test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Volanis and the Klingon Empire

flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
I've achieved Tier #4 with Marauding, and can enter the Sirius Sector, however regardless of what route I take to get there, I cannot enter Delta Volanis. Considering (when Tier #4 Diplomacy is reached) Federation players can enter the four Klingon Star Clusters, I thought (naturally) that Klingons would be able to enter the Federation Star Cluster.

Is this something unique to my KDF character? Is it a bug of some sort? Is it working as intended? Are we not suppose to be able to access it under the red flag?

What's going on?

Note: I know it's of no huge significance, was just going to complete the star cluster assignment.
attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
Post edited by flash525 on

Comments

• adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If I'm not mistaken, this is a longstanding known bug. God knows what's holding it up from getting fixed, aside from likely being a low-priority item on the devs' list.
  • ericshatnerericshatner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It is a bug, it used to work, and it is important as KDF lose access to Kaboh, a very good doff for the colonial doff assignments.

It's been like this for months though. I hope they fix it soon.
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It is a bug, it used to work, and it is important as KDF lose access to Kaboh, a very good doff for the colonial doff assignments.

It's been like this for months though. I hope they fix it soon.

months?? lol, i will say a year already (or even more).
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I know we have a formal cease fire and all... But there are things in there that are "Need to know"... And Klingons don't need to know.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    months?? lol, i will say a year already (or even more).
    No, not a year, but IIRC it got fouled up when S8 launched.

It was one of the reasons why I took a sabbatical from the game. It's disheartening to see that it's still unresolved, but not at all surprising.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's a bug from S8 that had multiple threads raised about it in the KDF section and the bug section of the forums. I also used to remind the devs. during each weekly patch for months before I gave up seeing how it's just ignored.

I know this might sound harsh to some, but this is a bug that makes Cryptic look completely pathetic and incompetent and I firmly stand by that assesment.
    If you develop a game in which you have a faction restricted from an access to an entire area in the game for more than 8 moths, there's clearly something terribly wrong with either your mindset or your skills.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    I know this might sound harsh to some, but this is a bug that makes Cryptic look completely pathetic and incompetent and I firmly stand by that assesment.

Still, people keep buying LFS, monthly subs, thousands of lockboxes and cstore items. :P

So, dont expect anything to change anytime soon.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    adwynyth wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken, this is a longstanding known bug. God knows what's holding it up from getting fixed, aside from likely being a low-priority item on the devs' list.

Hint: There's no money involved.

If it were an issue with selling some C-store item, there'd have been an emergency maintenance within 72 hours. ;)
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    it's a bug for quite some time, um, there is a way... you need to be teamed up with a Fed... If I recall, there is a solution to the bug
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    it's a bug for quite some time, um, there is a way... you need to be teamed up with a Fed... If I recall, there is a solution to the bug
    Yeah there's a workaround, a Fed character can invite a KDF character to their bridge, and thus have indirect access to the cluster.

It's still complete rubbish that after two major seasonal content upgrades this bug is STILL unresolved.
  • solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's a bug from S8 that had multiple threads raised about it in the KDF section and the bug section of the forums. I also used to remind the devs. during each weekly patch for months before I gave up seeing how it's just ignored.

If you develop a game in which you have a faction restricted from an access to an entire area in the game for more than 8 moths, there's clearly something terribly wrong with either your mindset or your skills.
    Last week was the third anniversary[1] of the devs being unable or unwilling to reposition a terribly misplaced piece of wall[2] on a Klingon bridge. So I don't think they'll get around to fixing the Delta Volanis entrance this year (unless they happen to work on this sector for some other reason).

[1] oldest report I found on the forums: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=217076 (May 28, 2011)
    [2] example screenshot: http://s14.directupload.net/images/140101/3ukq9u35.jpg
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    I know we have a formal cease fire and all... But there are things in there that are "Need to know"... And Klingons don't need to know.

Thats fine.
    As soon as Feds don't get access to the 4 exploration nebulas in Omega Leonis any more we will stop demanding access the one in Sirius...
    edited June 2014
    Thats fine.
    As soon as Feds don't get access to the 4 exploration nebulas in Omega Leonis any more we will stop demanding access the one in Sirius...

Ha... I'm in... Cause I really don't care... xD
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • r9xchaosr9xchaos Member Posts: 249
    edited June 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    I've achieved Tier #4 with Marauding, and can enter the Sirius Sector, however regardless of what route I take to get there, I cannot enter Delta Volanis. Considering (when Tier #4 Diplomacy is reached) Federation players can enter the four Klingon Star Clusters, I thought (naturally) that Klingons would be able to enter the Federation Star Cluster.

Is this something unique to my KDF character? Is it a bug of some sort? Is it working as intended? Are we not suppose to be able to access it under the red flag?

What's going on?

Note: I know it's of no huge significance, was just going to complete the star cluster assignment.

Do you think we let klingons inside an area were we hide our dirtiest secrets?

The Delta Volanis sector is closed by Starfleet Intelligence Alpha .... violating these boarders is punished with death.

This comment will selfdestruct in 30 seconds... good day sir.

=P
    edited June 2014
    solemkof wrote: »
    Last week was the third anniversary[1] of the devs being unable or unwilling to reposition a terribly misplaced piece of wall[2] on a Klingon bridge. So I don't think they'll get around to fixing the Delta Volanis entrance this year (unless they happen to work on this sector for some other reason).

