test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I took a break from sto...

marcel314marcel314 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
I felt exhausted after grinding the last few seasons and decided to take a break.
Now i feel me better and when i decided to look at the forums if anything interesting happened, i see everywhere riots,that the devs are the anti christ and want our money...

Can somebody sum up what happened between 1 month after the launch of season 9 and now?
Post edited by marcel314 on

Comments

• induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    marcel314 wrote: »
    I felt exhausted after grinding the last few seasons and decided to take a break.
    Now i feel me better and when i decided to look at the forums if anything interesting happened, i see everywhere riots,that the devs are the anti christ and want our money...

Can somebody sum up what happened between 1 month after the launch of season 9 and now?

Undine lockbox, Bikinis, Crafting revamp, Beef with the Galaxy...

Seems the players spend more time complaining on the forums then they do playing the game.
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Undine lockbox, Bikinis, Crafting revamp, Beef with the Galaxy...

Seems the players spend more time complaining on the forums then they do playing the game.

No. I just think everybody has a limit, thats all. And patience is not neverending.. Things were bad before season 9, but after season 9.. everything is a mess. But dont worry, i only see 2 or 3 people in the forums complaining thats all. The thing is, when nobody complains and suddenly 1 or 2 appear, it looks like everybody is complaining because in these forums you can only say positive thigns.. so people are not used to see negative comments lol.
  • nesomumi2nesomumi2 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited June 2014

everything is fine, even better, some things are easier, and some are a little well not hard, just you need more time do some things then before, so people don't like it. but in general, if you are rested, and wont to play,there are new things to do, and it will be fun.

no doom, not even close.
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Complaing does not cost money or Dilithium........yet :D
    edited June 2014
    No. I just think everybody has a limit, thats all. And patience is not neverending.. Things were bad before season 9, but after season 9.. everything is a mess. But dont worry, i only see 2 or 3 people in the forums complaining thats all. The thing is, when nobody complains and suddenly 1 or 2 appear, it looks like everybody is complaining because in these forums you can only say positive thigns.. so people are not used to see negative comments lol.
    My patience with whining players also has a limit, playable Undine ships is wrong but wearing bikinis in a military job is fine?
    To be honest I'm fine with the game, I have problems with it like any other player, difference being I don't scream to Cryptic to fix them.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ... it looks like everybody is complaining because in these forums you can only say positive things.. so people are not used to see negative comments

You must be logged into the STO Forums in the JJ-verse. Or, you're kidding. :D

OP, S9 can be summed up thusly: New Lock Box and new grind for new shinys which will only be used for about a month or two.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • stardate336914stardate336914 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Say what you will but the reputation/trait change was nice.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i took 3 mths off from this game been back a mth to find nothings changed much, still releasing buged content still adding more grind content see tribble patch notes. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1147591 n all so adding more ways to drain ur dilith not good for small fleets as its in sort supply with rep stuff fleet equipment n upgrades to base needing it.

so if u got sick of the grind u will again soon as i am feeling sick of it again already :(
    ive found that 95% of my find list is inactive now n the ones that do play dont play as long as there did because its starting to feel like a 2nd job to them n i know wot there mean.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My patience with whining players also has a limit, playable Undine ships is wrong but wearing bikinis in a military job is fine?
    To be honest I'm fine with the game, I have problems with it like any other player, difference being I don't scream to Cryptic to fix them.

Sure it's fine, long as it's on vacation. Cryptic has dropped the ball in some places, in others they have shined. They are human afterall and make mistakes. From our point of view. From their point of view they could be doing fine.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Since S9 launch:

ZOMG!!!1 playable Undine ship are soooo totally wrong!!!!!

ZOMG!!!1 new rep trait revamp will kill the game / new trait rep revamp will save the game.

ZOMG!1!!1 new swimwear for summer event...WAT! WHY CANT I WEAR MY BIKINI IN ESD!!!!!

ZOMG!!1!!1 the Galaxy thread imploded!

