test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can I turn off Ship Loadouts?

catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
edited November 2014 in The Academy
Can I turn off those darn loadouts? I can't use my new ship because I'm still tinkering with builds, but the loadouts force me to rearrange everything every time.

Even on my main ship, which is pretty stable, I have to change a couple things on the skill tray every time.

I know they want us to buy more loadouts (for 500 Zen?!), but why would I want to buy more when the ones we have don't work properly?
Nessia (KDF Sci)
IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
Post edited by catliketyping on

Comments

• Options
    neppakyoneppakyo Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah I want this abomination gone. I don't use, never wanted, and now it bugs out and ****s up my ****.
    Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Best thing to do is create one, name it something like Default, and keep it updated. That will keep it from stepping on itself.

Do not add another, you cant delete them.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Wait. You can UPDATE the loadouts? I've tried saving over the old ones, and they never take.

Even when I don't have a single loadout, like on my Mirror Negh'var (which I'm forced to use because my KDF Raiders are all out of commission due to broken loadouts), it rearranges my ship's weapons... dumping some into inventory, and leaving empty weapon slots. Not to mention that the skill tray is completely messed up from the last time I used my Mirror Negh'var, and I haven't used it since S9 went live!
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh fun... I knew these loadout things were poorly done and generally just annoying but I had no idea they were THIS bad.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is why I've ignored the entire loadout system. The idea was sound, but the execution was bad.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Wait. You can UPDATE the loadouts? I've tried saving over the old ones, and they never take.
    I resave mine in space, seems to work reliabaly most of the time for the Default saves.

Switching loadouts never works.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Okay, the last time I saved (on my Mirror Negh'var) it seemed to work. Kind of.

Except that my DOFF layout changes every time I go to Ground, and then back up to the ship. I forgot to slot full Technicians for A2B on my Negh'var before I saved the "Default", so it reverts to my prior DOFF setup.

If I just stay in Space, I think it's okay... it's just going to Ground & back that triggers something odd.

EDIT: Also, when I log off the character & log back in, it completely reverts the DOFF layout.

I wish I could simply turn it all off. It is a time waster, not a time saver. The implementation is horrid. And they want us to buy more of them at 500 zen?

EDIT: F*** IT. Okay, 1st ship... B'rel Retrofit. Down with Layout issues. Skill tray completely FUBAR.
    2nd ship... Fleet Hoh'sus. Down with Layout issues. Everything is messed up.
    3rd ship... Mirror Negh'var. Down with Layout issues. DOFF layout keeps reverting.
    4th ship... Vo'quv. No saved Layout, DOFF seating keeps reverting to some other layout that I don't use. WTF? I don't even HAVE a layout on this ship!

F*** it. I'm sticking to Ground.
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014

But the problem is, the loadout system is so messed up that it can throw any random unexpected problem. Because to one player it works perfectly fine, for another, totally the opposite, and with totally different symptoms. Since the day 1 it was broken (the very first day of the release you could see already posts about it) and cryptic never bothered to fix it.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Okay I just did some testing and its completely broken right now. Not remembering DOFFs or powertray. Never really worked right but now its not working at all.

GG cryptic
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah the thing is , i dont even know why cryptic didnt just remove it. They are filling the game with useless and broken features lol. In the end as i said in thousands of post, the game will be just impossible to play.
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Best thing to do is create one, name it something like Default, and keep it updated. That will keep it from stepping on itself.

Do not add another, you cant delete them.

No.. no it won't. It can still bug out. One of my characters is unplayable right now because of attempting this.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    zidanemorzidanemor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Okay I just did some testing and its completely broken right now. Not remembering DOFFs or powertray. Never really worked right but now its not working at all.

GG cryptic

Yeah mines completely ***** as well now, constantly resets to some random setup, like when you first get a ship and assign it BOFF's then enter space with it for the first time, my loadout looks like that on every ship now (even the ones i never gave loadouts..), and keeps resetting to that after joining any queued PvE battle or entering and exiting ESD etc.

Needing to manually remake my loadout after every loading screen, is to much.. Would rather they just removed and reverted to the previous system, aka no system at all, so this wouldn't happen.
  • Options
    bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Only problem I'm having with loadouts is with weapon & shield batteries, sometimes going from space to ground they get dumped into my inventory, but a quick reselect of my loadout puts them back to where they should be.
  • Options
    kagenekoalfakagenekoalfa Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you put your loadout on a cstore ship you can dismiss then reclaim it and the loadouts will be gone. If its a fleet or lockbox ship you are screwed unless you want to buy it again
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Except that my DOFF layout changes every time I go to Ground, and then back up to the ship. I forgot to slot full Technicians for A2B on my Negh'var before I saved the "Default", so it reverts to my prior DOFF setup.
    I've had this behavior even though I don't have ANY loadouts saved, so there should be absolutely nowhere it should even be remembering this. I don't touch the loadout thing because I have a fleet ship, and you can't put loadouts on fleet/lockbox/event ships without permanently damaging them, as there is no way to remove the loadout.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I've had this behavior even though I don't have ANY loadouts saved, so there should be absolutely nowhere it should even be remembering this. I don't touch the loadout thing because I have a fleet ship, and you can't put loadouts on fleet/lockbox/event ships without permanently damaging them, as there is no way to remove the loadout.

