test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus ZEN Sale! (Now Ended)

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We are happy to announce that from now until Monday, April 28th, 2014 (@ 10AM PDT), players will receive an additional 15% bonus when purchasing ZEN through select payment processors*.

This is the perfect time to buy ZEN as this promo only lasts for a limited time, charge your ZEN today before it warps away!

*Click here for full details.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• notaris7notaris7 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thanks Cpt Smirk! This looks nice.

Are the Zen bonuses always 15%, or are there sometimes higher bonuses?
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have plenty of Zen already, just need regular cstore items to spend it..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I usually only ever buy Zen when it's on sale (and then only buy C-Store items when *they* are on sale - ie double-dipping my discount).

Sadly I got "tricked" (ie I didn't read) the last time and your sale ended (unusually) on a Sunday, so when I bought it Monday morning (thinking it would end at 10am the way most your sales do), I didn't get the sale.

D'oh! Foo on me. :P

I'm glad you went back to the Monday at 10am end-time thing.

Thanks for that.

And thanks for the sale. :)

Not sure if I can afford to buy any Zen this go... I'll have to check my finances.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Right before payday..... God dangit Cryptic! :mad:
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    stomperx99 wrote: »

Exactly what i think, these guys.. lol. so stupid. I guess i will not buy zen, then lol.
  • cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I too consider purchasing Zen when on sale. The sale benefits me & I don't mind contributing to the game financially, from time to time, even though I am a Lifetimer. This time I might pass though. As another posted stated I have plenty of Zen currently too, but sales for items I consider to purchase is what seems more rare.

Again, nice of the sale & I hope it helps many players, but I am more hesitant to purchase this time around till there are better deals to which spend it on.

Good luck & good hunting!
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I bought a PWE card the other day in anticipation of a bonus Zen promo. Now it looks as if the PWE cards aren't part of the promo. Weak!
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i'll buy more zen wehn we get our 150 lobi back from the overpriced undine hand cannon fiasco on s9 d1.
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
    edited April 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    I have plenty of Zen already, just need regular cstore items to spend it..

Can you give me some?? :D
  • neppakyoneppakyo Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So I guess it doesnt apply to Perfect world prepaid cards?
    Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh, too bad I'm broke. And theres nothing I want to buy. :rolleyes:
  • titanforce1titanforce1 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    "Note: This bonus ZEN offer is not applicable wit qh any other promotional coupon"

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3043293 Is the Link.

After clicking on the link near the bottom...Do people even use spell check anymore?

I am a horrible speller, but I am careful at work.
  • blackmail67blackmail67 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I bought Zen early today just before the offer came out am i going to get the extra?
  • ghostsights28ghostsights28 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Really should extend this sale until pay day that way I can buy a bit of Zen instead of setting me up for failure, lol.
    A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.

George S. Patton
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yes becasue Cryptic knows when you people get paid.

As for me...it's payday....but there is nothing to buy sooo yeah:D

Eaglemoss came out with some new ships for me to throw money at
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited April 2014
    Really should extend this sale until pay day that way I can buy a bit of Zen instead of setting me up for failure, lol.

^^^^^^^
    Pretty please Cryptic?????…

• olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I will never understand why they do these at the end of the month - when no one has any money.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
    edited April 2014
    Come on Cryptic, I've been a loyal Zen buyer since 2010. I've never asked for much, but now other Zen buyer's are asking for you guys to extend it just till the 2nd of May....

• razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    To be honest, since the weekend Dilithium grind event starts on May 1st, it would make sense to have the sale run till the 2nd or 5th. The reason for this is that it will give more players tome to hit payday during the sale, and will overlap the grind event, therefore encouraging more people to buy, that normally wouldn't because of the circumstances.

That is why real world sales overlap special events. It not only encourages regular customers to spend more, but also draws in customers that were normally hesitant to buy. Through many years in sales, I have seen this improve sales gains for either that month, or the following one, over what it could have done during normal times without special events.

On top of that, when you consider how rare the Dilithium event comes around, it is like a special event grind, instead of a regular weekend grind. Win for Cryptic, and players to extend the sale.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
    edited April 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Yes becasue Cryptic knows when you people get paid.

First two days of the month / last day of the previous. For almost everybody, unless you dont have a regular job. Or do you live in mars?

