test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dyson Science Dystroyer, information you need to know before buying.

vallden1vallden1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
With the sale on ships I decided to get the Dyson Science Destroyers for my Science character. After purchasing them I realize I got screwed. There are two sets. Each one has four items. The first one being the Solanae space set. Obviously three of the parts are obtained from missions. The missing part is the Warp Core. I figure it must come with the ships. Nope, it is part of a ship only attainable from the four year anniversary. Buyer beware right? Sure why not. However, it is convenient that Cryptic left this information out of the ship’s description. Other than the Deflector Array, there is no mention of the standard equipment (I do not consider the consoles to be standard equipment as they are unique to each ship). I think this is lack of full discloser for all ships. I feel Cryptic should provide the fourth piece of the sets out of good faith.

Included equipment missing from the ship(s) C-store description:

[Photon Torpedo Launcher Mk X] x2
[Disruptor Beam Array Mk X] x3
[Dual Disruptor Beam Bank Mk X]
[Solanae Dual Heavy Proton Cannons [Acc] [CrtH]x2]
[Deflector Array Mk X]
[Impulse Engines Mk X]
[Matter/Anti-Matter Warp Core - Mk X]
[Shield Array Mk X]

Now you have all the information attainable about the ship(s). So you can make an informed purchase.
Post edited by vallden1 on

Comments

• drumcd74656drumcd74656 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    the anniversary ship with the warp core is available in the lobi store, as far as i know
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vallden1vallden1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    the anniversary ship with the warp core is available in the lobi store, as far as i know

Thanks for jump starting my brain about the Lobi store. Duh, the other dystroyer is in there. -slap slap- I am awake now. I knew I was holding on to those for a good reason.
  • macinhislabmacinhislab Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    have you tried to reclaim the core from the dilithium store reclaim tab?
    edited May 2014
    have you tried to reclaim the core from the dilithium store reclaim tab?

Thanks for the advice. I looked but it is not there either.

I just got to break the bad news to another proud owner of the Dyson Science Destroyer bundle. He was asking how to get the Warp Core and upgrade the Secondary Deflector. I told him those parts are on the ship in the Lobi Store. His response, “but I bought all three”. Yep, so did I. He, like me, was not too happy about that knowledge being omitted from the C-store ship(s) descriptions and information.

It is obvious that they would not sell as many ships if that information was available upfront at the time of purchase. I know I would not have purchased the ships. I am not sure if this could be considered a “bait and switch” situation. However it does feel a bit shady to me.
  • johnthomas00johnthomas00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    vallden1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice. I looked but it is not there either.

I just got to break the bad news to another proud owner of the Dyson Science Destroyer bundle. He was asking how to get the Warp Core and upgrade the Secondary Deflector. I told him those parts are on the ship in the Lobi Store. His response, “but I bought all three”. Yep, so did I. He, like me, was not too happy about that knowledge being omitted from the C-store ship(s) descriptions and information.

It is obvious that they would not sell as many ships if that information was available upfront at the time of purchase. I know I would not have purchased the ships. I am not sure if this could be considered a “bait and hook” situation. However it does feel a bit shady to me.

They WERE upfront about this information and when the ships and item sets were annouunced back before the anni event they made sure that everyone knew via blogs and posts how it would work. The 3- peices of space set from the mission, warp core and 2 deflector on anni ship (now in Lobi store unless you slotted the project but never finished it), and the consoles would be forecoming on the C-store ships that would be released after the event. They went on to tell everyone that the warpcore would ONLY be on that ship and to finish the set you had to either get it from the event or the Lobi store.

Warp core and deflector would only be in the reclaim tab IF you own the anni ship. If you did not get it then you can't reclaim something you never got in the first place.
    edited May 2014
    They WERE upfront about this information and when the ships and item sets were annouunced back before the anni event they made sure that everyone knew via blogs and posts how it would work. The 3- peices of space set from the mission, warp core and 2 deflector on anni ship (now in Lobi store unless you slotted the project but never finished it), and the consoles would be forecoming on the C-store ships that would be released after the event. They went on to tell everyone that the warpcore would ONLY be on that ship and to finish the set you had to either get it from the event or the Lobi store.

