test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 3rd, 2014) [Complete!]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, July 3rd, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for our weekly scheduled maintenance. there are no patch notes. We expect this maintenance to last for 3 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for your patience and understanding,

That's a bit presumptuous, no? :P

You know what posts are incoming! :D

And you guys deserve some thanks from up the food chain for your patience. ;)

Didn't expect anything with nothing getting pushed to Redshirt, mind you. :(
  • Options
    philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So I take it that any attention to the graphics issue(s) is going to have to wait till after S9.5????

See here... here... here... here... here...

630 replies... 28,575 views...

71 days without one Dev reply...

Patience and understanding.... running a little low on both....
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    smilegcb2#3786 smilegcb2 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So I take it that any attention to the graphics issue(s) is going to have to wait till after S9.5????

I think that the team dev are enough occupied with the season 9.5 to correct a bug which seems to be can important for them... And nevertheless, certain players want to stop playing has cause of these graphic bug.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I'm a little disappointed that several Graphical Bugs particularly, have been at least looked at and perhaps resolved by the Art Team, yet none of these have been put onto Holodeck ...

A notable one is the Colour Palettes on the Risian Flower Accents. One of the Devs, has mentioned that they believe they have a fix for this ...

Great, except the SE is going to be over BEFORE the patch/fix is implemented ... Great Job Cryptic.

I understand they are gearing up for 9.5, and concentrating on getting the Crafting system out of it's currently appalling, bug riddled state before 9.5 goes live, but surely there are one or two Team Members who could rustle up a patch for CURRENT issues?
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    3 hour downtime with no patch notes?

I'm not usually one to make a fuss about changes but I am concerned when the changes aren't even disclosed.
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited July 2014

this issue has been in game for longer than 9.0 the whole invisible Borg torp is a example of this same issue it is the game engine giving priority to certain things in game first the frame rate drop as you say is the perfect example when I get into a big battle with lots of weapons fire my FPS drop to the point where it does not look like my weapons are firing but I can see the damage numbers coming off the target I have but it is noot game breaking to me as I am still moving and shooting so I have no problem with this issue unlike others. I have looked at the post others have put and seen there system specs and some are running higher ram than me and saying there FPS is down on less of a maps than certain big battle maps i.e CC or Mirror invasion and the new battles zone that is where I see the FPS drop.
  • Options
    medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    westmetals wrote: »
    Any particular reason why this maintenance period is longer than normal? I'm usually rushing to get my daily rep projects and such in in a tiny window between the end of maintenance and when i have to leave for work - which you have now added to the maintenance. Yes, it's only 30 minutes, but that 30 minutes is going to kick all my dailies from "morning before work" to "evening after work" for the forseeable future.... for a maintenance with NO PATCH NOTES!

Just queue them up and wait an extra day. It won't kill you.
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Any particular reason why this maintenance period is longer than normal? I'm usually rushing to get my daily rep projects and such in in a tiny window between the end of maintenance and when i have to leave for work - which you have now added to the maintenance. Yes, it's only 30 minutes, but that 30 minutes is going to kick all my dailies from "morning before work" to "evening after work" for the forseeable future.... for a maintenance with NO PATCH NOTES!

Er, you know they're 20hr CDs and not 24hr CDs...right?
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Eh, boots for Liberated Borg Romulans have been bugged since the launch of Legacy of Romulus, and there's still no incoming fix for those either.
  • Options
    caramba3caramba3 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Don't complain about that there are no patches.

Better check the patch notes for the Tribble Server first.

If the patch on the tribble Serever doesn't work than they need time to repair it.

And if something crashes the tribble server it will crashes the normal servers.

have this seen few times in the 3 years of play.
  • Options
    kajofolfkajofolf Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And don't forget the times where a perfectly working tribble release crashed on Holodeck all the time. Happened several times as well in the past.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In a Chekov voice: Stealth nerfs incoming!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2014

For a season launch or a major patch fix, I can understand that might be necessary. But we're talking about the second week in a row with no patch notes at all!

Actually it's the third iirc
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    admiralthorr360admiralthorr360 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    medtac124 wrote: »
    3 hour downtime with no patch notes?

I'm not usually one to make a fuss about changes but I am concerned when the changes aren't even disclosed.

Would really like patch notes. I mean if it's secret hush hush security stuff the least they could do is 'routine maintenance' lol.
  • Options
    rajathomasrajathomas Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Usually I'm positive about game changes, lately it does appear to be going in a mostly negative direction. New people, questionable decisions, blatant censorship on the forums, what's going on Cryptic?
    izf25xI.jpg
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rajathomas wrote: »
    Usually I'm positive about game changes, lately it does appear to be going in a mostly negative direction. New people, questionable decisions, blatant censorship on the forums, what's going on Cryptic?

Nothing new for Cryptic, everything you quoted has been here since the game first came out.

