test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Massive Foundry Assets Update on Tribble (and the Official TacoFangs Rules Thread)

Comments

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Massive additions to foundry assets inbound on Tribble.

We're still trying to catalog them, but...

WE HAZ FLOORS! Federation carpet, metal floors, Klingon floors, Romulan floors. All of them are textured on the bottom so they look good for ceilings.

Water planes, lots and lots of water planes!

All kinds of new esd consoles, crates, wall props.

Ceiling lights!

This is the biggest and most exciting update to the Foundry assets in 3 years.

PS. Tacofangs is awesome! Thank you to Taco and any other dev who had something to do with this update. It's a game changer for our ability to make custom interiors.

Patching now. Water planes were something I thought we'd never get. I have a Foundry mission I want to do but I needed water planes, Klingon Academy uniforms, and access to the Voth Lobi costume, preferably.
    edited May 2014
    So... This may be more of an environmental question...

Can we have volume effects that require EV suits (ambient EV damage) or which disable ranged weapons, ala Coliseum?

The worst issue there is that we might make something incompletable but we can already put a required switch behind a wall or swamp a player with 300 enemies.

An EV-suit requiring volume area plus water equals scuba missions.

And if interactables work, I'm now curious if EV suit waypoints would also work.
  • johnnysnowballjohnnysnowball Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm just waiting for the hundreds of U.S.S. Titanic missions...
    edited May 2014
    Oh, emergency landing? Who let the Betazoid at the nav console?
    So... This may be more of an environmental question...

Can we have volume effects that require EV suits (ambient EV damage) or which disable ranged weapons, ala Coliseum?

The worst issue there is that we might make something incompletable but we can already put a required switch behind a wall or swamp a player with 300 enemies.

An EV-suit requiring volume area plus water equals scuba missions.

And if interactables work, I'm now curious if EV suit waypoints would also work.

It would be nice but If you love playing Foundry you will happily put on a suit and discard weapons for immersion
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hopefully this link will show you all the assets in game view:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e0e7gthxhb94ejj/AAD24h_CLerrD50lexdx01HCa

Thanks for the link, I don't currently have a tribble foundry character
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    adverbero wrote: »
    Thanks for the link, I don't currently have a tribble foundry character
    Heretic!

:P

It's easy to fix that problem BTW...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited May 2014
    Heretic!

Well I'd have to be persistent enough to get the 7000 dilithium on my test characters , Easy enough but i've been putting it off for some reason.

Guess theres no time like new asset time to get a test character though

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    That's why drugs are bad kids :)
    Well I'd have to be persistent enough to get the 7000 dilithium on my test characters , Easy enough but i've been putting it off for some reason.

Why don't you import a holodeck character with 7k dil ?

Also, 2 of my missions were imported to tribble. I don't know why. It was my published mission, but they are currently unpublished (I removed them the day before the ESD changes so I could work on them).
    I don't know if they were imported with my characters or not.
    I quite remember having to build tribble only mission in the past to test things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,630 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    edited May 2014

Bah, go to drozana, last I checked there was free dil there.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    NOTE that the underwater effect only works if you are within 33 (feet? metres? units?)
    That is, if you are at Y0 and water is at Y34, you will no longer have the effect

Well, what I had in mind was to cover the entire map with large water objects at Y0, then stack more on top of those as needed to cover any higher ground.
    edited June 2014
    Well, what I had in mind was to cover the entire map with large water objects at Y0, then stack more on top of those as needed to cover any higher ground.
    that would kinda work. But you'd see the surface layers here and there. Too bad we don't have a 2k version... :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I do wish we had map-wide versions of the water. It's easy to see the edges of the cube when inside a 500 size one. But, it's nice to have what we have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    that would kinda work. But you'd see the surface layers here and there. Too bad we don't have a 2k version... :P

Well, the surface layers could always be taken as low cloud cover above ground maps, and would be blocked by the ceiling in most interiors. Certain map-wide effects might obscure the water surfaces even more.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Heretic!

It would be, if the Foundry character creator wasn't totally borked ATM.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • sarek93sarek93 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I had taken a bit of a foundry hiatus, but this has inspired me to get back in there. Thanks, devs! Now if we can just get 3D editing like in Neverwinter...
    "Insufficient facts always invite danger." - Spock
    edited June 2014

only problem then is you SEE the surface of the lower water under the water. Like white spirit & water.
    edited June 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    It would be, if the Foundry character creator wasn't totally borked ATM.
    Well... some races still work AFAIK... My current tribble foundry character is a new one. (Ferengi)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well... some races still work AFAIK... My current tribble foundry character is a new one. (Ferengi)

Yeah, I also had no trouble making a ferengi, probably cause I just did whatever I needed to do as quickly as possible to make a Fed side toon for tribble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I for one welcome our new Taconian overlords.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    edited June 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    I for one welcome our new Taconian overlords.

Praise be to TALOS, oops I mean TACOS

edited June 2014
    djxprime wrote: »
    Now how did you all know it was my birthday! :D

Looks like I'll be going back to some of my older missions for some map updates!

Replacing a platform with a new floor will require raising the floor by about 0.91 to achieve the same surface position. This will help if you are updating old missions.
    Replacing a Foundation block with a new floor: try it at 15.237 higher than the block.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    That water plane just from those examples really shows a TON of potential for new Foundry stories.

AND FLOORS! No more cement floors for starships! :D

Though I'm still waiting for them to add Romulan Uniforms, so I can put classic TOS Uniforms on my TOS Era Romulans, so they fit the part. And I'm still hoping someone can add the Koro'T'inga to the ship costumes as well. The one currently in the Foundry is mega broken and causes Crash to Desktop.

Also more New Romulan Assets would be nice thing to have too! So I can add more specific Romulan ambiance. ;)
  • nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Any possibility of getting some lights so that custom interior maps aren't so incredibly dark?
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    The thing with lights is that I don't think you would have any way to modify their color or distances.

So, I could put in some lights, but each would be frozen in color and range.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    The thing with lights is that I don't think you would have any way to modify their color or distances.

So, I could put in some lights, but each would be frozen in color and range.

Could we come up with a couple of basic setups? Perhaps White, Red and Yellow at 20, 50 and 100? Even 50 may not be necessary since it's not a hard fast object like a floor or plane. Maybe just large and small.
    edited June 2014
    blue and green lights would be nice too.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • marthitamarthita Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Will the devs ever add Rebel Klingons to the Foundry? It sucks having an accolade stuck at 1 and needing 1000 kills since some dev decided to be funny and add a single Rebel Klingon to a Nimbus ground mission just for the heck of it.
    edited June 2014
    marthita wrote: »
    Will the devs ever add Rebel Klingons to the Foundry? It sucks having an accolade stuck at 1 and needing 1000 kills since some dev decided to be funny and add a single Rebel Klingon to a Nimbus ground mission just for the heck of it.

I think Rebel Klingons are found throughout Tau Dewa and in some episode missions.