test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Keybind Question

crash490rcrash490r Member Posts: 88 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PvP Gameplay
I'm trying to set up a keybind that ites together 8 abilities with the fire all command, but not having much luck, and I was wondering if anyone could give me a hand with this. Keybinds are not my strong suit.

Here is an image of my power tray. http://oi57.tinypic.com/xoqngh.jpg

Trying to get them in the order of Sensor Analysis, TT1, FAW1, APB1, Fire All, Sensor Scan, Scattering Field, Brace for Impact, then Subspace Field Modulator.

This is the keybind I tried, but couldn't get it to work right.

/bind space "+STOTrayExecByTray 0 3 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 2 0 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 2 1 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 2 2 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 0 7 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 0 6 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 0 3 $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 0 1 $$"

Any help is appreciated.

- Crash
LTS Since 2012
do1ao9.jpg
Post edited by crash490r on

Comments

• notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    http://hilbertguide.com/

Scroll down to "keybinds" and work with that. Namely, using a bind file instead of one console command should fix the issue for you.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • crash490rcrash490r Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    notoryczny wrote: »
    http://hilbertguide.com/

Scroll down to "keybinds" and work with that. Namely, using a bind file instead of one console command should fix the issue for you.

Alright, that worked, although the binds were in reverse order.

So once I get the order right I just hit my spacebar nine times on the target and everything should activate/fire, correct?
    LTS Since 2012
    do1ao9.jpg
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    crash490r wrote: »

So once I get the order right I just hit my spacebar nine times on the target and everything should activate/fire, correct?

Yes, but you should take Sensor Analysis, TT1, APB1, Sensor Scan, Scattering Field, Brace for Impact, and Subspace Field Modulator off of your spacebar bind. These are all situational powers. If you continuously fire them off with no regard to your situation, then you're not going to have those powers when you actually need them or when they could be most useful.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    To get commands to activate in a specific order, use the palindrome trick described in the links below.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Guide:_Keybinds#Ordering
    http://www.ifes.us/HowToKeybind/Star%20Trek%20Online%20Key%20Binds.pdf
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Do you mean that the binds in the file look as if they are in reverse order, or do the abilities actually fire in reverse order when you use that bind? The latter would be weird because the current spacebar.txt is using the trick that frtoaster mentions.
  • crash490rcrash490r Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    skurf wrote: »
    Yes, but you should take Sensor Analysis, TT1, APB1, Sensor Scan, Scattering Field, Brace for Impact, and Subspace Field Modulator off of your spacebar bind. These are all situational powers. If you continuously fire them off with no regard to your situation, then you're not going to have those powers when you actually need them or when they could be most useful.

My problem is I forget to pop them when those situations arise.
    mancom wrote: »
    Do you mean that the binds in the file look as if they are in reverse order, or do the abilities actually fire in reverse order when you use that bind? The latter would be weird because the current spacebar.txt is using the trick that frtoaster mentions.

Yea, I copied the keybind I posted in the OP into the txt file the guide provided and when I fired them off, they were in reverse order. Started with Subspace Field Modulator rather than Tac Team I. I just reversed the order they were in, and all was well.
    LTS Since 2012
    do1ao9.jpg
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My problem is I forget to pop them when those situations arise.
    Well, that's something you need to work on then. Working on this will make you a better player. Putting all those powers in a spacebar bind will make you worse. It's like a basketball player saying he's not very good at dribbling or passing so he just shoots the ball every time he gets it no matter the situation, when what he should be doing is practicing dribbling and passing.

I would recommend putting fire all, balance shields, two copies of EPtS (or EPtS + EPtX if you're using damage control engineers), photonic fleet, and possibly your subsystem targeting on spacebar bind, although I like to have target engines available for certain situations so I don't put those on spacebar bind any more.
  • dirtyharib0dirtyharib0 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The penny has just dropped, the whole space bars online is all hilberts fault.