And that's basically it so far! All happy players round here as you can clearly see.
    SulMatuul.png
    edited June 2014
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Since S9 launch:

ZOMG!!!1 playable Undine ship are soooo totally wrong!!!!!

ZOMG!!!1 new rep trait revamp will kill the game / new trait rep revamp will save the game.

ZOMG!1!!1 new swimwear for summer event...WAT! WHY CANT I WEAR MY BIKINI IN ESD!!!!!

ZOMG!!1!!1 the Galaxy thread imploded!

And that's basically it so far! All happy players round here as you can clearly see.
    Don't forget the crafting revamp.

I swear every time I go on these forums my Blood pressure goes through the roof.
    They always have something to complain about including magic bugs that I have for some reason never encountered.
  • mspfuelermspfueler Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Well let's see....I changed my Tor'Khat from a cannon boat to a beam boat. My KDF Rom picked up a sweet little Ar'Kif. Oh, and there's just something wrong on a lot of different levels when you see a Gorn in a bathing suit on Risa.

Other than that, it's the same old, same old. Carry on.

Doooooom! The end is nigh! The game is finished! ;) Ok that hasn't really changed.
    Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

• talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I swear every time I go on these forums my Blood pressure goes through the roof.
    They always have something to complain about including magic bugs that I have for some reason never encountered.

Simple solution, don't go on the forums! :cool:

But beyond the rage, there are legitimate gripes. Just saying.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Some people just want better quality for their game than you do.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited June 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »

+1

Star Trek deserves better than this.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Actually mine is that if Undine ships are fine then why are bikinis game breakers?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
    edited June 2014
    You must be logged into the STO Forums in the JJ-verse. Or, you're kidding. :D

Nah, its a pure fact.

When someone see a negative comment or a complain because the game is going to trash, 4 or 5 jumps saying that if you dont like the game, play anything else. For example. Or that you dont have any idea, etc. Happens all the time. Its like if negative comments are banned or something lol.
    edited June 2014
    feiqa wrote: »
    Actually mine is that if Undine ships are fine then why are bikinis game breakers?

Exactly. Some people hates undine ships (i am included) and some people dont. The thing about bikinis is.. its not logical to wear em outside Risa, right?? but in the same Risa map.. how can be right a Gorn wearing a sort if probably gorns are not even aware of what that even means lol?? so, why an undine ship will be right to be able to pilot by a player?? i completely understand. But this game lost its logic ages ago.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Hmmmm.....let's see.....grind, grind, nerf, grind, nerf, nerf, grind, nerf.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Feature episode, undine are loose.
    Revamped borg and undine missions, additional character of eric cooper.
    rebecca simmons fate and previous life is revealed.
    galaxyfail upgrades (what an oxymoron :rolleyes:).
    end of federation klingon war.
    ker'rat is now a question.
    iconians show themselves.
    grinding has increased into the game design at an alarming rate.
    esd revamp.

... list goes on. there is still 9.5 and expansion 2 later in the year.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nah, its a pure fact.

When someone see a negative comment or a complain because the game is going to trash, 4 or 5 jumps saying that if you dont like the game, play anything else. For example. Or that you dont have any idea, etc. Happens all the time. Its like if negative comments are banned or something lol.

Negative comments are not banned.... abusive insulting comments are banned. When some people learn how to make negative commends without insulting and abuse of devs/Cryptic/PWE then it's less likely their thread will end up locked or removed.

Frankly the way some of the so-called "complaint" threads pan out here, had they been doing it with non-online businesses, they would likely find themselves fired as customers and banned from establishments. Some people just get more brave, rash, and foolish when they believe they are behind a shroud of anonymity online, and it just does not work that way.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    Complaing does not cost money or Dilithium........yet :D

you win forum post of the day !!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    playable Undine ships is wrong but wearing bikinis in a military job is fine?.
    This <
    P58WJe7.jpg

edited June 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    Simple solution, don't go on the forums! :cool:

But beyond the rage, there are legitimate gripes. Just saying.

this^^^^^^ dont like what you see play the game more and dont come to the forums !!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited June 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    +1

Star Trek deserves better than this.

ya what they both said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead