test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wont let me subscribe to lifetime

grob44grob44 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
I tried subscribing, it wont let me logon to site, say enable cookies, which I did, still gives error.
I can logon to game and forum with no problems.
Making it a headache to pay.
Post edited by grob44 on

Comments

• Options
    redhawk44redhawk44 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm having the problem, my cookies are enabled I guess they don't want our money.:P
  • Options
    klingonwerewolfklingonwerewolf Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Changing browsers is not a certainty. I know this all too well myself as I have tried using literally every browser available, including one that normally only the military uses or has access to and still no dice. From what I can tell the problem is, as mentioned above, a problem with the handshake protocols but it seems to be region specific as well not simply browser based. It sucks too because I was all set to finally cave and sign up for a lifetime sub. Something I normally would never do on ANY game period. Regardless I still love STO with or without the advantages of a sub.
  • Options
    grob44grob44 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Changed browser to google chrome after trying all of supports suggestions. Did not get to the cookie message yet, got to code auth, no matter what I enter it will not login, Im using the same lonon for game and forum and I can logon there, it might be that stupid letter box tried small letters and caps no luck.
    They really don't want my money, any game that makes it this hard to pay wont last long, paying might be a bad idea.
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    grob44 wrote: »
    got to code auth, no matter what I enter it will not login, Im using the same lonon for game and forum and I can logon there.

Use the auth. code you got from email
  • Options
    belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Had the same issue, kept getting the cookies message in IE.

Tried Firefox and got the same.
    Tried safari and it wouldn't even load the page properly.
    Finally tried Chrome and it let me log in, filled out the form for lifetime hit submit and it stalled with an error saying it couldn't connect to PayPal part and wouldn't go any further (I know PayPal was working fine as I'd paid some bills shortly before hand).

Gave up in the end went out and spent the £147 I had borrowed and put aside for lifetime on beer.

What really annoys me is transactions work fine if I buy Zen, Transactions work fine if I sub/resub (tested that too) but it just completely screws up when trying to buy the LTS.