test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to purchase Zen ingame with STEAM Wallet

briggers810briggers810 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2015 in C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Hello,

I appear to be having a problem with purchase Zen (Ingame currency) using my STEAM wallet.

Today I tried to buy some Zen and whenever I opened the "Buy Zen" option, I got sent to Perfect World/ARC's Buy Zen page - https://billing.arcgames.com/en/

I last used my STEAM Wallet on 10/05/2014 to buy 2,000 Zen.

Any idea what the problem with this is and whether there's a solution to this, as I had recently put £100 onto my STEAM account to buy my fortnightly Zen amount of 3000Zen/£25.00 but obviously can't & this game is normally all I use my STEAM Wallet for.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Post edited by briggers810 on

Comments

• xintrossfelbanexintrossfelbane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm having the same issue. Added $40 to my wallet for some Zen earlier today. Just getting directed to the arc games page whenever I try to buy Zen.
  • briggers810briggers810 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've submitted support tickets to both Cryptic & STEAM to get an answer to this issue.

I'd also like to add to my original post, that I have checked and I do currently have STEAM Community enabled - I noticed that was a solution people had suggested in previous threads about similar issues to this.
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The big question is, is this a bug or a feature?
  • likuideathlikuideath Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I used the Steam Wallet to buy Zen in game on May 12th. Tried again today and got the redirect.

I have successfully ignored Origin, I will ignore Arc just as easily. If they don't want me to spend my money in their game, that's fine, I'll spend it elsewhere.
  • briggers810briggers810 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    overlapo wrote: »
    I hope it's not their sneaky way of forcing everyone to use ARC for the game...

Infact I'm beginning to wonder what's happening regarding my Zen Stipend i'm meant to get as a LTS, whether I need to login using ARC to get the Zen...
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I hope it's not their sneaky way of forcing everyone to use ARC for the game...

Infact I'm beginning to wonder what's happening regarding my Zen Stipend i'm meant to get as a LTS, whether I need to login using ARC to get the Zen...
    Someone already received a reply for Support stating they are working on the issue.

If you do a simple search in this sub-forum you will see that this problem has happened several times before - it happens every time either Steam of STO changes some code. This is not a new or unexpected problem.

As for your Stipend, it comes on your anniversary date - if you bought your LTS on the 12th the Stipend will come around the 13th - and it always comes after 2 pm Cryptic time. It gets added directly to your current total, so if you are not aware of how much you have you might not even notice them adding 500 more.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    overlapo wrote: »

Turns out it was a feature, as explained in the post above. In any event the steam wallet service has been restored.
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I had the same issue myself.

This said, it's a good thing that i can trade Dilithium for Zen.
  • dd1mdd1m Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This issue is yet to be fixed, been locked out of buying Zen for over 24 hours now.

I see someone got a response from the customer support......how? I've never had a single response to any ticket I've submitted to PWE/Cryptic.
    8ebd135a27dd1eb31f8ce7dff0bfba3a1f1467ac_full.jpg
  • deathscythe19deathscythe19 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    cant purchase zen through arc or the main STO website. says my my card is invalid but i had purchased zen 2 days ago. this will make it difficult to purchase a lifetime next month.
  • joseph#3524 joseph Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hello,

I appear to be having a problem with purchase Zen (Ingame currency) using my STEAM wallet.

Today I tried to buy some Zen and whenever I opened the "Buy Zen" option, I got sent to Perfect World/ARC's Buy Zen page - https://billing.arcgames.com/en/

I last used my STEAM Wallet on 10/05/2014 to buy 2,000 Zen.

Any idea what the problem with this is and whether there's a solution to this, as I had recently put £100 onto my STEAM account to buy my fortnightly Zen amount of 3000Zen/£25.00 but obviously can't & this game is normally all I use my STEAM Wallet for.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

You need to start the game in steam its not a "bug" its a matter of how you start the game
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    liljoe3rd wrote: »
    You need to start the game in steam its not a "bug" its a matter of how you start the game

I think you missed the tiny-weeny fact that this thread is OVER SIX MONTHS OLD.

There are several long threads that explain that PWE has created a new software program that detects new accounts and prevents them from trying to exploit certain features of the C-Store.
    Unfortunately that program interacts with the Steam Wallet badly.

Also, it's against the forum rules to revive a thread older than 30 days.

:rolleyes:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • joseph#3524 joseph Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    daveyny wrote: »
    I think you missed the tiny-weeny fact that this thread is OVER SIX MONTHS OLD.

There are several long threads that explain that PWE has created a new software program that detects new accounts and prevents them from trying to exploit certain features of the C-Store.
    Unfortunately that program interacts with the Steam Wallet badly.

Also, it's against the forum rules to revive a thread older than 30 days.

:rolleyes:

oops :confused:
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Necro Thread Protocols Activated

/closed
This discussion has been closed.