test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Thread: Loadout Bug - Items Duplicated (INVESTIGATING)

ihiriihiri Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
In one of my various attempts to find a work around for the Boff/Equipment abilities vanishing from the action tray. I made the attempt of switching from my Nicor to my Voth Shuttle. At the end of the 'Surface Tension' mission I noticed that the equipment shared between my Nicor and Voth shuttle had all been duplicated.

The duplicated items were the full Dyson set, assimilated moduel from the Borg Rep, Nukara Particle Converted, a fleet Duranium console and Grav Torp weapon.

Thus far I've been unable to replicate the effects of this mission and am unsure if it is limited to simply just this mission or can be done else where.
Post edited by ihiri on

Comments

• destikhardestikhar Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Last night a friend told me she had an item duplicated and today it happened to me, with a crapload of items. Scared to delete the duplicates because if it gets fixed they may delete the other item. I would like to know if I can delete my duplicated items because i dont have room for it
  • martinisonmartinison Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    At one time I had 5 copies of Tachyokinetic Converter from this duplication. I did delete a couple and didn't lose the others, so I'd say it's probably safe to delete extra copies. Of course who knows what will happen when they get around to fixing it.
  • asovanraasovanra Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It really astounds me that people complain, yes actually COMPLAIN when they magically get more items. Reputation gear is extremely expensive if season 9 duplicated your gear give a silent thanks to cryptic and move on. My goodness, if you don't get something for free in this game you complain, if you get something free in this game you still complain. Its rediculous!
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ow, that looks a really "great" bug lol. Having the same reputation items twice without an effort looks really neat :D, now you can use em in another ship of that char.
  • dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey there!

I've got 2 totally different loadouts on my new Fleet Patrol. 1 for PvP and 1 for PvE. Yesterday, when I was in Sol with my PvP loadout I entered ESD and what this did was: replacing all gear to my PvE loadout but not the doffs and boffs.
    Before I was able to reverse this my arena queue started and I got beamed out. When I spawned in the arena my loadout was still messed up, so I loaded my PvP loadout. This was actually working - skilltray, boffs, doffs & gear everything was correct. But when I took a look on my inventory, I noticed that several of my PvP-loadout's items got duplicated. (I can't tell exactly at which stage the items got duped)

Those Items are:
    1) Fleet Elite Warp Core
    2) Borg Impulse
    3) Borg Deflector

I can move those items in my inventory or even slot them on my ship. I can put both (the dupe & the original) in my inventory and place them next to each other or swap them.

For they are just taking space in my inv away (+I didn't pay for them or got them legally), I'd like to get rid of them. But (!!!), one of my friends said he lost a lobi console due to the same bug and deleting the "wrong" item - so I kept the dupes for now.

Will there be a fix automatically deleting the dupes?
    Is there a way to find out which is the dupe? (Item IDs...whatever)
    Can I even get banned for this, although duping was never intended?
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Some how my own PvP build got duplicated as well. Specifically the shield engines and deflector. (lobi store jem set).

I haven't deleted them because I am not sure if they are real duplicates or links to the original's. When I open my ship screen and look at some of my loadouts, the duplicates in my inventory some times blackout like the gear on a ship that isn't equipped when the ship isn't active.

Now If I didn't already have full sets of end game consoles and weapons, and if I knew how to duplicate this bug I might be able to save on fleet creds and dilithium, duplicating to get full racks.
  • ceresiusceresius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The bug occurs without regard to missions, but seems to be (and likely is) related to how the game handles the same items being shared by, saved to, and/or loaded and activated from multiple ships' loadouts; further, the problem may or may not be limited to some combination of items being shared between a shuttle and ship. If all reports here up to this point are true, then it [the bug] is also not limited to items obtained via specific methods (i.e. reputation, Lobi store, fleet stores), which could present a problem. (Lobi items are expensive, and possessing unpaid-for multiples of them due to a duplication bug could be a tad unfair. Fortunately, they're bound to characters, but that only mitigates the unfairness.)
    Here is another issue: does any way exist to discriminate between the legitimately earned items and the duplicates? How will this issue be resolved? Will people keep the items that were duplicated if they can't be separated from the originals?
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey folks,

Just wanted to ask if it is showing two of the items independently? Or if it showing two of that item in the fast equip drop down?

Let me know if it creates two items you can sit next to each other side by side in your inventory, and I will let the devs know.

Thanks!

~CaptainSmirk
  • ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey folks,

Just wanted to ask if it is showing two of the items independently? Or if it showing two of that item in the fast equip drop down?

Let me know if it creates two items you can sit next to each other side by side in your inventory, and I will let the devs know.

Thanks!

~CaptainSmirk

Fix the loadout system first, then we'll talk. :P
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is the now Official Thread for Feedback/Discussion of the current known issue for:

Please reply to this thread if you are experiencing the same issue/bug and want to report the problem to our team. Please keep your posts constructive, and avoid personal violations of our TOS concerning Flamming/Trolling/Harassing other Forum Users, or the staff of Cryptic/PWE. Violations of these rules will result in moderation of your posts/accounts.