So, instead of offering it in the last/first day of the month, they are making a lot of people not to buy lol.
    edited April 2014
    olivia211 wrote: »
    I will never understand why they do these at the end of the month - when no one has any money.

Because cryptic wants to have the money before the next month starts. Thats it. They never care about the customers, just about emselves lol.
  • shadokittyshadokitty Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I get paid on the first, but I do happen to have a few bucks in my paypal balance.
  • tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    for me its what to buy I need something to go thats such a deal I can't pass it up. right now nothing is on sale other then currency.
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    stomperx99 wrote: »

LoL awww what do you need rent and food money for when you can live and eat in Star Trek Online :)

~CaptainSmirk
    edited April 2014
    That was uncalled for, Smirk, I pay 1200$ month just for rent! Defense mechanism engaged!
    Will extend the bonus till May 2nd. And will also make the Jupiter and Typhoon Playable.

~CaptainSmirk

Thanks. :D

• robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    LoL awww what do you need rent and food money for when you can live and eat in Star Trek Online :)

~CaptainSmirk

You mean like Bacon... oh wait no never mind there is none in the replicator, or anywhere in game. Too bad too. If only there was a person on the community that was passionate enough about bacon to encourage the devs to get it in game....

Oh well, I guess I will have to keep my food money for bacon instead of zen.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, Neverwinter runs store sales at the same time they are running the Zen sale. STO runs an item sale before and is concluded by the time the Zen sale rolls around.

You know having Weekly sales of different store items like every other MMO wouldn't kill you either. You could also mix up the percentages. There are numbers different and greater than 15 you know.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The banner in the blog literally says "15% Bonus Zen on All Purchases" and here I am, having spent 20 bucks on a prepaid card, having had to re-authorize my computer to activate it through a LITERAL 40 digit confirmation code, then spent 20 more minutes trying to decypher the pin number because your printing company uses crappy ink that scratches off with the scratch off TRIBBLE, and NOW it wants to tell me that the bonus only applies to certain modes.

This is the last zen I'll be paying real money for, ever, guys. This whole experience has been ridiculously, unnecessarily complex.

Edit: And I'm still waiting to hear back from your customer service about reimbursing me for those trait respec tokens and commendations. I'm sure when I do, it'll be in 3 months, in 3 sentences of bad English demonstrating no real attention given to my problem as they suggest the fix to a different problem and that the situation is somehow my fault. Just like every other time I've made a ticket with you.
  • suranyilaszlosuranyilaszlo Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would like to buy Zen, really. The problem is the Wall Street. I dont know, if you realise it in the USA, but an average monthly salary in Hungary, Eastern Europe is circa 100 000 forints. If you wanted to buy Zen withouth great taxes, then you had to buy the package for 5000 zen, which was 10 000 forints last year (plus circa 2000 forints tax). More than 1/10th of the monthly salary (the minimal tax is circa 2000 forints, so a cheaper package is not profitable). Still I used to buy such a package 1 or 2 times per year, because I like STO. But the USA economy is in disaster (it means, it is a disaster for the average citizens, but not for the rulers of Wall Street), so to restore it the USA started an economic war against emeging markets in 2014 (the ukrainian coup sponzored by Wall Street bankers where only small part of this economic war, but even this small part made angry the Russians, who started the invasion of Ukraine to prevent greater disaster, read the CIA sourcebook titled "The Next 100 Years" -- published in 2009!!!! -- for more detail about this). This means, that forint has fallen compared to USA dollar (even while we have nothing to do with Turkey, China, Brazil and Russia, we are an EU member country), so a package of circa 5000 zen now cost in Hungarian currency circa 15000-20000 forints compared to daily stock-market prizes (plus 2000 forint tax). 1/5th of average monthly salary. So if nobody buys anymore Zen, then please thank this to the Wall Street leaders in the USA. You know, the Captain America film has right, the USA of today is really like a fascist global empire, which makes money by destroying the rest of the world. Unfortunatly, this economic war also attacks the global internet markets, which have millions of users outside of the USA.
    edited April 2014

~CaptainSmirk

Its good to see even the moderators have fun with serious things. :mad:, and people wonder why these forums are so terrible.
This discussion has been closed.