test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Breach, undine assault and viscous cycle after S9

aramyllaramyll Member Posts: 149 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So I went back into Breach Elite after S9 begun. and I have to say what the hell did Cryptic do to it. The Node areas on the surface of the ships are TRIBBLE now, the range on the turrets is now between 14-15km and the chroniton torpedoes do between 15-45k per hit. Also attacking the fake core in the secondary chamber is now doing insane damage. I have a nicor bio ship and got hit by the feedback of destroying the core. Now prior to S9 that might have done 5-10% hull damage. But after S9 it killed me in 3 seconds. Is this working as intended ???

This is killing the Breach queues cause no one wants to do Breach Elite anymore cause the second u go up against the turrets and the bulwark you get insta popped by 4-5 torpedoes and that just isn't fun. Please tone down the turrets and the Bulwark back to how they were prior to S9. I am sure a lot of us would appreciate it.

Another instance issue is the Undine assault and the endless spawning of ships through the rifts. Why do the ships keep spawning every 3 seconds ????? In any lane where the dreadnaught spawns you will be instantly screwed because by the time you start to kill the damn thing you are completely surrounded, not to mention the dumb TRIBBLE spamming of the fluidic rifts and the sludge puddles that last over a minute, and the command ships lack of intelligence where it simply sits in the rift till it dies. I have had moments as well where I clear the middle rift and the command ship simply stops moving forward, completely bugging the instance and not allowing you to complete it. This gets increasingly frustrating if its the last lane left to push up.

In viscous cycle LOS issues are rampant, if you are a cannon build ship it is frustratingly difficult to attack the planet killers, due to the ebb and flow in the instance. One second you are able to hit it the next you cant because ur are slightly out of LOS. It would be nice if once you deploy the commandoes that you can free fire n the planet killer without having to align urself in the right spot. I know this isn't much of an issue for beam boats, but for cannons builds specially DHC's its a pain in the TRIBBLE.

Recap issues

Breach Elite:
1. Turrets doing 15-45k dmg per hit
2. Turret spam at 14-15km range
3. Bulwark doing twice as much dmg than before S9
4. Fake core doing massive damage enough to 1 shot ships.
Undine Assault:
1. Endless waves, ships spawn every 3-5
2. Fluidic Grav well lasting over a min and being spammed
3. Dreadnaught has over 500k life severely slowing down ability to chain combos for additional marks.
4. Command ship Ai being faulty, will not move out of rifts. And will sometimes stop moving all together not allowing you to finish the instance.

Viscous Cycle:
1. LOS, the ebb and flow causes cannon builds to become out of line of sight and unable to attack the planet killers. without having to continuously reposition. Combine that with the fluidic grav well and it is even more annoying trying to reposition. SInce you have such small area to attack being pull, pushed, tugged all over the place makes having cannons a detriment in the instance.

Is it me or is cryptic making the game more and more annoying for cannon build ships. SPecially in pve. After the voth got introduced they had the directional shield, the stealth and engine disable. Now with the undine revamp they have the super grav well, sludge puddles, phase decoupler. This is more a personal gripe than anything but it just makes me feel like cannons are being made more and more detrimental to use over beams.
Post edited by aramyll on

Comments

• dabaddabadabaddaba Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    In Viscous Cycle the planet killer you need to destroy for the optional sometimes doesn't show up. Has anyone noticed this as well?
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited April 2014
    Two things are happening here.

First changes to the trait system means we're working with a smaller subset of options, instead of the 20+ focused on defense. Although the changes are themselves small, they become noticeable when:

Two, the threat has increased by changes to our opponents.

If I were making changes to the game, to add new levels (60 anyone?) and perhaps new weapons (XIII and XIV), I would start by making all encounters after 50 harder - regardless of ship class.

Methinks we're seeing the shape of things to come...