What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Voquv only STF youtube video

spectre211286spectre211286 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Klingon Discussion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykAPQp5NADI&feature=youtu.be

5 Voquvs
20 Bird of preys (i counted 4 Qaw'Duns, 8 Mirror Qaw'Duns, 4 B'rotlhs, and 4 mirror B'rotlhs)

hope you enjoy
Post edited by spectre211286 on

Comments

• Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Cool.

Now I have to get a Vo'Quv...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I created a public channel called Voquvs United to assist me in the formation of these matches.

CSE can be a bit more difficult than with a standard premade team as the voquv is a bit slow to be a proper Kang guard. so we usually go with a 3-1-1 Formation and then laugh at the assimilated voquv at the end.
  • Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nice to see you got the video up! Cool!

I've pugged CSE with a Mirror Vo 'Quv before and had to guard when the other 4 players took off the the right in CSE. It was trial by fire time on whether something that slow can babysit the kang.

With slow turning ships, you have to blow up the first group of BOPs in a hurry, and then use some sort of hold, like a gravity well, to detain the second group before they get too close to the Kang.

Positioning is key. Use full impulse heading toward the pair of BOPs coming from the left cube, ending the full impulse early to allow the carrier to slide the rest of the way to be just within firing range of the first group just before it would come to a stop, but keep it moving at 1/4 speed at a minimum since you need to turn to the second group soon. Your end position/ area where you attack the first group at should be close to the middle, but shift over some to the left and slightly closer to the Kang, of an imaginary triangle between the 2 BOP groups and the Kang. This reduces the space you have to cover to get to the second group, which means you can get to them quicker and increase your chances of success in keeping the Kang safe enough until the first cube is blown and your 4 teammates head to the middle cube area.
    Of course, you have to have enough DPS to blow the pair of BOPs up in a hurry in each group or that's not going to work either.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Vo'Quv has been holding it down for the KDF since STO released. Nice vid, OP.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Awesome! I'd like to see one with fighters, say swarmers or to'duj or scorpions or something!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Awesome! I'd like to see one with fighters, say swarmers or to'duj or scorpions or something!

we have talked about it some and i believe elite scorpions would be our choice of fighters but one of the reasons i liked the BOP hanger pets is that they are large enough on their own to be visible fighters generally are not big enough.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    when did 311 stop being the normal way?

everytime I run CSE with a PublicEliteSTF team we always do a 4-1.

the one guards the left and middle cubes and the other 4 go RML.

after the right cube blows the kang guard can move to the left cube and stay there well the other 4 clean up the raptors from the middle cube.

after they blow up the middle cube everyone piles on the left cube and rendezvous back on the kang to get the assimilated carrier at the end.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    As always, love it spectre :D. Borgo's just don't know what to do when a giant BOP ball eats them alive MUAHAHHAhA :p
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    everytime I run CSE with a PublicEliteSTF team we always do a 4-1.

the one guards the left and middle cubes and the other 4 go RML.

after the right cube blows the kang guard can move to the left cube and stay there well the other 4 clean up the raptors from the middle cube.

after they blow up the middle cube everyone piles on the left cube and rendezvous back on the kang to get the assimilated carrier at the end.

Yeah, this has been the norm for a long time now. Hell, we're at a point where a Scimitar can guard Kang AND take out Left or Middle while the other 4 start on the Right.

Power Creep, it's a *****.

Anyways, 4-1 "RML" has been the sort of agreed upon standard for CSE when rounding up people at PubliceliteSTF also. I'm sure 3-1-1 is quite safe, but a lot of people can ably guard Left & Middle alone while the other 4 quickly mow down starting from Right.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I thought power creep had made any such patterns unnecessary, and the usual way we do it now is simply to run amok undirectedly, flying in any direction we choose and mowing down everything in sight. CSE has always actually been the fastest and easiest of the STFs, it just happens to contain a condition for spectacular failure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76nyTJrgVwI&feature=youtu.be

this is us in CSE all bops this round are Qaw'duns or mirror Qaw'duns

enjoy
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I thought power creep had made any such patterns unnecessary, and the usual way we do it now is simply to run amok undirectedly, flying in any direction we choose and mowing down everything in sight. CSE has always actually been the fastest and easiest of the STFs, it just happens to contain a condition for spectacular failure.

I've seen behavior like that in a CSE. Usually for a straight up PUG from the Queues. It usually ends very badly :D
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nice vids OP, I enjoyed seeing a fleet of BoPs rain havoc down upon the unrighteous borg filth
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    we have talked about it some and i believe elite scorpions would be our choice of fighters but one of the reasons i liked the BOP hanger pets is that they are large enough on their own to be visible fighters generally are not big enough.

