test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cross faction teaming please

pappy02upappy02u Member Posts: 141 Arc User
This is probably a dead horse but here it goes.

Can we please cross faction team. I only ask because over the last several runs through the dyson ground I "teamed" with some Klingons, I mean teamed there was chat and cross healing/rezing.

I figured now might be a good time to implement it since the "war" is over. I figure since finishing "Surface Tension" give's the KDF fly through privileges of the Sirius sector that the same mechanic be applied to the teaming. so like finish that episode gives an accolade or something that lets you cross faction team.

I figure this would make running battlezones easier (Not that they are hard), and help when fleets/friends run together and some need to run their off faction alt.

P.S. not sure if this shoulda gone here or the sub-section on game mechanic.
Post edited by pappy02u on

Comments

• Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, this is a big issue for my fleet. We've got both a KDF side and a FED side, and sometimes when you've got 2, 3 or 4 people together, it's a real pain in the neck to run STFs if you need to pick up a PUG.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,176 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    One way my fleet went around the PUG issue if we had someone KDF side and wanted to run STFs was a private queue. But open cross faction teaming in places like Defera, Nukara, both battlezones... basically anywhere that involves the factions working together would make sense.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    One way my fleet went around the PUG issue if we had someone KDF side and wanted to run STFs was a private queue. But open cross faction teaming in places like Defera, Nukara, both battlezones... basically anywhere that involves the factions working together would make sense.

defera direly needs cross-faction groups, its nearly impossible to pug defera hards as KDF.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    My Idea was specific to battlezones, but yeah my fleet/house has the same issue with STFs and use the private queues, but as was stated there isn't always enough on/willing/able to go for that to work.
  • Options
    flyingshoeboxflyingshoebox Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would like this also we play alongside other faction all the time at end game and are forced into groups with them on some stf’s yet we can’t do it on our own with our buddies.
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited June 2014
    phoenicius wrote: »
    defera direly needs cross-faction groups, its nearly impossible to pug defera hards as KDF.

You might join try "/channel_join KDFDefera" channel if in need of grouping for the Hard mission runs. Myself and quite a few others run that constantly and since its a server wide call out you are more likely to get a group than just going to Defera and asking for a "KDF Hards" in zone chat.

I do agree that more cross faction teaming would be welcome in the future especially for things like Epohh tagging.

Enjoy the day :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Agreed.

I actually expected that to happen with the peace in season 9. Whats the point on not allowing that now?
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I wholeheartedly support the suggestion for cross-faction teaming.
  • Options
    texastrekkietexastrekkie Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    pappy02u wrote: »

Can we please cross faction team. I only ask because over the last several runs through the dyson ground I "teamed" with some Klingons, I mean teamed there was chat and cross healing/rezing.

I figured now might be a good time to implement it since the "war" is over. I figure since finishing "Surface Tension" give's the KDF fly through privileges of the Sirius sector that the same mechanic be applied to the teaming. so like finish that episode gives an accolade or something that lets you cross faction team.

I figure this would make running battlezones easier (Not that they are hard), and help when fleets/friends run together and some need to run their off faction alt.

I agree. Not only would it be a great way to run with sister fleets in the battlezones, it makes perfect sense with the storyline.
  • Options
    ratonhaggedonratonhaggedon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    it makes perfect sense with the storyline.

I agree with the OP. we can even make it an unlockable feature once u complete "surface tension" to keep new players into the war until they reach the episode.

+1 to cross faction teaming
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gjcaugustusgjcaugustus Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes I totally agree with this. Crossfaction teaming in all of the battlezones where Fed and KDF and Rom fight a common enemy. If there is need to limit this, then as stated already the limit should be completing Surface Tension.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited June 2014
    This should be done yesterday
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »
    This should be done yesterday

This literally should have been done during the F2P transition.

It's supposedly a hugely problematic issue with lots of complicated programing and database issues, but it's not going to get any less complicated the longer they wait.
  • Options
    verizyneverizyne Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oooh this I like, but as the above poster has said, as long as it doesn't hurt the storyline. (First part of the Fed side is all against the Klingons. XD Now things like the FEs and so on could be nifty)
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    pappy02u wrote: »

Love this idea
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Glad there is support for this Idea. And yeah My idea is that only after completing the FE "Surface Tension" would you be able to cross faction team. So that it would preserve the older story line.