test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Engineer in Need

teddyphototeddyphoto Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Federation Discussion
Im in a bit of a stalemate at the moment as I am trying to figure out what ship I should main. Now I do understand the caveat that you can fly any ship and build it how you like. With that aside I will tell you about my current status.

Right now I am flying a Vesta (the science variant due to the console) and I am really enjoying its playstyle. I want to turn this ship into a Debuffer/CC ship that can survive a little better as well as having the pets for additional damage. Would you say that this is viable?

The other route I want to go is a ship for pure tanking. Being a lifetime member I do have access to some options but I want to know your opinion. The ships I do have in mind for that are the Monbosh, Galor, or the Bastion.
Post edited by teddyphoto on

Comments

• opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    teddyphoto wrote: »
    Im in a bit of a stalemate at the moment as I am trying to figure out what ship I should main. Now I do understand the caveat that you can fly any ship and build it how you like. With that aside I will tell you about my current status.

Right now I am flying a Vesta (the science variant due to the console) and I am really enjoying its playstyle. I want to turn this ship into a Debuffer/CC ship that can survive a little better as well as having the pets for additional damage. Would you say that this is viable?

The other route I want to go is a ship for pure tanking. Being a lifetime member I do have access to some options but I want to know your opinion. The ships I do have in mind for that are the Monbosh, Galor, or the Bastion.

If you enjoy Debuffing and CC, the Vesta is an incredibly good option. It is truly hard for me to think of a ship that does that any better.

Pure tanking ship I would go for a Recluse. The Recluse is not only nigh indestructible when well built, but it has one of the most effective healing Boff layout, not to mention one of the highest shield/hull combos in the game. The 2 pet slots it has are just the bees knees.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    1. How rich are you?

2. Pve or pvp?

3. The vesta is a good ship and should be more then enough for pve...maybe not pvp
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • teddyphototeddyphoto Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Dahminus, I am sitting at 3.6 mil EC currently with around 122 Lobi. This will be for PvE rather then PvP.
    edited July 2014
    Dahminus, I am sitting at 3.6 mil EC currently with around 122 Lobi. This will be for PvE rather then PvP.

For PvE, the Galor is one cruiser that never let me down.

Technically the Monbosh is a sort of upgrade to the Galor, but I could never get over how awkward it was to fly being oddly shaped.
  • coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My Joined Trill Engineer uses the tac Vesta for Crowd Contorl, Energy Drain, and DPS. It can be done.

Just be creative. Take a look at my STO Academy build in my sig below.
    edited July 2014
    Also, if you are a vet, why not use the fleet chimera? It is a fantastic ship that will cost you next to nothing when compared to the lockbox ships.
    edited July 2014
    Is the Chimera a viable ship for what I want it to do?
    edited July 2014
    Is the Chimera a viable ship for what I want it to do?

Yes: my Fed sci alt uses the Fleet Chimera with disruptor beams. She likes it.

If you are an engineer tho: miracle worker helps keep the Vesta Class alive.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,461 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    The Vesta can make a beautiful CC ship. I got a friend who set up what we in the fleet call the "Mega Well". Dang Grav Well can grab things almost 15 km away or something like that. Throw in Graviton Torps and watch the ships cause whiplash to their crews. lol
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited July 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The Vesta can make a beautiful CC ship. I got a friend who set up what we in the fleet call the "Mega Well". Dang Grav Well can grab things almost 15 km away or something like that. Throw in Graviton Torps and watch the ships cause whiplash to their crews. lol

Oh I know the feeling: fun to watch GW 3 triggered on my Vesta, suck up ships then throw in Torp Spread with the Gravimetric Photon Torpedoes plus Elite Obelisk Swarmers equals a fun sight. :D
    edited July 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »

Do you have a link to your friends build so I can have somewhat of a reference?
    edited July 2014
    I decided to keep my Vesta for now till something else comes along.

As for what set I should go with I am still at a bit of a standstill. As I will be going with a Debuffer/CC ship, I was originally thinking the Dyson set would be beneficial.
    edited July 2014
    I decided to keep my Vesta for now till something else comes along.

As for what set I should go with I am still at a bit of a standstill. As I will be going with a Debuffer/CC ship, I was originally thinking the Dyson set would be beneficial.

I'd use the 2pcs Adapted MACO Shield and Engine with the Counter Command Deflector. The AMACO 2 pcs bonus is nice on the Vesta plus the Deflector is handy for DPS. Warp Core wise: go Elite Fleet with AMP or Obelisk if you want to go AP