Description of issue/bug:

We will alert this thread upon Resolution of this problem.

You can find the Master Index of current known issues at this link.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey folks,

Thanks!

~CaptainSmirk

I posted about this on the first day that Season 9 came out in the bug forums: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1090021

Quoted from my thread to consolidate here:
    Since a picture is worth a thousand words...

http://galleries.guildlaunch.net/205090/screenshot_2014-04-22-11-19-030092.jpg

As you can see, my warp core, tac console and beam array in slots they CANNOT normally go into. this happened when I first beamed into the new ESD from Sol orbit. I was using my Anti-Proton build in space and it looks like it tried to load my Sprial Wave build upon beam down and got fracked up.

It cleared up when I beamed back up and fully loaded my Spiral Wave set up. I did not select the build, it just changed it.

I also now have duplicates of the items that were misplaced.

Character: Jon Lonehawk@Protector if you want to pull a copy to look at.

Another person from my fleet also posted in my thread. I'll quote him here as well:
    I have had the same error three times now :) thanks !

Anyway -- this is a great bug, but a bug nonetheless. ;)
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
    edited May 2014
    ]
    It does ;)

Proof:
    http://s7.directupload.net/images/140514/nr72tjwn.jpg

edit:
    Something strange happened this time I tried to equip the dupes:
    http://s14.directupload.net/images/140514/yk84uq73.jpg

Fast-equip dropdown menu is accepting both aswell:
    http://s7.directupload.net/images/140514/joxzpm3d.jpg

edit2.:

Let me once more ask my most important question:

• jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dgdolph wrote: »
    It does ;)

Proof:
    http://s7.directupload.net/images/140514/nr72tjwn.jpg

edit:
    Something strange happened this time I tried to equip the dupes:
    http://s14.directupload.net/images/140514/yk84uq73.jpg

edit2.:

Let me once more ask my most important question:

It duped my Spiral wave and I was able to equip all 8 weapons (used to be 7). The reason your engines, and deflector are grayed out is because they are the same. Put one set on another ship (like a shuttle, so you can have both sets on at once), you'll see both are usable.

As for being banned, you're A) not doing it on purpose, or using an exploit to do it. And B) You're reporting it in the "official" thread.

I would hope you (or I) wouldn't get banned for actually helping.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey folks,

Thanks!

~CaptainSmirk

It certainly created copies of the engine, deflector and shield in my case. I only use the lobi jem set on my pvp drain loadout so both the original and duplicates are currently spending a lot of time sitting next to each other in my inventory.

I would like to reclaim the three inventory slots, but I don't want to risk loosing my originals so I am currently unwilling to delete the duplicates.

If it helps at all you can copy my character: Temo@ctcc42 and take a look at his data files or what ever you might need.
    edited May 2014
    Today I joined a ground queue (undine infiltration) when I was in the new undine space battlezone. When the queue started and I spawned on Bajor, my ship looked like this:

http://s1.directupload.net/images/140514/wmdt3zs6.jpg

While this was happening, some of my Items got duped again (Some consoles, warp core and weapons).

It's seems that those Items were duped, that had been in the position of the slots that are wrong on my screenshot.

Also, this seems to happen if you join a ground queue from space OR a space queue from ground.

Can anyone confirm this?
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey folks,

Thanks!

~CaptainSmirk

Have replicated this issue twice (always on 1st char logged in that day) Yes the items can set side by side, fleet gear, rep gear, and lobi gear. 1st time I just put back to my build and banked the rest, those parts still set in my bank. Second time I left the duplicated gear that was on ship (2x tachyokinetic converters, chroniton dual beam banks and the temporal set torpedo, so I had 2x of each single equip only items.) these duplicates while equipped, vanished the instant I entered combat, however the fleet tactical console, rep shield and a red matter capacitor stayed in my inventory, as well as the copies on the ship. I have since banked those duplicates, which are still in my bank.
  • j0hn41j0hn41 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This has happend to me as well.

My fleet and I had been running various stfs for a couple of hours. I checked my inventory and noticed several of my important items were there. At first I thought I had equipped trash by mistake, but all the items were still equipped on my Jem'Hadar Attack ship. The only commonality between the items is that they were both also equipped on my small craft as well, (Tholian Widow).

The Items duplicated were: 2 vulnerability locators +pol, my solanae warpcore and my subspace field modulator. All of the items that were equipped both on my small craft and on my main ship were duplicated except my plasmonic leech console, which was in the science slot on my small craft, but in an eng slot on my main ship. It's possible they have to be sharing the same slot on both ships to be duplicated

I'm afraid I cant help with the conditions under which it happened since I only noticed it afterwards, but I'm guessing it happened during a transition from a ground map (nimbus) to a space mission one of the PvE queues.

I was indeed able to place both sets of items side by side in my inventory. The duplicates are now equipped on my shuttle, (since that's where I would have put them anyway and maybe it will prevent it from happening again).

