the dilithium store, the reputation stores, and the fleet stores? I'd hate for pricing errors to show up on Holodeck when Season 9.5 is released.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Interesting...hrmm, can see where that can work out in Cryptic's favor a few ways while being good and offering some choice to the playerbase as well.

Just to clarify if possible, is that going to be a scaling/percentage/flat change - as far as how it plays out with the different rarities?
  • Options
    raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I can't say I have a huge problem with hits, though I would like to know why.

Any chance of use being able to craft multiple components at once (crits aside)
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2014

So...is there any logical and justifiable reason why I have to wait 29:55 or 19:55 minutes more to make these components? Components of all things. I'll refrain from throwing out crackpot conspiracy theories, but I'd like to know.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    hypl wrote: »

So...is there any logical and justifiable reason why I have to wait 29:55 or 19:55 minutes more to make these components? Components of all things. I'll refrain from throwing out crackpot conspiracy theories, but I'd like to know.

You don't have to wait that long. You can wait that long. You don't have to wait that long.

It was 5000 Dil for 5s.
    It's going to be 4000 Dil for 30m or 4450 Dil for instant.

You'll be able to get that Very Rare component for 550 Dil less and 4s faster...as well as getting 30 minutes of XP instead of 5s of XP.

Or if you don't mind waiting, you can just get it for 1000 Dil less.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You don't have to wait that long. You can wait that long. You don't have to wait that long.

It was 5000 Dil for 5s.
    It's going to be 4000 Dil for 30m or 4450 Dil for instant.

You'll be able to get that Very Rare component for 550 Dil less and 4s faster...as well as getting 30 minutes of XP instead of 5s of XP.

Or if you don't mind waiting, you can just get it for 1000 Dil less.

I know, thankfully. It's not that bad. The question is, why?
  • Options
    crypticgekocrypticgeko Member Posts: 87
    edited July 2014
    One fundamental reason for increasing the time on making Very Rare Components is to increase their perceived value. They are the most valuable commodity within the system and you should feel the investment when you create them. Simply put, they “feel” complex and valuable when you wait for it to bake, and when they are done, it feels good. Having them complete instantly is convenient, but we feel the added effort adds to the sense of satisfaction.

We were also looking for ways to have more medium sized projects that made meaningful items. There are medium sized projects (mid Mark items), but they will have less value (other than Crafting XP and possibly EC on the exchange) to end game players.

Also, the system allows you to get 3 Components if you crit, which drastically changes the average-cost-math of making, say, a Mark 12 item. So doing lots of math, we mitigated this cost by reducing the chance of getting a critical, but it wasn’t quite enough. We didn’t want to increase the dilithium cost, so we felt time was a fair compromise that also seemed to address the other issues.
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Honestly I don't understand why all components are so fast to build in the first place. Aside from adding more clicking they serve absolutely no purpose nor do they add anything to the system.

I had originally figured they would serve as part of a time gate and help fill the void the old strange alien artifact used too where those players with top end doffs would pump out the consoles while the masses sold the strange alien artifacts to the crafters.

That system worked very well up until the spire release. It gave casual players the ability to participate in the market buy selling the artifacts, hardcore players crafted the consoles to sell, and the whales bought keys in bulk to sell on the exchange (to both the casual and hardcore to an extent) for EC to buy the finished consoles.

Oh well.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Is the Alpha-state Doffing UI going live the way it is? With no sorting options, etc?
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bareel wrote: »
    Honestly I don't understand why all components are so fast to build in the first place. Aside from adding more clicking they serve absolutely no purpose nor do they add anything to the system.

Well making them slower to build won't reduce clicks. it only spaces them out.

My suggestion is to have it where if we don't have components on hand when crafting an item, it'll just take the materials those components would take to build. You can still make components, and the reason to do so would be components can crit and net you more for the money, rewarding you for the micromanagement (and actually once you get to 15 you want to craft components by hand since the cheap components are all crits and the rarer ones still have a very high chance to crit)

Also we really really need to be able to queue multiple crafts or be able to craft say, a half dozen components at once. (I like 6 since everything needs 1, 2 or 3 components and 6 is divisible by all of them and lets you get at least 2 pieces of equipment). That's not to say the ability to make just 1 should go away. Just add a slider or something to the component crafting screen.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,178 Arc User
    edited July 2014

What is the point in having 5 slots when you can only realistically craft 2 high level items per day? No crafting system should limit a full on crafter who has to spend well over 100days to get to max level to 2 item per day.

