test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Poor availability of Romulan marks.

rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
Im dismayed at how hard it is to get a handful of Romulan marks. Omega rep gives 75per stf for 10\15 mins work you have to go through hoops just to get 20 or so Rom marks and thats under optimal conditions. Its now time in light of all the new reputation grinds introduced to increase the Romulan reputation rewards to the same level of Omega and im NOT talking about nerfbatting Omega either.
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
Post edited by rustiswordz on

Comments

• senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Completely agreed.

Romulans totally lack battle zones or any queue content that reliably rewards high amounts of marks for completion, like STF's or the new Undine content.
  • realwildblurealwildblu Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Collecting a HUGE amount of Romulan Marks is actually pretty easy ... once you set up the assignment chain.

http://underthehills.blogspot.com/2014/03/reflections-on-chasing-space-bunnies.html
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hn, ever since they added the bonus mark daily...just doing tau dewa gets me 115 each day per 20 hours...yes that is nothing compared to nasty epohh burger making or 5-10 minutes ESTFs, buts its still decent..and ca make a good chunk of EC too....but even then it takes forever compared to the rest of the reps (except maybe nukara...only time i get marks from there is if i do CE)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • emarosa26emarosa26 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nakura marks are pretty hard to get a hold of too. There's never anyone doing the STFs for them.

Collecting a HUGE amount of Romulan Marks is actually pretty easy ... once you set up the assignment chain.

http://underthehills.blogspot.com/2014/03/reflections-on-chasing-space-bunnies.html

Does this take long? I do love the idea of that though. Romulan marks are the worst to try and get. I REALLY dislike Romulan missions. They're so repetitive.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Romulan Marks are actually quite easy to get. How? Epohh Tagging.

I didn't figure it out for quite some time, but as soon as I did, it was a walk in the park. An Adult Epohh will turn in for 400 Romulan Marks. If you turn them in during the Bonus Marks Event, you get 600. I've four (or five) Epohh's stored and ready to turn in during the next event.

All you need is patience.
    emarosa26 wrote: »
    Nakura marks are pretty hard to get a hold of too. There's never anyone doing the STFs for them.
    This. Out of all the Marks available, Nukara are the least easy to acquire.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    Romulan Marks are actually quite easy to get. How? Epohh Tagging.

I didn't figure it out for quite some time, but as soon as I did, it was a walk in the park. An Adult Epohh will turn in for 400 Romulan Marks. If you turn them in during the Bonus Marks Event, you get 600. I've four (or five) Epohh's stored and ready to turn in during the next event.

All you need is patience.

This!!

This is the only way I collect Romulan Marks. I used to also do the Romulan patrol missions, but only when I was in team with my fleet mates since its more fun that way. Now that they have their Rom rep done.. they hardly do that more so I reply on Epohh!
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is the only way I collect Romulan Marks. I used to also do the Romulan patrol missions, but only when I was in team with my fleet mates since its more fun that way. Now that they have their Rom rep done.. they hardly do that more so I reply on Epohh!
    I didn't think those missions could be done in a team... You can't share the mission.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You must be doing it wrong. I get plenty of marks. Actually I'm getting my Romulan Rep stuff done faster than before. Specially with the daily reward box. That alone gives a nice small boost. To me its on par with the Dyson. As I'm moving along that one fast as well.

Romulan and Dyson is the best 2 out there. You get story, easy grind, and nice gear. Where the others offer no story, and rewards that I can easily pass by.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes, there needs to be another space PVE/STF that earns 90 RM if you beat it on elite with the optional.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It really depends on how you play the game, for me Dyson is the easiest (and most fun) with Undine & Nukara being right behind it, Romulan & Omega are the ones that take forever to get marks on.

Nukara is like Dyson, you need to get your TRIBBLE out of your ship and do some ground pounding, a couple of hours of mindless violence can get you several hundred marks easy.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    I didn't think those missions could be done in a team... You can't share the mission.