[1] oldest report I found on the forums: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=217076 (May 28, 2011)
    [2] example screenshot: http://s14.directupload.net/images/140101/3ukq9u35.jpg

That is.....I don't know what to say...terrible? sad? insulting? I'm at a loss for words. :(
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited June 2014
    There is a workaround for that although it's anoying to do that.

You'll need a friend with a fed char (or a second account with a fed char and the ability to be online with both at the same time).

That fed char will have to enter delta volanis and invite your Klingon char to his bridge. Here you have access to all delta volanis doff assignments which are the only reason to enter there anyway.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    That is.....I don't know what to say...terrible? sad? insulting? I'm at a loss for words. :(
    I was thinking "Minor graphical bug". IF you could fall out the door it's be more important.

I find it ironic that the Obelisk bridge has a similar bug and people aren't bemoaning ThAT... Oh and that bug DOES affect Feds, and is still not high enough priority to be worth fixing.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited June 2014
    I was thinking "Minor graphical bug". IF you could fall out the door it's be more important.

I find it ironic that the Obelisk bridge has a similar bug and people aren't bemoaning ThAT... Oh and that bug DOES affect Feds, and is still not high enough priority to be worth fixing.

Ahem, "minor graphical bug" from 3 years ago. :rolleyes: That's just sloppy craftsmaniship, there's no excuse for not fixing sth. like that for 3 years, moreso becuase of it being "minor". That's just lazy.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thats fine.

Barring access to the core sectors and exploration clusters based on Diplomacy/Marauding Tier is ridiculous and dated.

The war is over.

All it is to me now is a pain in the TRIBBLE when trying to run the Tour on my KDF character (Sirius is barred to her because she is only T2 Marauding).
    edited June 2014
    Barring access to the core sectors and exploration clusters based on Diplomacy/Marauding Tier is ridiculous and dated.

The war is over.

All it is to me now is a pain in the TRIBBLE when trying to run the Tour on my KDF character (Sirius is barred to her because she is only T2 Marauding).

Having peace does not equal open borders.

But my point was that it's a given that fed have access to our exploration clusters and we don't get access to theirs.
    edited June 2014

But my point was that it's a given that fed have access to our exploration clusters and we don't get access to theirs.

you do get access... theres a bug in ONE...
    edited June 2014
    you do get access... theres a bug in ONE...

Lol.
    There is a bug in one that is around for more then a year.

But yes, it only effects one of the fed clusters in Sirius.
    Now let's count how many clusters are in Sirius.

One. The one that is bugged. But you are entirely correct, to all the ZERO other we have access
    edited June 2014
    Lol.
    There is a bug in one that is around for more then a year.

But yes, it only effects one of the fed clusters in Sirius.
    Now let's count how many clusters are in Sirius.

One. The one that is bugged. But you are entirely correct, to all the ZERO other we have access

Yea, but you're pretending that it's halting your entire process... And I find that rather typical for KDF players...

Don't tell me about gamebreaking bugs... Try being stuck at Ensign minus 43 for two and a half weeks and then tell me about gamebreaking bugs...

Not having cluster access is a minor inconvinience. after all, there are several others in fed-space you DO have access to.
    edited June 2014
    Yea, but you're pretending that it's halting your entire process... And I find that rather typical for KDF players...

Don't tell me about gamebreaking bugs... Try being stuck at Ensign minus 43 for two and a half weeks and then tell me about gamebreaking bugs...

Not having cluster access is a minor inconvinience. after all, there are several others in fed-space you DO have access to.

Not for people that are in active doffing.
    And if you want game breaking bugs, look at the people who still have broken costume slots in KDF side only.

Your bug affects you, ours effect almost everyone playing that faction. And yours will still be fixed sooner.
    edited June 2014
    Not for people that are in active doffing.
    And if you want game breaking bugs, look at the people who still have broken costume slots in KDF side only.

Your bug affects you, ours effect almost everyone playing that faction. And yours will still be fixed sooner.

Actually, my bug affected a great deal of people... Look for those wearing the "Medal of Tangara".

Now THAT was a bug... Yours is still just an inconvenience.

But sure... lets take a fed bug that has been really annoying to feds several times by now:

Klingons beaming into ESD killing the NPC's... It was a bug that persisted for god knows how long, was fixed and then returned... And I am confident it will be back eventually.

In comparison, it happened once the other way around and was fixed within a week.

And theres more...

Don't pretend the KDF is the "poor little brother who always get beaten by big brother"...

Its ONE Single DutyOfficer bug that is always reported in a non-bug report forum...
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    It's certainly not something worth getting worked up about, you have anyone in your fleet who is half decent I'm sure they'll send you a bridge invite, been doing it myself for a while. But then the clusters and their explores have been buggy for a long while, doubt they'll fix it unless they decide to revamp it all.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited June 2014

But yet the KDF has access to every other sector in Federation space.

So that doesn't hold water, as far as I'm concerned.

Sirius and Omega Leonis should be open.

That would also solve the exploration cluster issue.
  • masterriftsgm01masterriftsgm01 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This bug needs serious attention. Each time my KDF character enters Sirius Sector, I am reminded of this bug, and it irritates me greatly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]