The Dilithium is still crazy high. Things like mines are completely pointless to craft at that price and the vast majority of what you craft isn’t worth 4k Dilithium. Surly you can see limited crafters to 2 item per day is going to kill the crafting profession?

You are missing a great opportunity for people to get to level 20 and be the crafter for a fleet or small community. Dilithium costs kill that.

That and if you are crafting then you have zero Dilithium for anything else as crafting daily takes up 100% of your Dilithium allowance.

EDIT: Doesn’t crafting 2 items per day put players over the limit of how much Dilithium they can refine per day? So perhaps 1 item per day? Either way the current crafting system doesn’t allow a player to spend hours crafting a day.

Can we please have some feedback of what the devs goals are and what devs think about the Dilithium limiting the amount of crafting items? Crafting 8 weapons for 1 ship would take over 1 week of daily grinding Dilithium.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Have to figure they're working off folks having multiple toons and doing the 25:1 to move Dil between toons, eh? DOFFing 2-3 times a day on my 9 guys usually gets me ~20-50k Dil a day combined. I don't really pay much attention to it, it's just the same routine each time:

1) Collect rewards from completed assignments.
    2) Check if the toon's got 5+ Contraband, if so...
    2a) Head to Qo'noS to check in with the Security NPC.
    2b) Check if the toon's got 10+ Prisoners, if so - turn those in as well.
    3) Do the free transwarp to Surface Tension to drop me in Tau Dewa.
    4) Check Personal for Confiscate Contraband.
    5) Check Current Map for Marauding assignments.
    6) Check Department Heads - First Officer for Marauding assignments.
    7) Enter the Dyson Sphere.
    8) Do Current Map, Personal, and there's still slots available - just work my way through the Department Heads.
    9) Move to the next toon.

There are folks that would probably optimize it, better DOFFs, better locations, and if they were running 9 toons would hit 72k a day from just DOFFing. But I DOFF like I fly and play in general...wheeee whatever...heh, though it is how I've probably got over 30k samples that I'll need to convert. Just through lazy DOFFing...

So you end up with different toons working different schools (since the gear is BOE) and the Dil coming collectively from the group of toons...

...have to wonder if that's something they've looked at in looking at everything.
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Is the Alpha-state Doffing UI going live the way it is? With no sorting options, etc?

you didn't get the memo? its no longer alpha, we have reached RC!

Due to players getting lost, file size limitations, and an overall forum structure that just couldn't produce the kind of feedback needed to make changes on such a short notice. All issues will be addressed after the release of the next expansion, they might be out of coffee cups again .
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    havam wrote: »
    you didn't get the memo? its no longer alpha, we have reached RC!

Due to players getting lost, file size limitations, and an overall forum structure that just couldn't produce the kind of feedback needed to make changes on such a short notice. All issues will be addressed after the release of the next expansion, they might be out of coffee cups again .

Rofl from what I've seen over the last year and a half they are out of cups and their veteran players now lol.

They are trying to tap some new untapped player base now that they have burnt out the old ones.
  • Options
    colonelsanderzcolonelsanderz Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I always envisioned a crafting system that used the components to determine the outcome in the mods on whatever you made via recipes, and used the individual components' quality/rarity to contribute to the overall crafters level in regards to success in the rarity of the final product. I know that's a lot of math and it makes it very complex, but you do kill two birds with one stone... guaranteed outcome and satisfaction of the crafter.

Crafting should be almost like a chosen profession, and not so dumbed down that everyone can do it in their spare time. My $.02...
    ?
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    One fundamental reason for increasing the time on making Very Rare Components is to increase their perceived value. They are the most valuable commodity within the system and you should feel the investment when you create them. Simply put, they “feel” complex and valuable when you wait for it to bake, and when they are done, it feels good. Having them complete instantly is convenient, but we feel the added effort adds to the sense of satisfaction.