The Romulan patrol missions can be done by teams. With a lot more opponents.
    Sorry, but I don't get the complaints in this thread. Romulan patrols give 60 marks (now even 115 with the daily reward box). for 15 minutes of shooting ships that can barely fight back. That's more than enough to get through the rep and a good basis for grinding for gear (not that Romrep has much that is worth grinding).
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've just done Vault Ensnared. Now this has to be a bug but guess how many Romulan marks I got for this?

No bear in mind that the team managed to complete the bonus.

Scroll down.

Yes you read that correctly, three, three, BLOODY THREE!!! thats with the bonus completed in time.

You have got to be massivly kidding, seriously this is just a pure send up, an insult to those who loyally grind.

Three. I cant believe it Three.... im going for a bloody walk. :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bejaymac wrote: »
    It really depends on how you play the game, for me Dyson is the easiest (and most fun) with Undine & Nukara being right behind it, Romulan & Omega are the ones that take forever to get marks on.

Nukara is like Dyson, you need to get your TRIBBLE out of your ship and do some ground pounding, a couple of hours of mindless violence can get you several hundred marks easy.
    Omega takes forever ? Really ???
    1 ISE, 5minutes, 115 marks + BNP. I can't see how it could be faster.

Omega is easier, both for marks and for BNP. And you also earn dil + piece of gear. There is a reason why those are the most played queued missions.

Romulan is very annoying. Unless you do the bunnies. Avoid the queued missions. Too long, unrewarding.

Nukara is pretty easy if you know what to do. Either with CE, or by doing the kill the general ground mission (10m, ~50marks, and that was before the daily). However, don't do the crashed ship ground mission, a pug will not be able to complete it. Avoid the other queued missions. Same reasons as Romulan rep.

Dyson is annoying if you grind the queued mission. They take too much time for not enough. Play the space daily quickly for marks (I used to do the random daily in the allied zone quickly), and battlezone to buy the gear.

Undine, you just have to capture a single point of the space battlezone every 2 days, and you're set (65 marks with daily). Then, you can complete it for more. And you have the ground mission, which is easy, with unmissable optionals, and fast. Avoid the queued space missions, like the Undine assault. They are annoying (bubbles, bubbles everywhere !), and reward too little.

In the end, you always have to avoid queued content (except for a few ones, and the borg STF). Cryptic is so scared to give too much in queued content, they make them unrewarding and far too long for the reward. They come pre-nerfed to oblivion. Mission like the Vault ensnared or azure rescue are totally useless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Indeed epohh's is the one and "only" reliable way to gain a fair amount of Romulan marks beyond the daily bonus.
    Which takes time to set up and get going before you can actually cash in anything.

Nukara is so ridiculously easy as you can just farm CEE every 30 minutes pretty much for "guaranteed" 60 marks at a time.

Most Romulan queues demand near perfect teamwork to really pay off at all, and a weak link can easily pull down heavily on the number of marks you get.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Im dismayed at how hard it is to get a handful of Romulan marks. Omega rep gives 75per stf for 10\15 mins work you have to go through hoops just to get 20 or so Rom marks and thats under optimal conditions. Its now time in light of all the new reputation grinds introduced to increase the Romulan reputation rewards to the same level of Omega and im NOT talking about nerfbatting Omega either.

Well, i disagree.

Romulan marks are so easy to get, that its almost ridiculous. Maybe the only problem is you need more time than any other rep, but you have plenty of ways to gather romulan marks, through queues, through radiation reports, through patrol missions, through new romulus (you have dozens of ways to gather romulan marks there, even reports that you can turn in doff assignments), romulan reputation was the first reputation i completed and was really really easy. It is still really easy now.

You cant get as much marks as in the omega rep for the same time?? well, that is intended. New romulus is the easier reputation, but it takes a little more effort. And not always, if you make eppoh research, for example.

As you see, you will not find so many ways to gather any type of reputation marks. Sometimes i dont understand you guys lol.

And stop asking for a romulan battlezone, New Romulus is a relazed zone, that was the idea, we dont need a battlezone there.

