test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tatooine sucks.

moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Ten Forward
It does. There is nothing there worth a damn. It's immeasurable boringness is the focal point of not just one, but BOTH trilogies of the Star Wars saga. Anakin wanted off. Luke wanted off. I bet even the Tusken Raiders wanted off. It sucks. It SUCKS. IT IS BORING AND IT SUCKS! WHY IS IT EVEN A PLANET? IT IS THE GALACTIC EQUIVALENT OF LIVING IN NEVADA NOWHERE NEAR LAS VEGAS. WHAT CRUEL FORCE WOULD MAKE SUCH A DUSTBALL HABITABLE? SOMEONE SHOULD TAKE A GIANT DEADLY SPACE LASER/STATION AND PEW PEW THE ROCK INTO AN ASTEROID BELT!

:mad:

EFF YOU AND THE TWO SUNS YOU CAME ORBITING AROUND, TATOOINE!

/doublebirdies

JAR JAR BINKS! YOUR PLANET IS JAR JAR BINKS! THAT IS THE ONLY EXPLETIVE I CAN COME UP WITH THAT ACCURATELY DISPLAYS MY UNDYING HATRED OF THAT BARREN WORLD!
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
Post edited by moonshadowdark on

Comments

• Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I dunno man, I heard Tosche Station has the best power converters in the quadrant.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I despise deserts..so naturally i despise Tatooine in every form it has appeared in withint the SW universe.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Because making planets with only a single biome, oddly, allows storytellers of various forms more variety. Need a change of scenery? Go to a desert planet, or an ocean planet, or a jungle planet.

But yeah, Tatooine is kinda dull. I'm always glad to leave it whenever I play a Star Wars game--and every Star Wars game does go to Tattoine. At least Knights of the Old Republic gives the planet a reasonable backstory.

Tatooine should not be habitable. There aren't enough plants to generate oxygen.
  • Options
    xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Not my fault all the trees went bye bye. It may be because its so harsh that you find only the most wretched hive of scum and villainy. :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Wait, but Jar Jar came from Naboo. Which is lush and pretty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    No Jar Jar was booted off Naboo, Which is lush and pretty and bloody quiet for one.

As far as I know; he was booted, came back, became a general, then an ambassador. How he achieved the role of ambassador is beyond me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,145 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    He just did the accolades, like everyone else.

Or they gave him the job just to get him offworld. :D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    zbzznzbzzn Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The main reason I'm tired of Tatooine is because almost every single JA server defaulted to FFA3 for some reason. After ten years of that, it's more than worn itself out.

Besides, Tatooine was just Lucas's poor imitation of Arrakis - minus the melange, sandworms, Fremen, story and intrigue.
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Them come to Nimbus 3. The planet of..........stuff that, LET'S GO TO RISA!!

I CANNOT EVEN ESCAPE TATOOINE IN STAR TREK! IT RENAMED ITSELF NIMBUS THREE AND FOLLOWED ME HERE!

*bangs head against wall*
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    xigbarg wrote: »
    Wait, but Jar Jar came from Naboo. Which is lush and pretty.

Whats Naboo and whos Jar Jar?...... I thought this was about Star Wars and Tatooine
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It does. There is nothing there worth a damn. It's immeasurable boringness is the focal point of not just one, but BOTH trilogies of the Star Wars saga. Anakin wanted off. Luke wanted off. I bet even the Tusken Raiders wanted off. It sucks. It SUCKS. IT IS BORING AND IT SUCKS! WHY IS IT EVEN A PLANET? IT IS THE GALACTIC EQUIVALENT OF LIVING IN NEVADA NOWHERE NEAR LAS VEGAS. WHAT CRUEL FORCE WOULD MAKE SUCH A DUSTBALL HABITABLE? SOMEONE SHOULD TAKE A GIANT DEADLY SPACE LASER/STATION AND PEW PEW THE ROCK INTO AN ASTEROID BELT!

EFF YOU AND THE TWO SUNS YOU CAME ORBITING AROUND, TATOOINE!

/doublebirdies

JAR JAR BINKS! YOUR PLANET IS JAR JAR BINKS! THAT IS THE ONLY EXPLETIVE I CAN COME UP WITH THAT ACCURATELY DISPLAYS MY UNDYING HATRED OF THAT BARREN WORLD!

me-sa dont know about'a you, but me-sa had good fortune on tatooine an not liken your tone. :D
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited June 2014
    me-sa dont know about'a you, but me-sa had good fortune on tatooine an not liken your tone. :D

You-sah, stuck your head in an electric arc on Tatooine. I'm surprised you remember anything after that. :rolleyes:

As to Tatooine's value: well, there are the Krayt dragon pearls.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,145 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    You know what... I can't think of a SINGLE Star Wars movie that didn't involve some form of Desert planet.