Thing is i have almost my entire set of hotbars completely getting reset on ships i havent even got loadouts on, so it can even effect them regardless, though that only started happening to me very recently.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    If you put your loadout on a cstore ship you can dismiss then reclaim it and the loadouts will be gone. If its a fleet or lockbox ship you are screwed unless you want to buy it again

Good idea. I'll have to try that on my B'rel Retrofit. Everything else I use regularly is a mirror ship or my new Fleet ship.

EDIT: Success!
    Dismissing my B'rel Retrofit, and then refitting the ship exactly how I want it to be... this allowed me to get back to my old Transphasic setup. DOFFs appear to be intact... for now.

Moral of the story: never use the loadouts to experiment with new builds, or do anything else, really.
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Good idea. I'll have to try that on my B'rel Retrofit. Everything else I use regularly is a mirror ship or my new Fleet ship.

EDIT: Success!
    Dismissing my B'rel Retrofit, and then refitting the ship exactly how I want it to be... this allowed me to get back to my old Transphasic setup. DOFFs appear to be intact... for now.

Moral of the story: never use the loadouts to experiment with new builds, or do anything else, really.

Just tested this with one of my older c-store ships i no longer use, it does work!

Only problem is i generally only use lobi/lockbox or fleet ships these days.. xD Sooo thats a pain in the TRIBBLE, hope they fix this by letting us kill/delete our existing loadouts or something soon, or just fix the bug that would be nice to!
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2014
    A turn off button would be nice

Until its fixed in season 12
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am not exaggerating when I say the loadout system is ruining STO. Even if you haven't done anything with the loadout system yet and don't have any saved, this game still loads in parts of older builds you might have or just unequips stuff sometimes. Even when I save loadouts its still messes up sometimes. Its not only me, there are usually others on my team spending a few minutes at the start of every match having to reslot skills and gear. Its ridiculous, this feature is broken and should be removed entirely.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ***...sigh...*** What might have been a useful feature once again given short shrift by the dev's. I guess I won't be buying any of these after all... :(
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bejaymac wrote: »
    Only problem I'm having with loadouts is with weapon & shield batteries, sometimes going from space to ground they get dumped into my inventory, but a quick reselect of my loadout puts them back to where they should be.

This happens when you fill the battery stack in the device slot. To prevent it from happening unslot the batteries stack and drag it to the inventory, fill it there and drag it back to the device slot.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,530 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would like to be able to disable this also.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited April 2014

No it won't. That's exactly what I did, and it still keeps de-equipping my batteries and turrets and/or moving them around on the bar. Even if I save every time I'm in space, it still bugs out and moves them around the very next time I transition from a ground to a space map.

And all my boffs still sometimes de-slot as well. Again, with the loadout saved and kept up to date.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Well im pissed, just had to spend over half a game (queued pve, starbase 24 i think it was?) redoing all my hotbars due to it resetting, best part is i didnt notice until i flew into combat, and realised i had nothing bound to my bars anymore x)

Got given an afk penalty for taking to long rebinding.. so cant play for 2 hours due to a bug with this ****** up system. :mad:

/rant *takes deep calming breaths*
  • Options
    atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited April 2014
    zidanemor wrote: »
    Well im pissed, just had to spend over half a game (queued pve, starbase 24 i think it was?) redoing all my hotbars due to it resetting, best part is i didnt notice until i flew into combat, and realised i had nothing bound to my bars anymore x)

Got given an afk penalty for taking to long rebinding.. so cant play for 2 hours due to a bug with this ****** up system. :mad:

/rant *takes deep calming breaths*

Way before loadouts there has been a long standing bug where your boffs would randomly unseat sometimes when you zoned in, usually ins STF's. The only abilities you would have in the right spot were the captain's all others would be gone. Reseating the boffs in the correct seats would *sometimes* fix the keybindings for me. Happens a lot for away team selections too. I actually use loadouts to fix that. Selecting a load out when all my bars blank out on a zone in fixes it.

The point is I dont think loadouts is what is causing your keys to unbind, or at least not everybody. The problems described just sound to much like the boff bug.
  • Options
    atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited April 2014
    Another thing I noticed is when my bank was ~90% full loadout would not work. Not inventory mind you but actual bank. Clearing it down to around 60% got it working for me again. Believe it or not I got that tip from ESD chat. I did hear in the same chat that does not work for everyone.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    atlmykl wrote: »
    Way before loadouts there has been a long standing bug where your boffs would randomly unseat sometimes when you zoned in, usually ins STF's. The only abilities you would have in the right spot were the captain's all others would be gone. Reseating the boffs would fix the keybindings for me. Happens a lot for away team selections too. I actually use loadouts to fix that. Selecting a load out when all my bars blank out on a zone in fixes it.

That is literally the one thing i didnt try, removing all boffs in sector space, then selecting the loadout.

And it worked, it actually seems to be working. Beamed down to DS9 and back to space, then tried the mining asteroid and going back to sector space.
    Seems to be remembering my loadout now.

The hell.

Thanks for posting that, wouldnt have thought to try that, cannot believe thats all it took to fix this!
  • Options
    doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    See my problem now is that I made a relatively new character, and now for some reason every time I enter any sort of system it removes tactical team and fleet support from my skill tray. Every. Single. Time.
  • Options
    remianenremianen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »
    A turn off button would be nice

Until its fixed in season 12

I admire your optimism. Pool in fleet has most people betting on late 20/early 30 (27-32) season.