test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

400 Day Vet Privilege, Captains Table? whats so special abt it?

Comments

• Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i really ignored the captains table when i wanted to get my the 400 day vet reward (had 350 or so)...i just wanted the captains yacht.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Beam Me up Scotty!, theres no intelligent life down here!.............

There never was...
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    with other words... lifers and veterans get the TRIBBLE that previously nobody wanted and nowadays nobody needs

like i said... if they would have useful stuff as reward for the people which actually "finance" this game certainly more people would have the motivation to pay for this game (which probably also could be useful to create better content for STO in the long term)
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Its just a perk if there was any usefullness in there it is sure gone now. There doesnt seem any usefullness to getting the monthly subscription as what I would play on a monthly subscription I could get more zen. However since I have stopped funding this game until they start releasing worthwhile content the point is moot
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I wish the Captain's Table was useful. I would also not mind if anyone could access it, to be honest. Maybe that would actually create a reason for adding useful stuff to the Captain's Table.

It's exclusivity hinders it probably more than it helps, because if Cryptic has to consider how to spend their resources, they always have to ensure that it will positively affect many players, and the exclusivity ensures that it's only relevant to a small number of players.

Imagine anyone could enter it for a fee (in EC or Latinum?), but Veterans get it for free. Then they could perhaps add something useful to it. Maybe a Diplomacy Mission, a few speciality vendors (Transwarp Tokens? Team Batteries?), special DOFF missions.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    a3001 wrote: »
    There never is...

fixed it for ya :P.

thinking of ideas for the captains table, i cant think of anything significant, theres little room for improvement on it and the devs dont seem to care about it since they put it out there.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    fixed it for ya :P.

thinking of ideas for the captains table, i cant think of anything significant, theres little room for improvement on it and the devs dont seem to care about it since they put it out there.

Well, to be fair, don't you think they have more important things to be working on? :)
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's a nice looking environment, but there's nothing special about it otherwise. A quiet place to use the exchange, I guess.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Look if you guys all hate the Captain's Table that much, then give it to me. It suits my needs perfectly, and I'll be happy to let the devs block all of your access to it.

Hahaha... I happen to like the Captain's Table myself, although I'd like to see it be more useful.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, originally, it was intended as a place where Lifer and later Veteran subscribers could go. At the time it was introduced (given where the game was, overall) it seemed like a good idea but never really caught on. It could still catch on but, for now, the fact that it hasn't is it's only REAL attraction. If you're the sort that likes everything compact and concise... handy and you don't like having to beam in somewhere where there are so many other players that the screen is lagged like crazy then it's a neat little place to do most of your business. I use it instead of ESD or Q'onoS for most things. It's a bit of a pain logging in to but not as much as the pain of excessive lag time and failure to load screens I often get in ESD or Q'onoS. :D
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think it will get a Bit of publicity when the new Club 47 is finished including the new door to the Captain's Table.
    For a little while anyway.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    timelord79 wrote: »
    I think it will get a Bit of publicity when the new Club 47 is finished including the new door to the Captain's Table.
    For a little while anyway.

Where did this come from?
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Tacofangs has made some mention of it... that's where.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    With the new crafting system on the way Cryptic has an opportunity to make the Captain's Table relevant again. They could give all crafting done there a +X% change at rarer items. Not too big a chance, maybe 5%, but it would be enough to breathe the first breath of life in the place.

If Cryptic was even smarter they would add little bonuses for any tasks done there. Nothing outrageous, but enough to make a difference. It may even be the final persuading item that convinces people to spend the big coin on a lifer subscription. Which is profit for them.

If they were smart.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Tacofangs mentioned it in a few of the threads about the new ESD before Season 9 launched.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    This is the plan. When we add the club, we're planning to add a door there that leads to the Captain's Table.
    Re: Captain's Table, I've said this before, but I'll reiterate since it seems to confuse people. We are NOT moving the whole captain's table TO ESD. We would just be moving the door TO the Captain's table to ESD, rather than the nebula out in space. The Captain's Table map would remain unchanged.
    IMO, moving the Captain's Table door to the club accomplishes two things.

1) Matches up better to Canon, which states that the entrance is just a normal door.
    2) Removes the eyesore nebula from the system map.

If you're in sector space, would it now be more clicks to get to the Captain's Table? Yes.
    If you're already on ESD doing your thing, is it now fewer clicks to get to the Captain's Table? Yes.

