test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

my condolences to the 26th fleet

imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
no, this is not a doom thread, i already looked over their forum and know that they do indeed have plans for the future ahead:D

however, as someone who use the OSB project quite often i just wanted to say that i am sorry for what happened.
i truly did enjoy RPing with you guys even though i may not be coming back for quite awhile.
seems most of the folks i became freinds with in the 26th is part of the people who left, and frankly i don't know if it'll feel right to *dock* knowing that none of my friends are there :(
anyways, best of luck to all of you guys in the future :)

this has been a messege by @imadude3, though all of you folks at 26th probably know me better as "vice admiral Nissen of the A.E.D. Executor" :cool:
Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
Post edited by imadude3 on

Comments

• Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The players who left did they created a new fleet?
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    The players who left did they created a new fleet?

yes but i don't know the name of it
    Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
  • Options
    purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The 26th Fleet? What happened. :(
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The 26th Fleet? What happened. :(

What I gathered there was a big split and a lot of the senior officers left and created a new fleet, other than that I don't know.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    What I gathered there was a big split and a lot of the senior officers left and created a new fleet, other than that I don't know.

Shameful. :(

E: Upon digging further, it sounds like this was a matter of a handful of disgruntled members spreading rumors, and then poaching the community for a new fleet. That sorta drama is just silly and uncalled for. Really is shameful.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The 26th is a good fleet with great members. They'll pull through and rebuild in no time at all.
  • Options
    llywarchllywarch Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Things happen. The doors to the 26th will remain open to anyone who wishes to visit. Might take us some time to recover but recover we will just as we have done in the past. Best of luck to everyone. Anyone needs anything I am always free to talk @Juroden.

Danke.
  • Options
    warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, Purple. I'll admit, we're hurt, but we're far from dead. When guilds get as large as the 26th there always ends up becoming cliques and friction of some form or another. I have no doubt my former fleet mates will find success with their endeavors.

That said, the 26th is here to stay. We're receiving a lot of support from visitors from the OSB, and we still have plans for the RP Community at large.
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Fleet drama...only a matter of time before it bled into the forums.

In other news, I was at this night club the other night and this guy at the bar.....*fade out*

:rolleyes:
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I just hope the fleet rebuilds an move forward and those who left my best wishes to them and I hope they can succed in their endevours
  • Options
    deathwatch22deathwatch22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    imadude3 wrote: »
    yes but i don't know the name of it
    Does anyone know the name of the fleet or the senior officers that left. I was just wondering.:confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,886 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    And people wonder why some players want nothing to do with fleets.

This stinks of high school drama (not the class)
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I believe they are called Zenas Expeditionary Force and their leader is Dauntless.

Here is their website: http://zeforce.enjin.com/?set-browser-type=web
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Its sad to see a fleet go. But over time Fleets come and go. I remember playing WoW and I was in several really good guilds. Over time even they disbanded and the rest was forced to create a new one or join others.

As Q said: "But then again, all good things must come to an end."
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    peregryperegry Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Let's be clear about something.

The 26th Fleet and the OSB project are not defunct. There was a group of members who split off and formed their own fleet, as is their prerogative when things did not work out for them in the 26th like they desired. The 26th is still highly active, still growing, and still around.
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Rip 26th, you'll always be in our thoughts and prayers..to infinity and beyond.

Seriously? You post this in reply to a post which points out that the 26th is not defunct?

While we will not take sides in this split (since we were not privy to the affair and have no first-hand knowledge of any of it apart from report), the Tal'Diann will continue to stand with the 26th Fleet in promoting the OSB Project, from the KDF side.
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    RIP RP Fleet the 26th. Long before, I launched a dicso ball on on of your members during RPing, and he surely didn't like it at all.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Fleet Drama is never any fun, but it does seem to come with the territory of having a very large and active fleet with many diverse members.

It goes double for RP fleets/guilds/clans in various games, when you have people who want drama IC -- you end up getting fabricated drama OOC as well. Just the nature of the beast, I suppose.

