test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Idea on Risian Swimwear off Risa

leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
I was thinking about this. On one hand, I get the desire for people to wear appropriate attire in appropriate places. On the other hand, I also think being able to carry ways of showing our travels elsewhere is crucial.

I was thinking about Risa today when a thought occured to me on how to balance these goals. I was thinking specifically of Vash from TNG and then it hit me that it's possible for what happens on a Risian vacation to follow a captain back to their ship. We got EXACTLY THAT with the episode Q-Pid.

So here's my idea:

Inspired by Vash, introduce a Risian Companion Bridge Officer.

The Risian Companion BO has alien customization options and can wear off-duty uniforms (hint: in doing this, it would be a good time to fix up KDF Marauding BOs) or swimwear on any map.

The Risian Companion comes with baked in traits that are more or less species specific:

Creative. Ground Trait. Improves the damage and healing of your Bridge Officer powers.

Peak Health. Ground Trait. Improves maximum health and toxic resistance.

Seductive. (Normally Orion only.) Ground Trait. Makes you more resistant to the effects of confuse and placate while reducing your threat generation in combat.

Life of the Party.
Increases team exploit damage on Ground
-25 Perception to both team and enemies within 30 meters
+10% bonus to healing abilities used on teammates within 30 meters
Map-wide area of effect: allows you to wear Risian swimwear when present on an away team.

Because it's tied to a BOff, nobody will be running around stations or public queue events in swimwear. However, swimwear does become an option on missions or in adventure zones, PROVIDED your Risian Companion is present.

This in a sense mirrors how the crew saw a different side of Picard when Vash was present.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• psycholandlordpsycholandlord Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, that's a creepy request.
    4KCfG9C.gif
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why not just let it go and accept that holiday gear should be tied to holiday locations.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • stealthymcthiefstealthymcthief Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, that's a creepy request.
    Second
    /10char
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This BO will have to be male, however.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    To anyone who wants to further restrict other people's ability to customize their own character, I have only 4 words: "Mind your own business."
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    (hint: in doing this, it would be a good time to fix up KDF Marauding BOs)

Well, that's never going to happen.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So you want a seductive alien in swimwear to follow you around in war zones?

Also just a general point, but given all the peace and love Risans seem so in to, I can't really picture them as an effective BOFF in a combat area. Seems a little out of character for them.

It seems the best answer to the off-duty clothes question is iff Cryptic can find some way to force zone-specific costumes. Swimwear can only be worn on Risa and so on - then once they have that level of control a lot of the barriers between normal off-duty clothes and uniforms can be removed.
  • realwildblurealwildblu Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Buuuttt... Vash only wore skimpy clothes on Risa....

Now, if you want your captain to place his/her shoes in the furniture, that's a different story...
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There is Zero valid reason to restrict swimwear anywhere at this point.
    edited May 2014
    There is Zero valid reason to restrict swimwear anywhere at this point.

True, if you ignore how stupid it would be.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    walshicus wrote: »
    Why not just let it go and accept that holiday gear should be tied to holiday locations.

So what about winter coats?

I think it is ridiculous to limit the swimwear to one map. If you are asking people to grind for it then it's kind of a d*ck move to restrict it to an area that there is no reason to go to ten and a half months of the year.

If it's restricted to risa, then it should be given out free the minute you beam down.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • captainpirkocaptainpirko Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    to those that say "oh, i dont think starfleet officers should be running around ESD in swimsuits"

well guess what, i'm not really a starfleet officer. i'm actually a mercenary, of sorts. or do you think everyone on ESD has to be starfleet? that's the real problem, not enough variety in what we're allowed to be. well stuff it, i'm not wearing a uniform all day. that doesnt mean starfleet doesnt recognize my 600 years of combat experience.
    [SIGPIC]Timelords Fleet [/SIGPIC]
  • zbzznzbzzn Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why do you care so much about how others make their characters look? Would you agree to a similar restriction on armour and weapon visuals in non-battlezone locations? How about limiting older uniforms styles to only time travel events? I think it would be absurd to restrict what other players can wear simply because it doesn't mesh with someone's personal Star Trek fantasy.

