test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Assault Cruiser Recommended Builds?

stodatapiocardstodatapiocard Member Posts: 187 Arc User
Hello everyone,

I recently achieved level 50 on a Federation Engineer. I am not spending ANY real money on this game, as much as I'd like to have C-Store stuff, it's dang to pricey! So I currently am in need of a good build for my T5 Assault Cruiser.

I am saving my fleet credits up to buy an Odyssey Star Cruiser eventually(Gonna take forever, it costs 200,000FC, and I don't even have 10,000...).

Now for my build:
For:
2 Tetryon Beam Banks both MK XI
1 Dual Tetryon Beam Bank MK XI
1 Adaptive Transphasic Torpedo Launcher MK XII [Dmg]x3 [Borg]

Aft:
2 Tetryon Beam Banks both MK XI
1 Tetryon Turret MK XI
1 Breen Transphasic Cluster Torpedo Launcher Auto-Lvl

Full Breen Space Set MK XI W/ Obelisk Subspace Rift Warp Core Auto-Lvl

And for consoles, idk what to do about them, except RCS Accelorators which I have different MKs on(need to upgrade).

At any rate please, I need feedback, is my build terrible? Great? Missing something? Recomendations Please! Thanks guys! :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by stodatapiocard on

Comments

• dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not the full build yet, we need to see boff slots and to a lesser extent, skills/traits/doffs

Use this site here

Stoacademy.com and create a build that the forum can see...we will advise where to go...

Super cheap gear would be to do the step between stars and sphere of influence episodes to get the solonaoe set. Bunch of anti proton beam arrays and the omnibeam/obi core 2p set.

I think I'll make an ultimate cheap build thread...
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,467 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Beam Arrays are a bit more useful for cruisers due to their turn rate, and I'd suggest trading the turret for another beam array at least. Turrets take advantage of cannon powers, so beam powers do nothing for them. They may draw little power, but if you're gonna be hitting up FAW... Turret's not gonna be able to take advantage of it. If you still want a 360 weapon... might want to work towards the Kinetic Cutting Beam. As far as I know it doesn't take advantage of any beam powers, but as it dishes out Kinetic damage, you don't have to worry about mixing energy types as much as if you went for a Tetryon/AP build with the currently available Omni AP Array.

Combining the Breen set with Transphasics is pretty decent. And I too use the Obelisk core on my Assault Cruiser Refit. Its a good core.

I would also suggest the Fleet RCS Neutronium if you can afford them, as they combine the turn buff of RCS with the damage resist of Neutronium. Otherwise try to balance Neutronium with RCS consoles. Even with my 6 beam arrays, I kinda like being able to turn for Torpedo strikes.

Don't really have any suggestions for sci consoles, but I would suggest some damage type consoles to augment your Tetryon output.

The advantage of a Tetryon build is since people view Tet as garbage, its pretty cheep to get a full set of decent weapons. If you plan on sticking with Tetryon, I'd suggest saving up to replace your standards with Phased or Destabilizing. Although the Phased might do better with the added Phaser proc in exchange for a modifier.

The best part about STO is you can get most of the C-Store stuff just by playing the Dilithium Exchange, so if you wanted, you COULD get the AC Refit without spending a dime. Just set a goal, and work towards it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • stodatapiocardstodatapiocard Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=untitled1_0

There is the build as of RIGHT now...

(Just equipped dual Antiproton Beam array mk xi
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=cheapexcel_0
    3 conn tactical team doffs. 3 of your choice

Max out your weapons power and let the eps transfer do its thing.

Kept it as cheap as I could...i think you can get green mkxi eps flow consoles from a mission. I know you can find mag regs...field gets is a maybe.

Left out universals as I don't know your rep.

This will serve you well until you have some ec to blow
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,907 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    replay step between the stars a few more times to get all AP beams. depending on how much EC you have you can also buy from the exchange. do the reps, you can get some useful consoles. run through the Cardassian Struggle missions operation gamma and boldly they rode. to get the jem hadar 3 pc it's far better than the breen.
    sig.jpg