We were also looking for ways to have more medium sized projects that made meaningful items. There are medium sized projects (mid Mark items), but they will have less value (other than Crafting XP and possibly EC on the exchange) to end game players.

Also, the system allows you to get 3 Components if you crit, which drastically changes the average-cost-math of making, say, a Mark 12 item. So doing lots of math, we mitigated this cost by reducing the chance of getting a critical, but it wasn’t quite enough. We didn’t want to increase the dilithium cost, so we felt time was a fair compromise that also seemed to address the other issues.

Okay. I don't mind the changes to the very rare component construction, but might it be possible to add something to the interface that allows us to batch common, uncommon, and rare components? A lot of the upper tier stuff requires - or at least it did the last time I checked, haven't had a chance to look at the system after the latest set of patches - multiples of each common and uncommon component and looked to be requiring multiple rare components as well. Being able to make those components in batches instead of having to sit there for several minutes clicking through the projects over and over would make some players very happy.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,178 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Have to figure they're working off folks having multiple toons and doing the 25:1 to move Dil between toons, eh? DOFFing 2-3 times a day on my 9 guys usually gets me ~20-50k Dil a day combined. I don't really pay much attention to it, it's just the same routine each time:

1) Collect rewards from completed assignments.
    2) Check if the toon's got 5+ Contraband, if so...
    2a) Head to Qo'noS to check in with the Security NPC.
    2b) Check if the toon's got 10+ Prisoners, if so - turn those in as well.
    3) Do the free transwarp to Surface Tension to drop me in Tau Dewa.
    4) Check Personal for Confiscate Contraband.
    5) Check Current Map for Marauding assignments.
    6) Check Department Heads - First Officer for Marauding assignments.
    7) Enter the Dyson Sphere.
    8) Do Current Map, Personal, and there's still slots available - just work my way through the Department Heads.
    9) Move to the next toon.

There are folks that would probably optimize it, better DOFFs, better locations, and if they were running 9 toons would hit 72k a day from just DOFFing. But I DOFF like I fly and play in general...wheeee whatever...heh, though it is how I've probably got over 30k samples that I'll need to convert. Just through lazy DOFFing...

So you end up with different toons working different schools (since the gear is BOE) and the Dil coming collectively from the group of toons...

...have to wonder if that's something they've looked at in looking at everything.
    I must be missing something. First "Check if the toon's got 10+ Prisoners, if so - turn those in as well." how do you get dill from that and can feds do it? The other thing is how are you moving all that dill to your high level crafter? Even if its per toon that's not enough from doffs to do 1 item per day per toon.

I agree samples/mats or what ever we call them these days are meaningless. We get so many even with crafting I don't know what to do with them. The real problem is the limited of dill per toon so you are limited to 1 item to craft per day per toon. That and with the horrible new Doff UI are you really going to be doffing that fast? the doff UI has gone from being simple and nice to use to a nightmare.
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    I must be missing something. First "Check if the toon's got 10+ Prisoners, if so - turn those in as well." how do you get dill from that and can feds do it? The other thing is how are you moving all that dill to your high level crafter? Even if its per toon that's not enough from doffs to do 1 item per day per toon.

I agree samples/mats or what ever we call them these days are meaningless. We get so many even with crafting I don't know what to do with them. The real problem is the limited of dill per toon so you are limited to 1 item to craft per day per toon. That and with the horrible new Doff UI are you really going to be doffing that fast? the doff UI has gone from being simple and nice to use to a nightmare.

Feds can do it, for half the dil or something. Its at the security officer. And to move dil between characters, post dil for 25 dil per zen, cancel offer, dont withdraw to character, switch character, withdraw from there
  • Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    pottsey5g wrote: »

Feds cannot do this method - the Prisoner Turn-in for Feds only takes two prisoners and gives the regular 5/125 payout.

Also, I think I'm going to take the period after 9.5 to level up my crafting and collect rare/very rare materials/components, so that when we *can* add mods to weapons and equipment I can actually do it.

Though I'm probably going to splurge the 18K dilithium on my crafting toon to get a few spare R&D slots open on day 1.