What about the players post the event, who knew nothing about the anniversary ship. I looked at the home page. The latest information I could find on the ships is here:

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3034643-advanced-dyson-ships-live%21
    There is no mention of an anniversary ship or extra equipment.

The last time the anniversary ship is referenced is here:
    http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3034233-season-8-dev-blog-%2352

Based on the information provided by the C-store, the only item that comes with the ship is the console. So the purchaser would only be entitled to the ship and console, but not the cannons. However I am sure veteran players assume the cannons come with the ship. Why would they not? Information was provided three months ago indicating that the ship does. Cryptic could leave the cannons off because it is not mentioned in the description. I think veteran players would be pissed if Cryptic did. New players would not even know the ship should come with cannons. There is no indication the ship should. So would that be more ok to exclude the cannons? What the buyer does not know can’t hurt them.

Unfortunately for current, or new, players they do know about the warp core. The Solanae set indicates the core is part of the set. Players can obtain all the other parts in game but the core. So it is reasonable for a player to assume the core comes with the ship. There is no indication that the core does not. What is not reasonable is to expect that person to go back through three months of blogs to know that it does not.

Why would it be reasonable to assume that a unique part of a set may be included with a ship? The C-Store T’varo Light Warbird comes with a Console-Universal-Singlularity Stabilizer. Information included with the console indicates it is part of a set. The other piece of the set is the Console-Universal-Plasma-Destabilizer. How to obtain the Plasma Destabilizer is not mentioned with the description of the Singlularity Stabilizer. The Plasma Destabilizer comes with the C-Store T’varo Light Warbird Retrofit. Making the necessity to purchase a ship, to complete a set, a legitimate assumption.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have the Anniversary ship and the nine-pack. For someone coming in later after having plunked down between 2500 to 10000 Zen would then have to plunk down 600 Lobi to complete the set bonus (average another 12,000 Zen equivalent assuming 5 Lobi per Lockbox and rounding to about 100 Zen per key, and not taking into account the 180 Lobi we can earn in the upcoming Featured Series Rerun Event coming this week).

Those two items (Core and Secondary Deflector) should be available separately for Lobi or Dilitium for those that purchased the C-Store ship(s) and not at the prices like the 200 Lobi per console for a single character unlock.

If you have the Anniversary ship you get those two items in your Reclaim tab, but even after you then acquire the C-Store version you must also keep the Anniversary one in your shipyard to retain those items in the Reclaim tab.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited May 2014
    What about the players post the event, who knew nothing about the anniversary ship. I looked at the home page. The latest information I could find on the ships is here:

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3034643-advanced-dyson-ships-live%21
    There is no mention of an anniversary ship or extra equipment.

The last time the anniversary ship is referenced is here:
    http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3034233-season-8-dev-blog-%2352

Based on the information provided by the C-store, the only item that comes with the ship is the console. So the purchaser would only be entitled to the ship and console, but not the cannons. However I am sure veteran players assume the cannons come with the ship. Why would they not? Information was provided three months ago indicating that the ship does. Cryptic could leave the cannons off because it is not mentioned in the description. I think veteran players would be pissed if Cryptic did. New players would not even know the ship should come with cannons. There is no indication the ship should. So would that be more ok to exclude the cannons? What the buyer does not know can’t hurt them.

Unfortunately for current, or new, players they do know about the warp core. The Solanae set indicates the core is part of the set. Players can obtain all the other parts in game but the core. So it is reasonable for a player to assume the core comes with the ship. There is no indication that the core does not. What is not reasonable is to expect that person to go back through three months of blogs to know that it does not.