Character: M'Talli@john41
    Ticket ID #2,484,849.

edit:

Just found a duplicate plasmonic leech, mk XII flow cap console and another vulnerability locators +pol in my overflow bag. I didn't think to look there since my inventory has been no where near full for the last few days.

On a possibly related note, now I can't seem to keep the subspace field modulator ability on my space power tray. It keeps disappearing every time I transition from one map to another. never had any issues with the tray until i experienced the duplication bug.
  • starbase35starbase35 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This has happend to me as well, on Thursday. I Have changed my Layout, after i have done PvP.

The Items duplicated were: Zero Point Energy Conduit, Phaser Beam Array MK XII [Acc]x3, my Tholian Elite Fighter, The Counter-Command Deflector Array Mk XII and the Counter-Command Hyper Impulse Engines Mk XII. This itims where Post on my Inventory, after i have changed my Layout. This items are now in my Bank.
    edited May 2014
    No official response so far?

This is the most critical bug in the game atm! Imagine that players find out how to do this on purpose! Imagine the impact it will have on the exchange - players will have to buy only 1 weapon for 30-50mio EC instead of 8 or selling white item dupes!

So once again:
    Also, this seems to happen if you join a ground queue from space OR a space queue from ground.

Can anyone confirm this?
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No official response so far?

This is the most critical bug in the game atm! Imagine that players find out how to do this on purpose! Imagine the impact it will have on the exchange - players will have to buy only 1 weapon for 30-50mio EC instead of 8 or selling white item dupes!

So once again:

I remember there being dupe bugs on NWO a few months back which resulted in the devs rolling the whole game back a few weeks.
    Oyyyy... :(
    I need a beer.

edited May 2014
    I remember there being dupe bugs on NWO a few months back which resulted in the devs rolling the whole game back a few weeks.
    Oyyyy... :(
    While I can't confirm what you're saying, it should be a warning!

Wake up Cryptic: Its about duping!!! Bugs that allow duping are going to ruin the entire game and they have killed a lot of games in the past!
    Whatever you do right now cryptic: Stop it and fix this major bug that can kill your game!

...but still, there is no dialogue between cryptic and us, the players.

Are you already investigating? Can you corroborate my hypothesis? (see above)
  • eisenshorneisenshorn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It sounds related in some way to the BOFF powers/equipment vanishing from the tray/rearranging themselves. If the root cause behind this can be found, the duping will probably resolve itself, too, as a byproduct. It sounds like the two issues share the same root.
  • heatstrykeheatstryke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I wonder if it occurs if your sharing equipment between ships. I don't do much loadout switching, but with the shuttle event I was sharing a lot of equipment.

I logged in this afternoon and everything that was on my shuttle was duplicated and in my bag, or equipped in odd places on my primary ship.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=266653255
  • kreael1kreael1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Character Effected: Sammie@kreael11
    Ticket ID #: 2,520,563

Had the bug dupe a bunch of items, nearly 200k EC worth. More details about the bug than I feel comfortable posting to the forum are in the ticket.

This bug is very bad and not extremely hard to reproduce. Could completely destroy the in game economy.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    I was able to get this to reproduce finally. Thanks for your help folks. I'll get the issue written up and sent on for a fix. This will still require software debugging and so will take some time.
    STO QA Team
  • shar487ashar487a Member Posts: 1,292 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I just encountered this bug for the 1st time last night... I ended up getting a 2nd Enhanced Bio-Molecular torp, Plasmonic Leech, Borg Mk XII set, etc.

Since all of the items are bound, and I only need 1 of each, this bug is more annoyance than exploit. However, I am afraid of deleting the bound duplicates since any mass-deletion might destroy the original gear instead of the copy, and I cannot differentiate between the two.
  • gabrielinwestmingabrielinwestmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have a odd issue, instead of a duplication how about reputation items go completely missing after a game crash.

I was at my fleet spire and attempted to transwarp to the fleet starbase and the game crashed and exited to the login screen. So naturally I reclogged in. Logging in I was back at the spire. So I tried again to transwarp to fleet starbase... Poof! Game client crashes back to login screen. After 3 attempts I shutdown the game and went to bed as it was around 3am in the morning.

The next day when logging in I noticed that my loadout was incorrect, So I chose to exit to sector space then transwarped to earth space dock. At earth space dock I went to the Ship Selection area and attempted to located the proper ship equipment and what do you know.. My entire Adapted Maco Deflector, Adapted Maco Impulse engine and Adapted maco shield were all missing and could not be located. Ironically it shows it is on my Shuttle.. Sort of. But its greyed out and says it equipped on another ship. I check my other ships on my account and the entire set is missing. I contacted PWE customer service and they said they do not keep records of any kind and that I should upload a screenshot here. Please develpers help me get back my missing Adpated Maco Mk xii space set that I earned months ago from the reputation system please!
    It is not on any of my ships, not on my shuttle and not in my bank.

Here is a screenshot: http://postimg.org/image/dtblfvtr5/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Greywolf Taskforce - Officer of the Fleet