You either like it or move on, shame, buts thats how they roll... ;)
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    "Weekly maintenance with no patch notes" = development effort hasn't been focused on the Holodeck server (we know that, because they're doing so much stuff on Tribble), and it's just going in for the computational equivalent of a tune-up and de-coke. There are any number of reasons why this might be taking a bit longer than usual, none of which Cryptic has any need to make public, most of which the user base wouldn't understand or care about if they did.

It's at an inconvenient time for some people - heck, it's not an ideal time for me, I'd far rather they did it twelve hours earlier, when I'm tucked up in bed asleep. But it's always going to be at an inconvenient time for somebody - that's unavoidable.

Personally, I'm kind of relieved that the game does get regular maintenance downtime. The alternative would be for the servers to stagger on, getting steadily slower and less stable, until the whole game goes down in a massive crash. Which would be a darn sight more inconvenient than the current system.

(Yes, yes, I know we live in a world where some online systems can have 24/7/365 availability and 99.999% uptime. Think about how much that costs, and what STO's revenue is like.)
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    angarus1 wrote: »
    Eh, boots for Liberated Borg Romulans have been bugged since the launch of Legacy of Romulus, and there's still no incoming fix for those either.

Lol, yeah, and they have the same importance.. lol. Seriously.. i really dont care too much about weekly patches anymore. But if cryptic does not resolve this graphic issue, the next expansion will be a total chaos. But it looks like they dont care about anything anymore lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    shevet wrote: »

Personally, I'm kind of relieved that the game does get regular maintenance downtime. The alternative would be for the servers to stagger on, getting steadily slower and less stable, until the whole game goes down in a massive crash. Which would be a darn sight more inconvenient than the current system.

Do you realize this is a MMORPG, right?? ANY mmorpg have weekly maintenances. Some of em even 2 maintenances in a week (of course, those are to fix bugs, something cryptic never does). Cryptic is not doing anything different than any other dozens of games out there, with the exception of ignoring all the bugs of the game lol. Specially those that are game- breakers. I wonder, will someday people like you wake up?? hmm, i lost hope long time ago.
  • Options
    bignutterbignutter Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No patch notes.

I thought that you'd have a 4th of July Console for LTS..

Oh wait! We already have one!
  • Options
    theshushuxtheshushux Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sure ur talking about boots and some minor starship graphic issues..but from what i know almost 10% of the players can't even use the tailor since s8...THATS THE REAL BIG BUG..so u can whine on some romulan boots but i know players (including myself) running around with their default body/clothing from the beginning of their toon XD bcs you open the tailor and nada nothing there no modify new character wear or body or anything...
    The original shu-shu !
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Do you realize this is a MMORPG, right?? ANY mmorpg have weekly maintenances. Some of em even 2 maintenances in a week (of course, those are to fix bugs, something cryptic never does). Cryptic is not doing anything different than any other dozens of games out there, with the exception of ignoring all the bugs of the game lol. Specially those that are game- breakers. I wonder, will someday people like you wake up?? hmm, i lost hope long time ago.
    Err... you do realize that was precisely what I was saying, don't you? ... Evidently not.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    shevet wrote: »
    Err... you do realize that was precisely what I was saying, don't you? ... Evidently not.

You quoted "Personally, I'm kind of relieved that the game does get regular maintenance downtime". And i tell you again, you should not be feeling "relieved" because this is something cryptic needs to do and any company does. It is just their job. Feel "relieved" when cryptic makes bug fixing (real, not fake.. ) or improving the game. That will be another story.

But for weekly maintenances??? it is not much sense to say that about weekly maintenances. Of course, you right, if we didnt have weekly maintenances, the game will be dead by now. Thats for sure. But not fixing bugs week after week is almost the same thing, killing the game.. so.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 3 hours and I’ll post again once it is complete. Thanks ya’ll!

-LaughingTrendy
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 3 hours and I’ll post again once it is complete. Thanks ya’ll!

-LaughingTrendy

Morning, Trendy! How are things? Are the Cryptic Hamsters (tm) still alive?
  • Options
    philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Morning, Trendy! How are things? Are the Cryptic Hamsters (tm) still alive?

The ones running on the f/x generator wheels are almost dead....
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited July 2014

-LaughingTrendy

np. Interrupted 'Colisseum', but at least I reached the space part and will be easy to finish soon maintenance is finished. ... And here I am talking about missing content when you hardly have time to mingle in game and enjoy some of the content you keep going... but then again you probably work with it all day and by the end you're sick to death of seeing all those same pixels over and over. who knows. all the best anyways. :)
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The ones running on the f/x generator wheels are almost dead....

XD

You should see the ones running the random PUG AIs...those are atrocious. Sometimes they don't even shoot the Borg! They just sit around doing nothing, like they're actually players trying to leech or something...

;)
This discussion has been closed.