Yes, ideally, it would be a door on your ships, but that is not a task I can accomplish on my own, let alone with the relative ease of hooking up a single door in ESD. Every ship interior is different, and many are just Bridges. It would take a lot of work to hook up all of those maps with separate doors to the CT.

I think a far more reasonable task would be to add Captain's Table doors to most/all major social hubs. Qo'noS, The Flotilla, Risa, DS9, etc. Each could have their own door to the CT. However, I think it would be a hard sell to the design team to allow the CT to be a quick travel hub between those locations. More realistically, the door to leave would just take you back from where you entered.
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think the biggest problem with the captains table is the fact that to get to it you need to first go somewhere that already has everything available there. If it was somewhere like gamma orianis or the orellious block it would probably see a lot more traffic.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Also, it does bother me that it seems to become common attitude that the veteran rewards are also only LTS'ers.
    That is because in order to get those rewards, you would have to pay such a ludicrous amount of money that you may as well just have gotten LTS to begin with, and wait so ludicrously long that the game will be over by the time you get there.

So for all practical purposes, they are LTS rewards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Tacofangs has made some mention of it... that's where.
    starkaos wrote: »
    Tacofangs mentioned it in a few of the threads about the new ESD before Season 9 launched.

Well, that's cool. So I guess that means that we'd transition from one ground map (ESD) to another ground map (CT) without seeing the CT space map. Makes for fewer map transitions sure, but I really like that space map. So I guess it'll be going away. :(
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    wait so ludicrously long that the game MIGHT be over by the time you get there.

Fixed it for you. However, you are right that if you are going for the veteran rewards, it is cheaper to get the LTS.
  • Options
    astimingpyleastimingpyle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    400 Day Vet Privilege, Captains Table map? whats so special abt it? Theres nothing at all here, .... only mk 1 equip from wholesaler and same services u can get at ESD or Flt SB etc? How is this any kinda special vet reward or benefit? just for a social area of no real importance? WTF? This is so TRIBBLE! idk lol what am I missing?

Not one damn thing.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Kids these days. So impatient they think 2 years and nine months is a ludicrously long time. :rolleyes:

Why back in the day when I was playing City of Heroes a player had to wait 87 months (7 years and 3 months) to get ALL the vet rewards at a cost of $1,305 bucks.

We didn't have no LTS's. To make matters worse if we wanted to play the game we had to wake up a half an hour before we went to bed the day before, then walk 5 miles, uphill, in the snow. And we were happy to do it cuz it was such a great game. Best game Cryptic ever made.

Now get off my lawn before I call the cops! :mad:

Not going to ask us what we did with your grandchildren? ;)
  • Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Easy ways to breathe life into the Captains Table.

1. Trainer for Character Bound BoFFs (Lib Borgs, JH, Voth, Flores, Bree, Reman, Android, etc)
    2. Vendor with ALL non-fleet in game consumables on it or add a reusable battery/consumable vendor
    3. DoFF Officer that offers reduced cost DoFFs reduced cost exchange.
    4. Like the above poster said, increased rates on crafting; it's own R&D area.
    5. A Vendor where you can exchange mission reward items forhigher quality/level (eg. Trade Dominion Polaron weapons in for purple and mk XII, Cryptic can even attach a Lobi, Zen, Dil cost to it too.
    6. A BoFF Vendor where you can trade in your Diplomacy Boffs for another, or be able to attain more than one without buying/trading for it. Or once you receive additional DXP after you've reach T4 you can purchase another with DXP/Zen?Dil/Lobi.
    7. Add a Vendor where you can trade Character Bound BoFFs in for different career versions of them. EG The CE Lib Borg can be swapped from Eng to Science.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Another thought to boost traffic here and address a common gripe I see for gold/lts players.
    The dilithium refining cap. Give a +1k-2k boost per day refining. But only in the captains table.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Kids these days. So impatient they think 2 years and nine months is a ludicrously long time. :rolleyes:

Why back in the day when I was playing City of Heroes a player had to wait 87 months (7 years and 3 months) to get ALL the vet rewards at a cost of $1,305 bucks.

We didn't have no LTS's. To make matters worse if we wanted to play the game we had to wake up a half an hour before we went to bed the day before, then walk 5 miles, uphill, in the snow. And we were happy to do it cuz it was such a great game. Best game Cryptic ever made.

Now get off my lawn before I call the cops! :mad:

Wait, You were one of those special ones that just had to walk up hill in snow?
    The rest of us had to do that in july on broken glass too!

