test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ar'kif high-visibility problems which still need to be fixed

umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 747 Arc User
These are high-visibility issues plaguing Ar'kif tactical carrier warbirds which have yet to be fixed. Most have already been reported, but have seen no resolution.

Annihilation Beam
This console-given power cuts off in mid-use. The main causes for this is that the toggable power cuts off due to drops in latency combined with the use of many other powers, fooling the game into thinking the power was prematurely toggled off.

Suggested fix: Remove the toggle and make it behave more like a Tachyon beam. Players do not need the ability to prematurely turn this off, and we'll be much happier with knowing it will last its full 20-second as advertised. If we truly want to stop the beam, we can move it out of arc, or press the ESC key to lose our present target.

Related threads:
sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=15181021 (QA feedback from Mezirath, no resolution)
sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=13002731
sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1017081

Fleet Ar'kif "Romulan Fleet" material
When customizing the Fleet Ar'kif, the "Romulan Fleet" material is missing from the dropdown menu. This makes it so that we cannot customize the Fleet Ar'kif in the ship tailor and retain the Fleet skin look which it initially comes with.

Suggested fix: Add the "Romulan Fleet" material to the Material dropdown menu for the Fleet Ar'kif Tactical Carrier Warbird Retrofit.

Related threads:
sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1024671
sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=992611
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    neok182neok182 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Bumping this up.

The Annihilation beam may take some time to fix, but the missing fleet material on the arkif is a 30 second fix and there's no excuse why that can't be in the patch tomorrow, if not then by next week.
    ACCESS DENIED
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ill be upgrading to fleet ar'kif in a week its great to know its buged what a shock:eek:
    the ar'kif lights are buged when u use its tac console n there have known about it for time.
    There not going to fix the Ar'kif bugs because its not made them loads of cash like some other ships. There had to add a hanger to it to get ppl to buy it in the 1st place
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    mscowboymscowboy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    umaeko wrote: »

Annihilation Beam
    This console-given power cuts off in mid-use. The main causes for this is that the toggable power cuts off due to drops in latency combined with the use of many other powers, fooling the game into thinking the power was prematurely toggled off.

I just got my shiny new arkif working today after a fair amount of work, and it took me all of 2 stfs to be so fed up with this that I had to take to the internet and see what others have said about it.

I mean, WOW, this is bad. This is one of the very few unique consoles I would want to actually use, but its completely unusable unless they fix this.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    While I admit it does tend to cancel use from time to time, for me it still has a 80-90% success rate of working correctly.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    manicwintermanicwinter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have the same problem with mine. Just cuts off for no apparent reason.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The game suffers from way too much UI/network latency. I suspect that if the beam was changed to no longer be a toggle it would cut the complaints in half at minimum.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    squitosquito Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    While I admit it does tend to cancel use from time to time, for me it still has a 80-90% success rate of working correctly.
    The problem is that there's not supposed to be '10-20%' at all!
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    squito wrote: »
    The problem is that there's not supposed to be '10-20%' at all!

Yes I am quite aware of that, but until they can narrow it down for a fix I can live with it.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    zebulaanzebulaan Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just bumping up. I' ve spent a lot of ZEN to see my fleet ar'kala flying around.
    Implement the ship material to the ship tailor!