Ep1: Tatooine
    Ep2: Geonosis
    Ep3: Tatooine
    Ep4: Tatooine
    Ep5: Hoth (Yes... Ice planet can also technically be considered desert)
    Ep6: Tatooine

Tatooine sucks, but came up the most... What is it about that ball of sand anyways? I think the only good thing we got out of Tatooine was the Jawas.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    You know what... I can't think of a SINGLE Star Wars movie that didn't involve some form of Desert planet.

Ep1: Tatooine
    Ep2: Geonosis
    Ep3: Tatooine
    Ep4: Tatooine
    Ep5: Hoth (Yes... Ice planet can also technically be considered desert)
    Ep6: Tatooine

Tatooine sucks, but came up the most... What is it about that ball of sand anyways? I think the only good thing we got out of Tatooine was the Jawas.

And bikini Leia...just saying!!! :rolleyes:
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Don't worry, I hate Nimbus III too.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    mjarbar wrote:
    And bikini Leia...just saying!!! :rolleyes:

Well... we kinda got that here with Orion Females too. :D
  • Options
    kaloriaa4kaloriaa4 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A full desert planet should not be able to have breathable atmosphere. Not enough plants to produce O2. Without Oxygen no animal or human life can be there without a spacesuit or environmental suit. And two suns would fry it like Venus which then you would need heat armor for your suit. Star wars really needs to think of this. Only way for a all desert planet to have O2 is if it had plants underground giving off O2 but plants need light to live. No light no plant no plant no O2.

Plus the air be so dry it would sap water from you at a alarming rate. Think of a room with dry air now think of it 1000 times worse your skin will be all chapped up and eventually start to crack up. The air will rob you of your water. Unless you got many gallons of skin cream to keep it hydrated. And eventually you need a bath, shower no water to take one then you got to have your friends,family lick bath you clean (I would enjoy this who wouldn't).

There will be no food anywhere cause a all desert planet cannot support life there for you can't hunt or grow crops the ground would be infertile. Try to grow a crop plant on Mars or Venus. And see any hunting animals on Mars or Venus?

Common sense is this a barren world is no place to live ever.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kaloriaa4 wrote: »
    A full desert planet should not be able to have breathable atmosphere. Not enough plants to produce O2. Without Oxygen no animal or human life can be there without a spacesuit or environmental suit. And two suns would fry it like Venus which then you would need heat armor for your suit. Star wars really needs to think of this. Only way for a all desert planet to have O2 is if it had plants underground giving off O2 but plants need light to live. No light no plant no plant no O2.

Plus the air be so dry it would sap water from you at a alarming rate. Think of a room with dry air now think of it 1000 times worse your skin will be all chapped up and eventually start to crack up. The air will rob you of your water. Unless you got many gallons of skin cream to keep it hydrated. And eventually you need a bath, shower no water to take one then you got to have your friends,family lick bath you clean (I would enjoy this who wouldn't).

There will be no food anywhere cause a all desert planet cannot support life there for you can't hunt or grow crops the ground would be infertile. Try to grow a crop plant on Mars or Venus. And see any hunting animals on Mars or Venus?

Common sense is this a barren world is no place to live ever.

The EU did some continuity patching to make that make a bit more sense. Tatooine does have plant life in more sheltered areas like the canyons, and things like lichens that live in the sand. There's also mentions of mushrooms growing on moisture farmers' water vaporators.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    And in SWTOR Tatooine also happens to be the planet where the most people get lynched by other players in mobs (mostly outside the imperial base on the edge of the dune sea).
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Naturally I live in a desert.
  • Options
    senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,262 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well there was a Balloon ride and long commutes to find Cubes intermingled with angry people trying to kill i and i .. and the secret cavern ledge to hop on to find a cube at the start of a valley fuil of more angry people campin the respawn. i recall that..

Then we went Sith and everything still hated us but we ditn have to be nice andymore and got force choke workin..
    and the meanest Pig men and flying ants with freakin lazor beams.

I never thought id be so happy to see alderaan which was sorta Andorian but with a Sky Dragon like thingie to ride which made us look kewl finding more sweet gear to complete our look as a Counselor..
    Or impress My Tw Let with random acts of kidness and Cyborg Sith Ladery Lordling things.
    Bounty hunter males[VA is SPIKE!] nuf said
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You-sah, stuck your head in an electric arc on Tatooine. I'm surprised you remember anything after that. :rolleyes:

As to Tatooine's value: well, there are the Krayt dragon pearls.

hahaha! i got owned!

i played enough swtor and kotor, tatooine is usually fun, but in a controlled way, there is usually less chaos going on but still enough. its better then hoth!
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hahaha! i got owned!

i played enough swtor and kotor, tatooine is usually fun, but in a controlled way, there is usually less chaos going on but still enough. its better then hoth!

Hoth uggghh, I have to finish Hoth with my sith warrior still.
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg