test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Flying High - Cooldown Breaks It

warp7engagewarp7engage Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I'm running into this bug on multiple accounts / all characters.

I accepted the Flying High mission yesterday, then came back today to complete it. Normally this allows one to complete a daily twice since the mission was accepted over 20 hours ago.

When I buy a floater and equip it the Flying High count down starts - But there are no Mission Circles on the map ANYWHERE. And no Course Starting Points in the sky ANYWHERE.

I have tried Leaving Risa, Switching Instances, Unequip Floater, Delete Floater, etc etc. Nothing works except dropping the mission (or letting it fail) and loosing a day of progress. If anyone knows how to fix without dropping the mission please let me know. Thanks!
Post edited by warp7engage on

Comments

• konamerekonamere Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I had the "no mission circles/courses" BUG #3,000,000,055.

With the mission still active hit Esc, change character and get back on the same character and the circles/courses appear.

Worked for me anyway. Good luck.
  • warp7engagewarp7engage Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Esc -> Change Character did not work. Still no Course Starting Points, Nothing on Compass either.

At this point I will just loose the day of progress and drop the mission on all my characters. Thanks anyway.
  • nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    did you ppl activated a floater after accepting the mission ?

because there's a timer starting as soon as you activate a floater, to complete the circuits and claim the reward.

so, basicly, there's the "20h mission cool down" timer and a "10 minutes complete mission" timer.

the second one, makes the mission fail, if you pass it.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well some times it seems that the courses just take there sweet time in showing up. I do have a tendency to accept the mission with the floater already activated and floating - maybe that is a problem?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    nazelnag wrote: »
    did you ppl activated a floater after accepting the mission ?

because there's a timer starting as soon as you activate a floater, to complete the circuits and claim the reward.

so, basicly, there's the "20h mission cool down" timer and a "10 minutes complete mission" timer.

the second one, makes the mission fail, if you pass it.

Apparently this was my problem. I had the floater active before accepting. In that instance, I had to shut the floater off, and then activate the floater again. Solved everything.
  • ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Same problem here. If I take the mission in the hope's of doing it later in the day and somehow let the mission sit for 20h or longer (meaning that if I complete it I should be able to take the same mission inmediately after) it breaks the mission and starts with no waypoints or other indicators of mission progress.

So pretty much if you take the mission and don't complete it within 20 hours, the mission breaks down and you have to fail it in order to be able to retake it.

Please fix this annoying bug, sometimes we don't have the time to play the mission on every single char as soon as we take the mission, but it should allow us to complete it later without it forcing us to fail and thus lose a day's progress.

No other mission in the game with a 20 cooldown acts the same way, we are able to always complete it (if we accepted the mission long ago) and thus allow us to retake it once it is completed.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I accepted the Flying High mission yesterday, then came back today to complete it. Normally this allows one to complete a daily twice since the mission was accepted over 20 hours ago.
    Don't do this. The mission breaks if you hold it too long, this is a known feature, was this way last year, too. It's not like the Q Race.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • warp7engagewarp7engage Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Flying High Mission (Risa Event) is broken for all characters on account. No objectives show on map, in sky, on mission compass. Cannot complete. Has something to do with accepting the mission over 20 Hours Ago (Mission Cooldown Complete).

This is NOT "A Feature" it is a BUG. Every other 20hr cooldown mission in the game does NOT behave in this manner.

Successfully submitted ticket ID #2,532,103.

If a dev would like to view a character in currently bugged state mine is Koruth@Warp9Engage. You will be able to launch his jetpack and see there are NO mission objectives ANYWHERE.

Thank you!