And other thing, stop trying to do everyting in the less time possible. Sometimes its better to enjoy what you doing and thats all, everything will come sooner or later. The problem is you guys want thousands of marks in 5 minutes, lol. That wont happen in new romulus, as i said is intended.

Who starts complaining about how hard is to get enough romulan marks.. well, i dont think he played the game enough. Or he doesnt have a clue.
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes you read that correctly, three, three, BLOODY THREE!!! thats with the bonus completed in time.

You have got to be massivly kidding, seriously this is just a pure send up, an insult to those who loyally grind.

Three. I cant believe it Three.... im going for a bloody walk. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I know that before Season Nine went live, it tended to award marks to players in an unconventional manner, with one box containing (I think) thirty marks, and the other one containing the bonus marks and often containing 3-6 mark. You may have somehow failed to get the "main" box and only got the "bonus" one.
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, i disagree.

Romulan marks are so easy to get, that its almost ridiculous. Maybe the only problem is you need more time than any other rep, but you have plenty of ways to gather romulan marks, through queues, through radiation reports, through patrol missions, through new romulus (you have dozens of ways to gather romulan marks there, even reports that you can turn in doff assignments), romulan reputation was the first reputation i completed and was really really easy. It is still really easy now.

You cant get as much marks as in the omega rep for the same time?? well, that is intended. New romulus is the easier reputation, but it takes a little more effort. And not always, if you make eppoh research, for example.

As you see, you will not find so many ways to gather any type of reputation marks. Sometimes i dont understand you guys lol.

And stop asking for a romulan battlezone, New Romulus is a relazed zone, that was the idea, we dont need a battlezone there.

And other thing, stop trying to do everyting in the less time possible. Sometimes its better to enjoy what you doing and thats all, everything will come sooner or later. The problem is you guys want thousands of marks in 5 minutes, lol. That wont happen in new romulus, as i said is intended.

Who starts complaining about how hard is to get enough romulan marks.. well, i dont think he played the game enough. Or he doesnt have a clue.

Did you read my above post? i did a Romulan Vault Ensnared for just 3 marks with all conditions met. I'll get my space set in about 100 years at that rate.
    edited May 2014
    Did you read my above post? i did a Romulan Vault Ensnared for just 3 marks with all conditions met. I'll get my space set in about 100 years at that rate.

Relax. And read what it says on the title of the thread. I was answering to that and your first post.

If snared is bugged dont do it, and you still will have millions of ways to gather romulan marks.

You need to get used to some bugged missions and things like that. At this point, i am. So if you cant do that mission, do something else. Is that so hard?

I still dont see the reason of your "complain".

By the way, you know that the first time of the day you gather reputation marks, you get a bonus reward , right?? so, if you do, for example, the patrol tau dewa, that grants you 60 romulan makrs, you will get as well 55 more. Total of more than 100 romulan marks for about 15 minutes, yea there are faster ways to get even more, but seriously?? why the hurry?..

Difficult to gather reputation marks?? please...
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I go to Nukara prime and do the ground missions to get a lot of Nukara marks fast. Then, while they are on cool down, I will queue for space missions that give Romulan marks. If it offers choice of marks, I go with the Romulan marks.

Fleet marks are so easy to get on Defara quickly. Omega, Dyson, and Undine are easy to get with the STFs, and battlezones.

PSo, since Romulan marks are the hardest to get quickly, I focus on them when I have a choice of marks. During the Mirror event, that was all I picked, and when I turned in the mirror project for 75,000 Dilithium, I got Romulan marks from it also. That put me over 2000 total marks for Romulan.

There are ways to get them, it just takes a long time for it. I am going to be doing the Ephoh farming though so that when the bonus marks weekend is here I can turn them in.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • gurugeorgegurugeorge Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I used to think this, until I discovered the Tau Dewa daily patrol, it's fun, easy and quick.
  • zbzznzbzzn Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nukara was the first reputation event that I completed and acquired all of the gear for. It really is easy once you're properly equipped for it and you can alternate between the outdoor and indoor missions to get a constant stream of marks. It is also quite fun and seems to bring out impromptu teamwork more so than other ground-based grinds because of the types of goals for each mission overlap in helpful ways.