Why would it be reasonable to assume that a unique part of a set may be included with a ship? The C-Store T’varo Light Warbird comes with a Console-Universal-Singlularity Stabilizer. Information included with the console indicates it is part of a set. The other piece of the set is the Console-Universal-Plasma-Destabilizer. How to obtain the Plasma Destabilizer is not mentioned with the description of the Singlularity Stabilizer. The Plasma Destabilizer comes with the C-Store T’varo Light Warbird Retrofit. Making the necessity to purchase a ship, to complete a set, a legitimate assumption.

Well.. in following your own arguement about the cannons.. does teh description for the ship ever mention the set warp core or 2nd deflector or were you just assumeing they would be there? In fact it doesn't, something you already mention multiple times, so why did you assume they would when the ONLY thing mentioned in the store description is about the consoles which you did in fact get. So you got what WAS in the description and you are complaining because you DID NOT get something that WAS NOT in the description...

How exactly did you know where to get the 3 space set peices? I checked it doesn't say it in the ship descriptions which means you either asked someone, was here for the mission for that mission launch, which was before the info about the warp core, or you looked it up. If you are going to do "homework" before buying a ship, asking someone or looking it up, you should really ask all the questions or make sure you look everything up and not retro blame someone else even going so far as to say they are bordering bait and hook schemes.

Morale of this story is.. do not expect to get something that is NOT in the description, and be happy if you do but for God's sake BEFORE dropping that kind of money or resources down for ships do your homework if you are looking for the set items to make sure you know what you are getting and how to get what you might be missing if it is not included in your inital purchase.

Having said that... I fully support Cryptic making the warp core and 2nd deflector avaible as small purchases, either zen or dith, for those who purchase the Z-store ships. Yes I said purchase and not free... it is a business after all and they sell the ship with it on if you want a comprise with them over it that is probably the best you could hope for.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So the purchaser would only be entitled to the ship and console, but not the cannons.
    Let's be honest here: Would anyone really be terribly sad if the cannons had not been included and you had to supply your own cannons? That is clearly why they did not feel the need to mention the cannons: Because you're not exactly missing anything if the cannons get omitted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    You are right. That is my point. Based on the ship description it should not come with the cannons, yet it does. The question is, how do I know the ship has cannons?
    http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s571/vallden/dyson2_zps04d5f7d2.png

I know there are four pieces to the Solanae Hybrid Technologies because the other three are in the mission A Step Between Stars. Each one of those items names all four components. If I have three of four, what would lead me to think the fourth part might come with the ship?
    http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s571/vallden/dyson3_zps2378498e.png

The Solanae Advanced set has four parts. How do I even know there is a four part Solanae Advanced set?
    http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s571/vallden/dyson5_zpsbfc9ca84.png

Reading through the ship descriptions, I know that three of the four part set comes with their respective ships. Why would I think the other piece might be included with the ships?
    http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s571/vallden/dyson4_zps3e42c3b4.png

I really don’t know how the parts could be made available to players who purchased the ships. My concern is that the effort made by players who worked for the other ship be respected. For example don’t give the parts away.
    edited May 2014
    Well they could post them for dith in the in-game dith store. In the past they have been able to restrict purchases to players with only a certain ship/ships (for example needing the JHAS to get the JHAS Hanger item for the JHDC) and I am sure they could do that again. I think adding it into the Z-store and coming up with a simliar restriction is possible, but might take more work seeing as how they have not used a restriction like that in that store yet and I am not sure how differently they might be coded.
  • varthelmvarthelm Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    For anyone seriously looking to fly any of these I would suggest they skip the bundle entirely, especially with the 600 lobi additional cost. The consoles are cute but the console slots they occupy can be put to better use in a hybrid ship such as this. You do need the secondary deflector and one handpicked Cstore shp console to get the 2 set bonus for more proton damage. With the built in proton cannon, this ship screams for the use of the Protonic arsenal set meaning proton damage is a must.