I'm sure the 26th will recover, and I have always supported the OSB as a way to provide more fun to the game. I have friends in both the 26th fleet and the Zenas Expeditionary Group, and give them both my best.

I don't know the whole story (nor do I particularly care), but I do know that Fleet Drama is an eventuality in times like this -- what matters is how the leadership is prepared to deal with it. If the 26th fleet is still alive and kicking, then apparently their leadership is doing something right, even if they are hurting.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Shameful. :(

E: Upon digging further, it sounds like this was a matter of a handful of disgruntled members spreading rumors, and then poaching the community for a new fleet. That sorta drama is just silly and uncalled for. Really is shameful.

standard power trip? a member is not happy being limited to one position and cant find advancement or recognition, so creates a problem in the hopes no one figures it out and becomes the new face of another fleet. oh another rumor :D, but it must be true since the 26th was broken up with such tactics..
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    zachariyazachariya Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    And people wonder why some players want nothing to do with fleets.

This stinks of high school drama (not the class)

I would just like to take a moment to remind everybody that not every fleet is full of drama, you just have to find a relaxed one
    Shoot through the Galaxy, Final Master Spark!
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    zachariya wrote: »
    I would just like to take a moment to remind everybody that not every fleet is full of drama, you just have to find a relaxed one

nothing is ever 100%. there is always the chance that haven you look for has a person in it ready to destroy the fleet for some reason. cynical or not these things can happen and do happen.. even the ones you dont expect it.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    nothing is ever 100%. there is always the chance that haven you look for has a person in it ready to destroy the fleet for some reason. cynical or not these things can happen and do happen.. even the ones you dont expect it.

I run a relaxed fleet that has a strict 'No Drama' policy. Our fleet has roleplayers in it, but it should be considered distinct from a dedicated roleplaying fleet -- since we have non-roleplayers as well.

I buy into Cryptic's intentions of having fleets run by a 'benevolent dictator', but you are 100% correct that nothing is ever certain. People are inherently untrustworthy and treacherous and go to great lengths to make life just a little more miserable for other people.

Egos and superiority complexes run high in various fleets/guilds/clans. The desire for control over other people -- and the peoples' desire to not have control over them. It's a life-long problem that is not isolated to video games alone.

I can only speak for myself when I say I have no real ego in terms of my fleet. If people want to challenge me, I welcome it. I always keep an open mind -- and I encourage other fleet leaders to do the same. I welcome people to challenge my decisions and play devil's advocate without any sort of reprisal. I always welcome people in my fleet to challenge my thoughts.

That being said, if I seem like I power-trip, it's generally because I'm willing to do what needs to be done for the benefit of my fleet's people -- not me specifically.

If people in my fleet ever see me as arrogant or egotistical, it's because I've yet to be adequately challenged. I didn't ask for my position, my fleet's boss thrust that position on my shoulders since I was the only person around who could do it.

But not all fleets are like that. Sometimes leaders just aren't cut out to be leaders. Sometimes they want to be leaders for the power trip because their own station in life does not allow them to be leaders. Sometimes they just want control over other people, even though they do not know the width and breadth of what that control consists of.

Hint: Being a good leader is not always about when ordering people to do something, because being a good leader is knowing when not to rock the boat. Very few people like a busybody.

The 26th fleet is still functional, from what I've read -- so this tells me their leadership is actually doing something right if they're still active. Schisms are just part of the internet video game relationship.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is a veiled naming and shaming thread disguised as an homage to a fleet. Really cute one OP. Mods, please lock this thread down as it's obvious this thread was designed to bait the people in the fleet the deserters disagree with into coming on here and then shaming then.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    Mods, please lock this thread down as it's obvious this thread was designed to bait the people in the fleet the deserters disagree with into coming on here and then shaming then.

You need to PM one, not just post here.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    You need to PM one, not just post here.

I will later today. I was posting that so people would stop taking the bait.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
This discussion has been closed.