test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

General Rant

boby0311boby0311 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Season 9 is out, updated uniforms, better skin textures, new ships, new gear, new content, new lock boxes, ESD is no longer a giant circle and nerfed reputation system. Great! goods and bads, cheers and complaints is about what you would expect from every new season release. I am sure there has already be many a post about this but consider this my personal rant.

New content is all fun and good but what ever happened to fixing the content you have already released. Reputation uniforms still broken across many characters. The grand Romulan release some odd seasons ago still has 1 Bridge layout. How hard would it be to take the exact same layout as the current one, move some consoles, recolor the interior and release it as a 3 pack bundle on the Z-store. Come on cryptic, easy money and people will buy it I promise you. Also the crafting system in the game has been a long going joke for how many years now? Im sure there as tons of other gripes and complaints about things that have not been either fixed or improved. I not saying cryptic is not doing a good job on what they have released but I would pass up a season release of content just to have some of the basics improved. Instead I find myself logging features of the game as something that will be broken and never fixed because i keep telling myself that they will surely fix it next season.

Insert general complaints, criticism, rantings or agreements below. Good Day
Post edited by boby0311 on

Comments

• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hello Generel Rant glad to see you. Commodore Whine and Admiral Doom missed you. You also missed the good admirals graduation ceremony where he obtained his doctorate.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    My My! but when will we be having tea I am wondering? Please enlighten this poor soul with your abundant wisdom yee master of sarcasm and intelligent forum posting. Good night to you sir! Now move along little one, your scaring the fish.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    boby0311 wrote: »
    My My! but when will we be having tea I am wondering? Please enlighten this poor soul with your abundant wisdom yee master of sarcasm and intelligent forum posting. Good night to you sir! Now move along little one, your scaring the fish.

I wasn't especially trying to be sarcastic although maybe a little bit but I can see how my earlier comment can be taken as such.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    westx211 wrote: »
    Hello Genereal Rant glad to see you. Commodore Wine and Admiral Doom missed you. You also missed the good admirals graduation ceremony where he obtained his doctorate.

Whine not wine. General not Genereal. Misspelling hurts being witty. ;)
    And you left out Major Nerf. Now he's sad.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Whine not wine. General not Genereal. Misspelling hurts being witty. ;)
    And you left out Major Nerf. Now he's sad.

Major Nerf has always been at odds with the good General so he was glad to see him missing.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Major Nerf and Colonel Buff are too busy arguing over the state of the Undine STF's. It's likely they won't notice our little party for another few weeks...
  • Options
    mozohamozoha Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ha ha, good stuff.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Nerfs Chapel

I laughed for 20 minutes. :I
  • Options
    admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I laughed for 20 minutes. :I

Pretty impressive given the 3 mins between that post and your reply. :P

I'd like to borrow your time machine.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Pretty impressive given the 3 mins between that post and your reply. :P

I'd like to borrow your time machine.

Voporak took it back. :(
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Voporak took it back. :(

At least its fixed. For now...
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    My Lord, Ive created a monster! What have I done? Pass the chips by the way...
  • Options
    humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    General Lee Absent is on holiday at the moment, but sends his best wishes. He has ordered Colonel Buff to take command, replacing Major Nerf for the foreseeable future. Major Nerf is to be court-martialled and sent to a place where the sun does not shine.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You forgot Dr Butthurt. He's busy soothing that hurt butt.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    You forgot Dr Butthurt. He's busy soothing that hurt butt.

He's going to be busy with that for awhile...
  • Options
    zurganuszurganus Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is possibly the best thread I have seen in a while...totally derailed but in a good way! :D
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    boby0311 wrote: »
    Season 9 is out, updated uniforms, better skin textures, new ships, new gear, new content, new lock boxes, ESD is no longer a giant circle and nerfed reputation system. Great! goods and bads, cheers and complaints is about what you would expect from every new season release. I am sure there has already be many a post about this but consider this my personal rant.

New content is all fun and good but what ever happened to fixing the content you have already released. Reputation uniforms still broken across many characters. The grand Romulan release some odd seasons ago still has 1 Bridge layout. How hard would it be to take the exact same layout as the current one, move some consoles, recolor the interior and release it as a 3 pack bundle on the Z-store. Come on cryptic, easy money and people will buy it I promise you. Also the crafting system in the game has been a long going joke for how many years now? Im sure there as tons of other gripes and complaints about things that have not been either fixed or improved. I not saying cryptic is not doing a good job on what they have released but I would pass up a season release of content just to have some of the basics improved. Instead I find myself logging features of the game as something that will be broken and never fixed because i keep telling myself that they will surely fix it next season.

Insert general complaints, criticism, rantings or agreements below. Good Day

shortly after season 7 was released there was a few threads regarding what players wanted from seson 8 like new missions, enemy, yada, yada, yada. nobody mentioned bugs or fixes.

a couple of months later i see a thread regarding bugs and i said in reply if after season 8 is released we should hold off on requesting new stuff for season 9 and just ask for bug fixes and overhalls of existing content like pvp crafting ect.

shortly after season 8 was released low and behold there was a few threads regarding what players wanted from seson 9 like new missions, enemy, yada, yada, yada. nobody mentioned bugs or fixes, i repeated my comment about only asking for bug fixes ect but it was again ignored.

i thought i bet after season 9 is released i will see threads regarding what players wanted from season 10 like new missions, enemy, yada, yada, yada.
    i will admit now i was wrong - i see that exact thread even before season 9 was released.

when will people learn that if they ask for new content they will get new content, but if they flood the forum asking for nothing but bug fixes ect we might just get somewhere.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Urgent message for General Rant- Major Woody and Private Parts have gone AWOL! Major Disaster is scrambling the MPs, and we've got Nerfs Chapel on standby but we don't know how this is liable to turn out.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    only real rant i have is about human female heads and specific complexions, especially around the eyes, the whole thing looks half baked to be honest.

hopefully it will get another look at when time permits.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I do believe Cryptic devs ain't forgetting your costumes and ain't forgetting all other stuff you mentioned be patient little one just be patient.

Side from repairing stuff I'm surprised there were so little new bugs to find and most already taken care off, it's a lot of work for the devs, but they already knew this and I wonder it will go any faster with more threads like these. I just doubt it sir.

So I suggest to sit back and enjoy the ride uh game !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    only real rant i have is about human female heads and specific complexions, especially around the eyes, the whole thing looks half baked to be honest.

hopefully it will get another look at when time permits.

Agreed human woman look like hell in the game like they haven't much off a sleep... :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."