As a romulan with defensive sing core abilities to play with, I chose the one with 4 tac consoles and the zap zap console. The 3 and 4 set piece bonuses only enhance the use of the special consoles so if not running the rest, barely missing a thing.

This brings the cost to 600 lobi and 2500 zen with no sales or any such. A closer to reasonable cost for this ship and I am hard pressed to see where spending more gets you anything.

And, I know there's the multiple toon argument but...unless running multiple Romulan sci toons, I'd suggest you have very viable substitutes for both Klings and Feds. The Karfi and Vesta are good hybrid sci ship alternatives. I'd just get the one ship for a Rom Sci only. I've been flying the single Rom sci destroyer for a while now and its been much fun.

PS. If you have the bundle already but not the aniversary ship, I feel bad for you. I would suggest you can still get buy with just the 2 set bonus but having that secondary deflector from the aniversary ship buys you another console slot you dont have to spend to get that bonus.

P.S.S. Heartly disappointed with Cryptic on how they rolled this out.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yep. If you're a Fed, get the Vesta bundle instead. If you're KDF or Rom and really want a good science ship, get the Tactical Dyson ship and forget about completing the two sets. There are better space sets, anyway, and there will be a variety of secondary deflectors soon.
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yep. If you're a Fed, get the Vesta bundle instead. If you're KDF or Rom and really want a good science ship, get the Tactical Dyson ship and forget about completing the two sets. There are better space sets, anyway, and there will be a variety of secondary deflectors soon.

That is the advice I usually give to those who ask me about the ship. I don't care that the core and the anniversary ship are not available outside the lobi store, but the secondary deflector completes the CStore pack set and should be available to those that purchase it without extra cost. Someone made a truly rotten choice when they placed that particular piece of the set behind a 150 dollars single character unlock paywall.
  • duskstrider101duskstrider101 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I was minutes away from buying zen for this pack when I read this thread.

Sorry Cryptic, not buying until you fix this issue.
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Let's be honest here: Would anyone really be terribly sad if the cannons had not been included and you had to supply your own cannons? That is clearly why they did not feel the need to mention the cannons: Because you're not exactly missing anything if the cannons get omitted.

I wouldn't... I wish they would change the name to just Dual Cannons because they are NOT Dual Heavy Cannons.

ltminns wrote: »
    I have the Anniversary ship and the nine-pack. For someone coming in later after having plunked down between 2500 to 10000 Zen would then have to plunk down 600 Lobi to complete the set bonus (average another 12,000 Zen equivalent assuming 5 Lobi per Lockbox and rounding to about 100 Zen per key, and not taking into account the 180 Lobi we can earn in the upcoming Featured Series Rerun Event coming this week).

Those two items (Core and Secondary Deflector) should be available separately for Lobi or Dilitium for those that purchased the C-Store ship(s) and not at the prices like the 200 Lobi per console for a single character unlock.

This is the real painful part... If we MUST put the Core and Deflector(which is the only part that is really important) into the Lobi store can't we have them separate? Maybe 200 Lobi each like their counterparts?

The Core is somewhat pointless because the set it is a part of is utter garbage really. What you WANT is the Dyson Set not that junk pile. The secondary Deflector though should be with the packed ships seems how it works directly with THEIR consoles and trust me THAT set is awesome.
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    overlapo wrote: »
    That is the advice I usually give to those who ask me about the ship. I don't care that the core and the anniversary ship are not available outside the lobi store, but the secondary deflector completes the CStore pack set and should be available to those that purchase it without extra cost. Someone made a truly rotten choice when they placed that particular piece of the set behind a 150 dollars single character unlock paywall.

I agree completely... I have the Romulan version and it is great and I would GET the Klingon one but I did not get the Event ship for my Klingon and I am not going to buy the Klingon pack and use the ship without that Deflector. I am also not spending an additional Life Time Sub in order to get the Deflector so there goes another $50.00 Cryptic could have made from me. Oops. Fail on them.