Just leave people to play the game their own way.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This BO will have to be male, however.
    That's pretty sexist. But I'd get a male anyway.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was thinking about this. On one hand, I get the desire for people to wear appropriate attire in appropriate places. On the other hand, I also think being able to carry ways of showing our travels elsewhere is crucial.

I was thinking about Risa today when a thought occured to me on how to balance these goals. I was thinking specifically of Vash from TNG and then it hit me that it's possible for what happens on a Risian vacation to follow a captain back to their ship. We got EXACTLY THAT with the episode Q-Pid.

So here's my idea:

Inspired by Vash, introduce a Risian Companion Bridge Officer.

The Risian Companion BO has alien customization options and can wear off-duty uniforms (hint: in doing this, it would be a good time to fix up KDF Marauding BOs) or swimwear on any map.

The Risian Companion comes with baked in traits that are more or less species specific:

Creative. Ground Trait. Improves the damage and healing of your Bridge Officer powers.

Peak Health. Ground Trait. Improves maximum health and toxic resistance.

Seductive. (Normally Orion only.) Ground Trait. Makes you more resistant to the effects of confuse and placate while reducing your threat generation in combat.

Life of the Party.
    Increases team exploit damage on Ground
    -25 Perception to both team and enemies within 30 meters
    +10% bonus to healing abilities used on teammates within 30 meters
    Map-wide area of effect: allows you to wear Risian swimwear when present on an away team.

Because it's tied to a BOff, nobody will be running around stations or public queue events in swimwear. However, swimwear does become an option on missions or in adventure zones, PROVIDED your Risian Companion is present.

This in a sense mirrors how the crew saw a different side of Picard when Vash was present.

a personal sex slave. no thanks.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • tontokowalski22tontokowalski22 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The reason why we couldn't have swimsuits til now is because they realized that this game is filled with a bunch of man-children who would have their characters parading around ESD in string bikinis. The reason this thread exists is EXACTLY the reason why we had to wait for this clothing option until now when they have the ability to code in only allowing it on Risa. Get used to the idea that CBS and PWE don't share your vision for their IP. Perverts.
    vSzSPTd.jpg
    I don't always feel like endlessly grinding for hours with little to gain from it. But when I do, I choose Star Trek Online
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    zbzzn wrote: »
    Would you agree to a similar restriction on armour and weapon visuals in non-battlezone locations? How about limiting older uniforms styles to only time travel events?

I would love to see something like that. Maybe Gorns could get their TOS look back while time hopping too. Klingons would need to hide their ridges while time traveling. Orions would need to the "Dizty slave girl* role. SO MANY RIPPED FED SHIRTS! The time traveling missions would use a revamp.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    *facepalm*

Oh boy....not another one of this threads.
    Are you trying to be a competition to the T5 Connie and Abramsverse Enterprise threads?
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited May 2014
    zbzzn wrote: »
    Why do you care so much about how others make their characters look? Would you agree to a similar restriction on armour and weapon visuals in non-battlezone locations? How about limiting older uniforms styles to only time travel events?
    If it were up to me, every Starfleet character would be wearing the 2410 uniform outside of combat.
    Just leave people to play the game their own way.
    That's all well and good, but sadly I can't hid stupid characters. If there was a toggle I could press that changed it so that everyone else wore a standard uniform on my PC only you'd never hear me complain again.
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The reason why we couldn't have swimsuits til now is because they realized that this game is filled with a bunch of man-children who would have their characters parading around ESD in string bikinis. The reason this thread exists is EXACTLY the reason why we had to wait for this clothing option until now when they have the ability to code in only allowing it on Risa. Get used to the idea that CBS and PWE don't share your vision for their IP. Perverts.

good thing for those idiots and people that are crying this is a star trek game u must wear uniforms which i'm sorry to say never happened in every show all the swimwear for females surpriseingly are not string but normal looking swimwear. as for the risain boff YES YES YES i have always wanted one whose to say some of them never joined starfleet huh? =( give me my risa boff!!!

