test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Time for a new Engineering Drone.

baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
Engineers have access to both Support (Engi) and Seeker (Tac) Drone.

It's time to finish the trifecta with a Science/Medical Drone kit module.

Support Drones have access to Recharge Shield, Quick Fix, and Equipment Diagnostic as well as a basic attack, while Seeker Drones have Bolt Burst and Sniper Shot.

Sci/Med Drones should get Stasis Field, Vascular Regenerator, and possibly Tachyon Harmonic for a more Science leaning Drone, or one of the Hyposprays for a more Medical leaning Drone.

Opinions, thoughts, support, etc.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Interesting idea. Not sure if it's the best selection of powers, but that are details that in the end Cryptic will figure out on their own anyway.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sounds interesting. +1 :D
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Interesting idea, though I'd have suggested Biofilter Sweep as one of their abilities.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    thecoffinflythecoffinfly Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think it's a capital idea.
  • Options
    geminisierrageminisierra Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    interesting idea for a drone, but instead of the engineer, the science officers should get it.
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    interesting idea for a drone, but instead of the engineer, the science officers should get it.

I disagree, fabrication and tanking is all engineers are about on ground, id say give engineers a medical drone ability.

I would also say that maybe something could be used for sci such as placing a tricorder that gives off for example, a pulse every 2 seconds for 10 seconds that decloaks enemies. The tricorder could be an equipable like has been suggested before, or a set of ablities (example: Tricorder Particle Burst 1, Tricorder Sonic Pulse 2) Set them up as a kind of placeable sci power (like a turret that projects sci powers intead of straight up damage)

Maybe some of these

Tricorder Particle Burst: Fires periodic bursts every x seconds for y seconds that decloaks enemies

Specialty Ability, maybe replace a ground ability on the Voth BOFF with this and/or make it trainable by sci captains who reach Dyson T5

Tricorder Sonic Pulse: Fire a sonic pulse every x seconds for that does low damage and reduces all enemy damage resistance by x% for 15 seconds (stacks up to 5 times)

Tricorder Sonic Overload: fires a sonic pulse upon remote activation that does moderate damage and reduces enemy damage resistance by x% for 10 seconds (5 times the resistance debuff of sonic pulse)

These two give a choice of spike or constant damage/debuff, with the tradeoff being duration in debuff and lower damage to debuff ratio

Tricorder Vulnerability Scan A: placed tricorder exposes enemies in range every x seconds (a large interval like 7-14 seconds) and lowers damage resistance by y (resistance debuff stacks up to 5 times, small number like 2)

Tricorder Vulnerability Scan B: placed tricorder removes exposes on you every x seconds and buff your damge resistance by y (same as with A, 5 stacks and small amount)

Choice of enemy debuff or self buff this is a lower buff/debuff to maintain the speciality of Sonic Pulse

Tricorder Dampening Field: Enemies in range do x% less damage for y seconds while in range.

Tricorder Overload: Tricorder is remotely overloaded, doing moderate electrical damage to all enemies in range and disabling them for x seconds. (kind of like a sci themed transphasic bomb)

Or i could see these being tricorder modules which would be an equipable item (2 of the above), along with some type of gun enhancement modules for tacs (+arc to pulsewave, +duration to full auto, +targets to split beam, ect) and modules that enhance/change turrets for engis (+reg for turrets, something that lets shield gens grant small shields to turrets, something that lets med gens repair turrets.)

You will notice that none of these give +DMG directly, but do play to the strengths of the careers
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I disagree, fabrication and tanking is all engineers are about on ground, id say give engineers a medical drone ability.

and here I disagree.
    Sure engineers are for tanking and fabrication... but it's a drone.
    They're not really fabricated... but teleported.

Tactical officers can beam in a security team.
    Engineers can beam in drones and make/beam turrets.
    Science... nothing.

Give Science captains a Beam in a medical drone(s) and have it do medical/science things.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think this is a good idea. I wouldn't mind it.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    and here I disagree.
    Sure engineers are for tanking and fabrication... but it's a drone.
    They're not really fabricated... but teleported.

Tactical officers can beam in a security team.
    Engineers can beam in drones and make/beam turrets.
    Science... nothing.

Give Science captains a Beam in a medical drone(s) and have it do medical/science things.

I hear where you are coming from, but a beam in sci thing would be more like a medical team to me. In the beginning someone on the ship is still fabricating the drone beaming down
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Interesting idea, though I'd have suggested Biofilter Sweep as one of their abilities.

Biofilter is Player-ony ability, which is why I didn't even think of including it.

Drones, Turrets, Fabrications and such are the purview of the Engineer. Simply because a Tac Captain can summon a Security Team doesn't mean the Science Captain also needs a pet-type ability.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Drones, Turrets, Fabrications and such are the purview of the Engineer. Simply because a Tac Captain can summon a Security Team doesn't mean the Science Captain also needs a pet-type ability.

And why not?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    And why not?

because thats not the role they play
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,048 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    While we're at it, can we get some Romulan designed drones? Woud look better than a Fed allied Romulan summoning an Exocomp... or the NPC Romulan Thaleron Drones looking like Exocomps.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How about some class-bending stuff.

A Medic Exocomp drone for sci captains, a EMP grenade for engineers, a... radiation DoT for tacs. Or something.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    How about,

Another type of Hypospray for Sci (There's plenty of Star Trek drugs to chose from)

The Medic Drone for Engineer (As described in this thread)

Give Tacs a Backstab-like skill? (As in, works best when coming out of stealth and flanking the opponent.)
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Engs don't need another pet. My main is one, and when I am doing story arc stuff, I frequently find that I can pop a couple drones, a turret or two, maybe the Shard of Possibilities if I have it equipped, then go take a nap as my BOffs and pets go take down the boss. If I soften things up with an Orbital Strike, I probably don't have time for a nap, even.

OTOH, I just started a Ferengi Sci toon. He's got... nuthin'. 'Course he's still a LtC, so I'm not sure how things will play out for him as he gets new abilities, but pet-wise, it looks grim.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    jrwithjrwith Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    the drone could emit Thoron particles to remove tricorder debuffs, generate a stasis field, or administer a group heal of some kind.
  • Options
    sevenatsevenat Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Medical generator, medical drone please.

we need more healers, down with the trinity!

/thread
  • Options
    jrwithjrwith Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    for science captains I could see a photonic decoy like when the doctor imitated the captain possibly providing you an ambush bonus or something
  • Options
    idontknow200idontknow200 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hey all,

as a sometime human engineer. this is an awesome ideal. I hope that all kits will have an

open slot. for an engineer the new drone might be merged with tactical stun grenade

and can to preemptive strikes. because engineer's abilities rock. I did have a sci toon.

but not much as far as abilities except photonic fleet. hope that class can go away.

be kind to all????