The Romulan stuff has been more time consuming, but I don't mind at all. I love running around on New Romulus because it's just so breathtaking and calming. The journey truly is its own reward there.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ya'll already know my POV on this. Just making the post for posterity's sake. :P
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
    edited May 2014
    gurugeorge wrote: »
    I used to think this, until I discovered the Tau Dewa daily patrol, it's fun, easy and quick.

Actually it is not "quick", but it doesnt take excesive time anyways. But when i need romulan marks, this is what i do, the first reputation mark run of the day, and i get 60+55. I think 100 romulan marks for the time it takes the tau dewa patrol mission is more than enough.. besides, you can farm a lot in it, at the same time it is like a foundry farming mission lol. And plus, you make the radiation report mission, you can even gather more radiation reports to exchange em for romulan marks.

I mean, there is no reason to complain, really. Of course there will be always people that wants to finish the reputations on 3 days, or gather 1000 romulan marks in 15 minutes. :P
    edited May 2014
    zbzzn wrote: »

The Romulan stuff has been more time consuming, but I don't mind at all. I love running around on New Romulus because it's just so breathtaking and calming. The journey truly is its own reward there.

Same here. I love New Romulus because of that.

But it is sad to see that people doesnt care anymore about the game itself, just to gather everything as fast as they can.. :(, anyways, i cant blame em, its cryptic that made the game this way.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Same here. I love New Romulus because of that.

But it is sad to see that people doesnt care anymore about the game itself, just to gather everything as fast as they can.. :(, anyways, i cant blame em, its cryptic that made the game this way.
    I'm sorry, but I never had fun spamming F key to gather flowers and water in a videogame. No matter the surroundings.
    I don't need to kill things per say, but something more entertaining than pushing F everytime I see the button, that's not difficult. Even pong is more fun.

As for the reward itself, 5marks per quest (or is it 15 ?), and the awesome reward of 1 (read one) mark when you are lucky enough to gather 10 unusual (and uncommon) rock/plant. Pretty sure that was Cryptic way to troll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • exa12exa12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014

what about Azure Nebula Rescue, 15 mins a run, for both Rom + Nukara, with the daily bonus

for spoiler text use #1b1c1f
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Does this take long? I do love the idea of that though. Romulan marks are the worst to try and get. I REALLY dislike Romulan missions. They're so repetitive.

Just my 2 cents...

Nukara wasn't thought out well and there is still a massive lack of diversity in ways of getting them. Yeah, there's choice of marks, but it's rarely enough. New Romulus was too repetitive with the same missions dressed different in different areas. These issues will NEVER be resolved. It's a grind--meaning you toil and work at it like a second job to get anywhere.

TRIBBLE in and moaning about how horribly it was implemented isn't going to make it better. And it isn't going to make the Devs care.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    Omega takes forever ? Really ???
    1 ISE, 5minutes, 115 marks + BNP. I can't see how it could be faster.

Omega is easier, both for marks and for BNP. And you also earn dil + piece of gear. There is a reason why those are the most played queued missions.

There are a lot of players that wont touch grouped content or the queues, so for us the only place to get Omega marks is Defera, and before S9 you were looking at busting your TRIBBLE for an hour to get 20 - 30 marks, I'd sooner have all of my teeth filled than grind that map for marks.
  • comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nukura marks are easy to acquire. Crystalline Entity gives Nukura marks, and is ever hour or 1/2 hour. And go run the the easy and medium missions on Nakura Prime for 100 Marks a run ever few minutes.

Romulan Marks are hard, but easier now witht he daily benefit of 55.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    One more thing to consider is using reputation mark boosters, they are available on the exchange.

If you just want to level up a reputation without wanting more than a console from it, it's easy for all of them. People already posted how. The rep revamp also made the reps fairly cheap. If you use a sponsor token, you only need 625 marks for the complete rep. That's less than a week to get those marks if you play ISE once each day.