Ungrateful whippersnappers. . :P

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    lowy1 wrote: »
    Easy ways to breathe life into the Captains Table.

1. Trainer for Character Bound BoFFs (Lib Borgs, JH, Voth, Flores, Bree, Reman, Android, etc)
    2. Vendor with ALL non-fleet in game consumables on it or add a reusable battery/consumable vendor
    3. DoFF Officer that offers reduced cost DoFFs reduced cost exchange.
    4. Like the above poster said, increased rates on crafting; it's own R&D area.
    5. A Vendor where you can exchange mission reward items forhigher quality/level (eg. Trade Dominion Polaron weapons in for purple and mk XII, Cryptic can even attach a Lobi, Zen, Dil cost to it too.
    6. A BoFF Vendor where you can trade in your Diplomacy Boffs for another, or be able to attain more than one without buying/trading for it. Or once you receive additional DXP after you've reach T4 you can purchase another with DXP/Zen?Dil/Lobi.
    7. Add a Vendor where you can trade Character Bound BoFFs in for different career versions of them. EG The CE Lib Borg can be swapped from Eng to Science.

Every single one of these ideas is absolutely fantastic. Cryptic? Are you taking notes? If not, YOU SHOULD!!
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I haven't been to the CT in years. Went in, realized there was nothing to do there. Never wasted my time to get back.

In addition any of the fine suggestions in this thread, something I always wished was there would be a "High Roller's Dabo Table" - Same Dabo game as all the others, only accepting greater-than 100EC bets. Make it possible to place 1-10k bets. That would be pretty cool.

I also can't wait for Taco's updates to go through. I've never been a fan of those stoopid Nebula.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    400 Day Vet Privilege, Captains Table map? whats so special abt it?

Not enough.

I love the map, the space one is my favourite go to for shots of a new ship.

It is usually quiet, so one can get the basic banking etc done.

But there really should be something more special about it.

And a transwarp to it would be a bonus too.
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited July 2014
    I am not a LTS o Subscribing Member, but I've been to the CT, and I can say that cryptic's goal of having CT was for LTS/Subs members to have a different social zone, apart from Qo'nos or ESD... But having nothing to do there, pretty much killed it... And as you can see many of the actual LTS/Subs Members hate it... for the very reason that... walla... there is nothing to do...

You can count on the following I say, If I ever get an LTS... The Only reason I would probably go to CT, would be just to take screenshots, (as I am a big fan of taking Screeshots) and that's pretty much it...

No big reason to be there...

If I am correct, I think TacoFangs has mentioned doing a revamp of CT, but having anything there special for it, is just pretty much pointless, give something unique, like new Space/Ground weaponry special for Vets, Special Outfits, Free Commodities, another ship... Free Repecs, Free DOff Slots, Free BOff training... and I guarantee you, MANY MANY LTS would use it, and you would GET MANY MANY MANY more LTSs

Beam me up scotty!!! This place is dead...
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited July 2014
    I am not a LTS o Subscribing Member, but I've been to the CT, and I can say that cryptic's goal of having CT was for LTS/Subs members to have a different social zone, apart from Qo'nos or ESD... But having nothing to do there, pretty much killed it... And as you can see many of the actual LTS/Subs Members hate it... for the very reason that... walla... there is nothing to do...

You can count on the following I say, If I ever get an LTS... The Only reason I would probably go to CT, would be just to take screenshots, (as I am a big fan of taking Screeshots) and that's pretty much it...

No big reason to be there...

If I am correct, I think TacoFangs has mentioned doing a revamp of CT, but having anything there special for it, is just pretty much pointless, give something unique, like new Space/Ground weaponry special for Vets, Special Outfits, Free Commodities, another ship... Free Repecs, Free DOff Slots, Free BOff training... and I guarantee you, MANY MANY LTS would use it, and you would GET MANY MANY MANY more LTSs

Beam me up scotty!!! This place is dead...

And Even Better Idea... Include exclusive content for LTS who visit CT... Make it "An alternate Universe" only available to LTS... Trust... do this.. and you'll get many LTSs... who wouldn't mind spending some time leveling a toon where FED is at the near point of destruction... Make it an alternate to the daily stuff we have to do.., but it doesn't have to be a 1 time season update, make it to where you put X amount of time of X2, Season 10, 11, and so on... dedicated to the alternate universe... update slowly, while keeping you main focus on the rest of the players...

Do you agree with me here LTSs???