test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Joininf a Fleet

dwaynedwillisdwaynedwillis Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Ok. I'll admit it.

It has been forever since I have played. I want to join a fleet. How do I do it?
Vice Admiral Dwayne D. Willis
Post edited by dwaynedwillis on

Comments

• ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ok. I'll admit it.

It has been forever since I have played. I want to join a fleet. How do I do it?

You ask someone to invite you into a fleet you're interested in (or just some random one, if you ask in zone chat)
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Several ways...
    • Beam to ESD and look for recruitment SPAM in zone chat
    • Press O -> Find Fleet and look through the list
    • Go look in the board a few sections down... (Fleet Administrative Station) Lots of fleets there recruiting.
    • If you're lazy and/or like small fleets Join mine (send /tell @anazonda, or /tell @Capt.Ashcraft, in the game)
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Search for the "Fleet Administrative Station" part of the forum (either ESD, Qo'nos or New Romulus part, accoridng to what you are looking for).
    If you don't find a fleet that interest you, you can start a post there, and say what you are looking for, why, and what you think you will give to the fleet.
    I found my fleet that way, and they are cool.

Be sure to know what you need to do to unlock access to the fleet goodies like the stores.

Be careful with fleets that spam in ESD and never accept a random invite. Most of them are little less than scam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    Be careful with fleets that spam in ESD and never accept a random invite. Most of them are little less than scam.

Have to disagree there. Nothing wrong with random invites, I found some great fleets that way and since I assumed leadership of my two fleets I've done most of my recruiting that way.

All you have to remember is that you can leave at any time if you aren't happy, and if you are unsure don't donate to projects till you have decided if you are gonna stick around.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • ericshatnerericshatner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How do you scam someone with a fleet invite?

I've joined all my fleets that way, and left some only to be recruited by a different fleet the same way. It's actually a great method of recruitment. Sure you get a lot of people who go inactive. We let anyone who stays active hang around and lots of people choose to stay. Some leave, but at least they are informed of exactly what they are leaving. I've never understood why some people need to be 'convinced' to join a fleet. Joining and then deciding what to do is obviously a way better process for making an informed decision.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I've joined all my fleets that way, and left some only to be recruited by a different fleet the same way. It's actually a great method of recruitment. Sure you get a lot of people who go inactive. We let anyone who stays active hang around and lots of people choose to stay. Some leave, but at least they are informed of exactly what they are leaving. I've never understood why some people need to be 'convinced' to join a fleet. Joining and then deciding what to do is obviously a way better process for making an informed decision.

Exactly. If you don't like it, leave.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2014

They join a fleet, are promised to unlock the store at X donations (when they have a promise). They start donating, and never get the store unlock.

Or, they find a fleet, participate, and once the vault is full, they are kicked.

Nothing new.

Sure, they leave, but it's a waste of time, and money. While the fleet leader keep spamming random invite all over the place, and never care.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ericshatnerericshatner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've never experienced that. I've never even heard of it, and I've been playing since beta.

I have heard of fleet leaders dumping out all of their members when the starbase hit tier 5, but I have no idea what recruitment strategy they used. I doubt there is any correlation between recruitment strategy and fleet leader behaviour.