What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 3rd, 2014) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    rickdias5500rickdias5500 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well if you still have not figured it out. Go look on the stupid tribble server (waste of server spaces now). In short, you will lose memory alpha and qo'noes , and gain countless hours chasing stupid data samples to make useless stuff by playing the same old stupid single player missions over and over again to get those samples. PWE is hell bent on destroying the in game economy of the game. This time is not just a little bush fire. It is blatant use of weapons of mass economic destruction, on a grand scale.
  • Options
    rickdias5500rickdias5500 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well if you still have not figured it out. Go look on the stupid tribble server (waste of server spaces now). In short, you will lose memory alpha and qo'noes , and gain countless hours chasing stupid data samples to make useless stuff by playing the same old stupid single player missions over and over again to get those samples. PWE is hell bent on destroying the in game economy of the game. This time is not just a little bush fire. It is blatant use of weapons of mass economic destruction, on a grand scale.
  • Options
    munkypoo7munkypoo7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It is blatant use of weapons of mass economic destruction, on a grand scale.

Well that escalated quickly.

You do understand we all play STO because we find it to be fun, amusing, etc right? It isn't a job, it's entertainment. Cool your warp nacelles and log back in in a few hours. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I play to fly my giant awesome ship around and blow **** up. so as long as they leave me **** to blow up I'll be fine :D
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
  • Options
    philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    munkypoo7 wrote: »
    Well that escalated quickly.

You do understand we all play STO because we find it to be fun, amusing, etc right? It isn't a job, it's entertainment. Cool your warp nacelles and log back in in a few hours. :rolleyes:

He probably wasn't aware that they were overheating.... damn f/x bug rears its ugly head once again....
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    admiralthorr360admiralthorr360 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Stream patches so we can all play 24/7 bwhahaha :P
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    May be down to the same servers running multiple PWE games and a server change has to be made due to another game event on somewhere else which has a knock on effect on us.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Pvp still not deleted yet. :confused:
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, there's one thing to be said for the Orion Syndicate; at least with them you can guarantee customer satisfaction. If they did the weekly maintenance they could take as long as they wanted and no one would complain. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    zathri83 wrote: »
    Pvp still not deleted yet. :confused:

Given what they're doing with the whole exploration removal stuff and 'streamlining' (b***ering up) R&D etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they just cut out pvp altogether and replace it with an RNG coinflip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    rob2485 wrote: »
    Server maintenance does not always mean there is a patch to release. Although it is second week in a row with no patch notes.

Maintenance, they could be doing the following:

Replacing hard drive
    Backing up all data in the database
    Replacing other network hardware which requires a server disconnect.
    Replacing anything else I didn't name

One of the things you didn't name? Staff! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Stealth nerf incoming
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    Stealth nerf incoming

Hodor? Hodor! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rob2485 wrote: »
    Server maintenance does not always mean there is a patch to release. Although it is second week in a row with no patch notes.

Maintenance, they could be doing the following:

Replacing hard drive
    Backing up all data in the database
    Replacing other network hardware which requires a server disconnect.
    Replacing anything else I didn't name

Depends on what you call "patch notes". Because if you talking about useless and again broken fixes, its been that way for months now.. lol. And it will be the third week in any case.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Depends on what you call "patch notes". Because if you talking about useless and again broken fixes, its been that way for months now.. lol. And it will be the third week in any case.

Months? I can see why you might have blocked the rest out of your memory but it's been like that since I started playing, according to some it's been that way since launch. O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited July 2014
    *looks at clock* My Orion could be 'getting paid' by now but here I languish for the next half an hour without an explanation :( *single tear*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    makotallusmakotallus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    this game wont be around in a couple of years anyway, they do not care about the players
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    makotallus wrote: »
    this game wont be around in a couple of years anyway, they do not care about the players

YAY! :D The doomsaying portion has officially begun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    westmetals wrote: »
    I'd be happy with normal-length maintenance periods (2-2.5 hrs) when there are no patch notes. Why are we having an extra-long maintenance (3 hrs, which as a result is forcing me to push my dailies by 12 hours, because it eliminated the 30-60 minute window that normally exists between the end of maintenance and the beginning of my work hours) when there's no patch notes at all?

I can understand that being possibly necessary when there's a moderate to major patch, season release, something like that, but this is with no patch notes at all. (And I have a newly lvl 50 toon who is racing the dilithium weekend on the calendar with reps - trying to hit all the tier 5 rewards during the dil weekend.)

Yeah, it can be quite irritating when the window of time you have to play the game optimally for you is overlapped by a maintainence.

However, we have to accept that there is a plethora of essential work that needs to be done that doesn't generate patch notes.

These notes tell us about changes to the game, but hardware has its own need to be maintained as well.

Patience and a little understanding goes a long way to controlling the blood pressure.

Long no patch maintainances are understandable, there's plenty of other things to get riled up about.
  • Options
    keravnioskeravnios Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So I take it that any attention to the graphics issue(s) is going to have to wait till after S9.5????

See here... here... here... here... here...

630 replies... 28,575 views...

71 days without one Dev reply...

Patience and understanding.... running a little low on both....

Yeah I started experiencing huge lag issues as well when my computer should have NONE.

WTF did they do?
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!
    ~LaughingTrendy
  • Options
    clarelou1clarelou1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    who thinks we will get an update when theres a delay to maintainence being finished lol
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!
    ~LaughingTrendy

Maintenance finished *earlier* than expected? Wow, just like my third wife! :D

See you in game! :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    clarelou1 wrote: »
    who thinks we will get an update when theres a delay to maintainence being finished lol

Timing must have been impeccable for this post :P

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
This discussion has been closed.