Makes sense, I just think seeing a cloud of 48 sets plasma bolts or a cloud of red beams zapping away around a target will be hilarious to see!
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wow! Impressive indeed! Goes to show the Vo'Quv can handle it's own in any match. Your weapons payload is much different than mine but in all both sets do get the job done.. Thanks for two videos very well done and great to watch! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Makes sense, I just think seeing a cloud of 48 sets plasma bolts or a cloud of red beams zapping away around a target will be hilarious to see!

5 Carriers with all fighter hangers would equal 60 fighters
    5 carriers with all runabout hangers would equal 40 runabouts (fed only i think)
    5 Carriers with all frigate hangers would equal 20 frigates. (mostly KDF :P )

I dont have romulan rep on my Mini-Trex toon so i wouldnt be able to bring my voquv to a scorpion fight but i could bring a fed JHDC toon that has elite scorpion hangers.

also i would love to see 5 Recluses with all Elite meshweaver hangers. just think of all that Apbeta spamming.
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Great videos. I love these kinds of groups.

I've been wanting to do a 5-man Torpedo B'rel ISE for a while. I was writing a post for it, with some suggestions, but I abandoned it because it became a tl;dr. And I had been drinking, so it was probably mostly gibberish anyway.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Devotion Paladin
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    we spent some time in kerrat with our fleet of voquvs and had the feds crying because apparently Teamwork is a wrong in an MMORPG.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    we spent some time in kerrat with our fleet of voquvs and had the feds crying because apparently Teamwork is a wrong in an MMORPG.

Yup. They had to call in 3 romulan battle cruisers, 1 wells class, a fed cruiser, and a few others just to kill us. Pretty funny since we had pve builds and quite a few of them were fully specced out pvp builds.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfONrAsA_H8&feature=youtu.be

we didnt manage to get the uniformity of earlier videos but we have 5 carriers each using fighter hangers.

1 JHDC
    1 Karfi
    1 Obelisk
    1 Atrox
    1 Voquv
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    Yup. They had to call in 3 romulan battle cruisers, 1 wells class, a fed cruiser, and a few others just to kill us. Pretty funny since we had pve builds and quite a few of them were fully specced out pvp builds.

Heh, between 5 Vo'Quvs, that's a lot of Science abilities there and enough ENG capabiity between all ships to make it tough :cool:
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Heh, between 5 Vo'Quvs, that's a lot of Science abilities there and enough ENG capabiity between all ships to make it tough :cool:

pretty sure all Voquvs Carry GW3 as standard equipment even the Mirror voquvs and atleast half of us had mirror voquvs. BOP hangers arent really very effective in Kerrat since generally feds try and do Hit and run raids on us. Need Orion Interceptors for their Tractor beams.
  • Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    pretty sure all Voquvs Carry GW3 as standard equipment even the Mirror voquvs and atleast half of us had mirror voquvs.

Lankusci is running tykens instead of grav well right now. So, 4 of 5 had grav wells?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    5 Carriers with all fighter hangers would equal 60 fighters
    5 carriers with all runabout hangers would equal 40 runabouts (fed only i think)
    5 Carriers with all frigate hangers would equal 20 frigates. (mostly KDF :P )

I dont have romulan rep on my Mini-Trex toon so i wouldnt be able to bring my voquv to a scorpion fight but i could bring a fed JHDC toon that has elite scorpion hangers.

also i would love to see 5 Recluses with all Elite meshweaver hangers. just think of all that Apbeta spamming.

Ah you're right 60, forgot a carrier. I like the fighter vid btw, seeing so many little shots flying around the cube at the end xD love it !
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Ah you're right 60, forgot a carrier. I like the fighter vid btw, seeing so many little shots flying around the cube at the end xD love it !

sorry it wasnt as uniform as my previous videos but kinda put it together on the fly and thats what people had available.
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That....*sniff* that was a thing of beauty! BLOOD WINE'S ON MY TONIGHT!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    That....*sniff* that was a thing of beauty! BLOOD WINE'S ON MY TONIGHT!

feel free to join us on the Voquv Chat channel Called Voquvs United.

Im open to doing other theme runs as well, I think I tried an all bortasqu run once but that was before I had the recording software.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I was part of a 5-Recluse run once :D

20 Mesh Weavers. Fun Fun
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I was part of a 5-Recluse run once :D

20 Mesh Weavers. Fun Fun

is there a limit to how much Apbeta debuffing you can put on a single target? 20 stacks of Apbeta 3 would be alot of debuffing