edited May 2014
    I would love to see something like that. Maybe Gorns could get their TOS look back while time hopping too. Klingons would need to hide their ridges while time traveling. Orions would need to the "Dizty slave girl* role. SO MANY RIPPED FED SHIRTS! The time traveling missions would use a revamp.
    I don't think it has been established that the Klingon augments made up most of the population around that time period though.
  • psycholandlordpsycholandlord Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    to those that say "oh, i dont think starfleet officers should be running around ESD in swimsuits"

well guess what, i'm not really a starfleet officer. i'm actually a mercenary, of sorts. or do you think everyone on ESD has to be starfleet? that's the real problem, not enough variety in what we're allowed to be. well stuff it, i'm not wearing a uniform all day. that doesnt mean starfleet doesnt recognize my 600 years of combat experience.

Man, I didn't think it was possible to post something even less intelligent than the OP, given the nature of this thread, but you sure showed me there. Good job, buddy.
    4KCfG9C.gif
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    a personal sex slave. no thanks.

I find this to be very hilarious. You can already dress up your Captains and Boffs to be as sexy as you want. Don't know where the slave thing comes from though. :P
  • spacegoatcx#8996 spacegoatcx Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The following 3 words spring to mind when I read OPs post: Pathetic, sad, and creepy.

Surely Japan has invented some form of game for you to enact out these...fantasies, considering I highly doubt you would improve yourself both physically and socially to gain any form of real world relationships beyond making the occassional store cashier have nightmares.

As to Mr. 600 year "combat" veteran, I would like to hear of your 600 years of struggling with lead poisoning and it's effects on your daily life.
    FvMLllF.jpg
  • zaichalzaichal Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As the OP is trying to use a terrible episode of TNG to justify his bridge bunny in a swimsuit fantasy, does it also mean that because that episode had a female companion, that his fantasy companion idea would be restricted to only that gender?

Cos I know he seems to act like this is a single player game at times and his attitude seems to be one of bemusement when someone doesn't automatically agree with him, but if I can't have a male boff in a hot pink or lime green mankini, why should he get what he wants?

Still waiting on the skirts for men option. Also in an episode of TNG. Just saying.
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Uhhh. Huh. Not to totally change the subject, but I personally don't see any justification for restricting swimwear (or any other type of attire) to just one location. I could not care any less than I already do about the delicate sensibilities of neurotic twits who believe that they have some sort of authority to force their aesthetic and pseudo-ethical perspectives on everyone else. It is frankly offensive for anyone to attempt to force others to conform in order to pacify the insecure.

Down with puritanism.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    I find this to be very hilarious. You can already dress up your Captains and Boffs to be as sexy as you want. Don't know where the slave thing comes from though. :P

dressing your own boffs and captains is fine because for the feds and romulans you cant get on the level of orion females, besides your subconscious mind will pick your choice for you based on your personality, moral choices and such. so i fail to see where your point is there. leve the risian beach kit on risa.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    protogoth wrote: »
    Uhhh. Huh. Not to totally change the subject, but I personally don't see any justification for restricting swimwear (or any other type of attire) to just one location. I could not care any less than I already do about the delicate sensibilities of neurotic twits who believe that they have some sort of authority to force their aesthetic and pseudo-ethical perspectives on everyone else. It is frankly offensive for anyone to attempt to force others to conform in order to pacify the insecure.

Down with puritanism.

Amusingly enough, that's exactly what the other group is doing as well. Trying to force their aestheitc and pseudo-ethical perspectives on everyone else. Food for thought.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited May 2014
    lerpyderp wrote: »
    The following 3 words spring to mind when I read OPs post: Pathetic, sad, and creepy.
    Why do you feel the need to insult someone like that? Especially over a mere video game.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Amusingly enough, that's exactly what the other group is doing as well. Trying to force their aestheitc and pseudo-ethical perspectives on everyone else. Food for thought.

Not really, if the swimwear was made available on all maps, no one would be forcing you to wear it. And if you are referring to seeing people wear it, welcome to life. Sometimes people dress trashy or inappropriately. Unless they are walking around with their privets hanging out you have no business telling them what they shouldn't wear.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy