test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reasons why Star Trek is better than star wars:

2»

Comments

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Actually it does have a series. Six seasons of the clone wars anyone? I'm watching it right now.

Also:

Clone Wars- 3 series
    The Clone Wars- 6 series
    Droids- 1 series
    Ewoks- 2 series

Plus 2 Ewok live action films.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What does air time have to do with quality?

Exactly. Threshold anyone? Sub Rosa? These Are The Voyages?
  • lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Star Trek is enjoyable, but they talk too much and yet they have allowed for more humor then Star Wars, but you still have to put up with the shameful Orion scenes, at least in Star Wars you only had to deal with it once in Jabba's Palace, Leia was still highly intelligent and could fight along side the other commandos! They didn't give her a helpless personality and I liked they made a strong and inspiring female character for us. I think for Star Trek they could have done a better job with Janeway, they had a chance to give us a strong and inspiring female character, but instead assigned a lame writer for her. >.> Lwaxana Troy is still my favorite, of all of them. She was too cool to take orders, she was royalty in how she carried herself and her position, but still took the time to tease a bossy stiff like Picard, I loved her humor! Even Mr Hom, her attendant, was so ugly he was cute. :P

More Trek movies doesn't really mean quality, most of them put me to sleep, I never could finish the Motion Picture! I own both versions of the original Star Wars!! The Star Trek tv shows where more fun, the shows Star Wars came up with where horrible! I never could get into Clone Wars because of the lousy character art, Cartoon Network could get away with that, but not something with Lucas's budget!!!!! They totally should have hired the art team from Final Fantasy!

Videogames, I never played any other Star Trek games other then STO, I have played Kotor 1 & 2, they where epic! I'm F2p for both STO and SWTOR, STO has more giveaways and freedom, yet they lack the level of story's to support something to draw you into the game more, TOR's seems to be limitless, it takes longer to level because your emersed into an massive world with what seems like limitless storys to enjoy like in interactive novel, you can even change the ending to that story by your decisions, STO's are all written in to one end. STO relys more on the players in Foundry to give more story lines, but it still lacks the cinematic edge and voice acting of TOR.

So I would guess it balances out for the games, I love TOR's story's better but I love STO's goodies and willing ness to allow for more unlocks for F2P players, so I think both games are worth it equally and I still enjoy them. This one is tied!

Powers and weapons> Star Wars!! You can shoot lightning and use light sabers! I have a Wizard on my account. I'm not fan of guns and tech specifically, I love magic and fantasy, Star Wars wins on that for me.

Ok the tally for me, I prefer Star Wars. It's fast paced to keep me awake, if they have to talk politics, it's quick. They have more dramatic romances, I totally teared up when Anakin and Padme where alone thinking about each other during Episode 3's Sith takeover. Star Wars Movies are better. Star Trek shows are better, they used real people and didn't rely on cheap art in the newer ones. The games are equal overall in most parts, and it's still balances out in what they offer. But I think since Star Wars gives more of a fantasy feel to it, I would have to lean towards them more, so I'm choosing Star Wars for my pick of a Science Fiction if any.
    Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    star wars is action-based and star trek is cerebral...... unrelated, both are elements similar to what you might want in a life partner
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Star Trek is not better than Star Wars, they are both good in different ways.
    Having more media exposure is not necessarily a sign of greater success, many of those movies had bare bones budgets, some were near disasters and the multiple spawn of television series were milking a cash cow, perhaps to death with the cancellation of Enterprise. At that point it could well have been it for Star Trek.
    I like Science fiction, any science fiction, Star Wars has things that Star Trek lacks just as Star Trek has things that Star Wars lacks. I like robots that look like actual machines, or really alien looking aliens, not just some guy in makeup. I like seeing a setting where technology has plateaued and even the most advanced technology is ancient, not all shiny plastic and squeaky clean. There are other things I could bring up but those are what stand out for me.
    It is really stupid to make comparisons to decide which one is better, only foaming at the mouth raging fanatics engage in that kind of nonsense and it does nothing but bring scorn and ridicule on anyone who simply enjoys these franchises.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hawku001x wrote: »
    star wars is action-based and star trek is cerebral...... unrelated, both are elements similar to what you might want in a life partner

I actually prefer trek because the discussions like the prime directive, and the imagination of finding new cultures and how to approach them as explorers. if its as u say and thats what we are looking for our equal through our entertainment...i might be in danger of ending up with a female ben stein =U.U=
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    catstarsto wrote: »
    I actually prefer trek because the discussions like the prime directive, and the imagination of finding new cultures and how to approach them as explorers. if its as u say and thats what we are looking for our equal through our entertainment...i might be in danger of ending up with a female ben stein =U.U=

do not take home a female version of that lol
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hawku001x wrote: »
    do not take home a female version of that lol

sometimes they find u =O.O=
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Star Trek and Star Wars too different of media for Sci-Fi. One is more like a continuos storyline of one common good where as the other one is more like old folklore with good vs evil tail. I prefer Star Trek over Star Wars, really can't get into the folklore of that movie story, just something about the way it was told. Where as Star Trek you know the storyline you now who and what it's all about.

Star Trek
    The Needs of the Many Outweigh the Needs of the Few, Live long and prosper.

Star Wars
    Use the force and let go, May the Force be with you, always.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • stodatapiocardstodatapiocard Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Some cons with ST:

Voyager was OK.
    ENT was garbage
    One too many books...
    Some cons with SW:

Episodes: I, I, III should be flushed down a solid latinum waste disposal unit...
    Someone needs to travel back in time to get rid of SW:TCW
    Waaaay to many books
    Darth Maul came back? even MORE garbage...
    Everything works like magic... No wonder Disney bought it....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Darth Maul came back? even MORE garbage...

Darth Maul was too interesting of a character to be "killed" in Phantom Menace. He should have been a recurring character. Although, the worst part IMO in the new Star Wars trilogy was Anakin killing everyone in the Jedi Temple. There are better ways to show him joining the Dark Side than going homicidal on a bunch of kids. Personally, I prefer the road to hell is paved with good intentions route.
  • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey now, if you're gonna bash star wars, at least have all the info. Star wars also had an animated series called droids. And the ewok adventure movie. Unfortunately for star trek, star wars also had a lot more character development. While Luke and Han underwent personal transformations throughout all 3 movies, worf and Picard remained as they were from episode one to the final, and the same can be said for every other star trek series.
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ghyudt wrote: »
    Hey now, if you're gonna bash star wars, at least have all the info. Star wars also had an animated series called droids. And the ewok adventure movie. Unfortunately for star trek, star wars also had a lot more character development. While Luke and Han underwent personal transformations throughout all 3 movies, worf and Picard remained as they were from episode one to the final, and the same can be said for every other star trek series.

Ahem, Worf underwent a great deal of change from TNG to DS9, and Data developed a lot as well.

Also, Jadzia/Ezri Dax, Bashir, B'elana Torres, Odo, Kira, Nog, Jake and Sisko. They all underwent changes throughout the series.