test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Klingon Costume Suggestion

gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Klingon Discussion
We all know costumes for Klingons is a poor selection,in the way of Z store.all they have is the Academy outfit. there are a few outfits for females that come to mind to maybe add to the store.K'Ehleyr,Worfs mate wore three outfits that would work well.

http://www.theviewscreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/threadalert-600x448.jpg

Another female outfit that might be a little harder to do was worn by the Klingon female Riker conjured up when he had the Q powers.

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/9/91/Female_Klingon%2C_2364.jpg

I'm sure there are a few others that could be found,but those are my suggestions to get the Targ running
Post edited by gholendhor on

Comments

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    +1. Signed.

The KDF really needs more C-Store outfit packs, our selection of outfits that we can purchase from the C-Store and use across all our KDF chars is very limited. There are many canon Klingon outfits from the shows that haven't made their way in the game yet and that's a pitty.

I like the outfits you presented here, they're more feminine and dare I say - sexier looking from what is availible for KDF females. (not counting the Orion outfits limited to Orions) And if we go by the examples of TOS and the Klingon females of that era, looking good, feminine and sexy was also something Klingon females practiced.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    +1 signed.

KDF still needs more in what can be worn.

(And put the full colour palette in. . .)

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    gholendhor wrote: »
    We all know costumes for Klingons is a poor selection,in the way of Z store.all they have is the Academy outfit. there are a few outfits for females that come to mind to maybe add to the store.K'Ehleyr,Worfs mate wore three outfits that would work well.

Another female outfit that might be a little harder to do was worn by the Klingon female Riker conjured up when he had the Q powers.

I'm sure there are a few others that could be found,but those are my suggestions to get the Targ running

ANYTHING will be fine at this point.
    I would suggest a ninja-type set like in Batman Begins...with the armorless version Liam wears as an option.

Also, if it's not too sexist of me, a vampire huntress-esque costume like Paine's for our ladies.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • rtb321rtb321 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Problem is we don't see many Klingon civilians, the KDF being military tend to be uniform.

I mean there was that female Officer in Day of the Dove., the Lursa and B'tor boob window, and Sirellia form Dax wedding.

I think there was also a female Klingon scientist from a TNG episode. Those are few and far between. I suppose you can have the Undiscovered country costumes...

Klinks don't have much clothing representation. Maybe a universal Dabo girl outfit?
    edited April 2014
    rtb321 wrote: »
    Problem is we don't see many Klingon civilians, the KDF being military tend to be uniform.

I mean there was that female Officer in Day of the Dove., the Lursa and B'tor boob window, and Sirellia form Dax wedding.

I think there was also a female Klingon scientist from a TNG episode. Those are few and far between. I suppose you can have the Undiscovered country costumes...

Klinks don't have much clothing representation. Maybe a universal Dabo girl outfit?

Eh, I'd personally be more then satisfied if they just brought all the canon KDF outfits seen on the shows to STO. There are at least 10 different canon costumes that get posted and mentioned repeatedly on the forum, that are not availible for us players in the game yet.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • ehlimehlim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    gholendhor wrote: »

Wow!
    these look amazing!

By the way... I just saw a video on youtube of a guy showing the new kit visuals as costume pieces on Tribble, ALSO AVAILABLE TO THE KDF!!!
    That is like one of the most important things I've waited FOREVER for Cryptic to add to the game, as I was soooooooo pissed with the unbalance of features btween the 2 factions!

Well that is great, awsome news if that's going to hit Holodeck!! But... have I missed something or the news has gone pretty much unnoticed? That would be a shame, I think something like this should hit the website with full on article, photos etc!
    (Obviously to be honest I would have been more hyped if they made specific variants to kit and armour visuals for KDF and Roms but I guess they just don't have time for that now. Fair enough).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Eh, I'd personally be more then satisfied if they just brought all the canon KDF outfits seen on the shows to STO. There are at least 10 different canon costumes that get posted and mentioned repeatedly on the forum, that are not availible for us players in the game yet.

The funny thing is that there is only a single canon Klingon uniform in the game, and that's the TOS tunic. All the other uniforms are Cryptic designs. Sure, the "Fur sleeves" and "Standard issue" try to look like the TMP/TNG uniforms we saw, but they really don't. And even of the uniforms Cryptic created, we (the players) can only choose a small fraction of assets. Some pieces of uniform are inexplicably for females only ("Decorated" shoulder guards for instance) although we see NPCs of both genders wear them. Tons of shoulder options, sashes, gloves are missing, the bortaS-uniform we can purchase in the fleet shop is a bad joke as it comes with NOTHING besides top, bottom, boots and gloves.

Further, a lot of uniform options are bugged. To this day some colours on female toons and boffs are still linked together for some reason, meaning you change one colour in the "top" option you change colours EVERYWHERE. Females can for some reason use the KHG top, but nothing else.

And don't get me started on non-klingon uniforms. I know there are a few options for Orion and Gorn, but all those Gorn, Orions, Nausicaans in klingon uniforms, what gives?

The KDF faction is terribly worked out and doesn't make sense most of the time. But it still feels "better" for some reason :D But seriously, the state of KDF visuals is a shameful display.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    The funny thing is that there is only a single canon Klingon uniform in the game, and that's the TOS tunic.

Nope :D.

I detailed this in another thread, but: It's the wrong material, missing the horizontal creases, purple colour option, rank pins from the collar, the boots are missing, there is no TAS skirt or TOS dress option, the baldric is on the wrong shoulder.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    Nope :D.

I detailed this in another thread, but: It's the wrong material, missing the horizontal creases, purple colour option, rank pins from the collar, the boots are missing, there is no TAS skirt or TOS dress option, the baldric is on the wrong shoulder.

Then there's not a single canon uniform in there. Great :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You do realise that asking for more kdf clothing, is the equivalent to walking up to a wall an saying " oh hello mr wall mind if I headbutt you repeatedly " whilst a sign on the wall state's " to get nowhere please headbutt wall ". Please for the love of Q give us new kdf clothing! Please cryptic!!!!...... Oh look there's a sign on this wall.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rtb321 wrote: »

Klingon "uniforms" are a whole lot more diverse when you actually bother to look.
    And unlike Starfleet even people on the same ship can look different.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130509200834/memoryalpha/de/images/8/88/Kornan_%C3%BCbergibt_Worf_das_Kampfverzeichnis.jpg

http://www.startrek.com/legacy_media/images/200306/ds9-519-kornan-tavana-and-other/320x240.jpg

http://rindastartrekds9.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/241.jpg

these three images are all from Klingons serving on the same ship in the same episode.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    On the off chance Cryptic is reading here ( :D ). Any chance you could add these? It'd be FREE for you :P.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited April 2014
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    You do realise that asking for more kdf clothing, is the equivalent to walking up to a wall an saying " oh hello mr wall mind if I headbutt you repeatedly " whilst a sign on the wall state's " to get nowhere please headbutt wall ". Please for the love of Q give us new kdf clothing! Please cryptic!!!!...... Oh look there's a sign on this wall.

Ah, but that's why we have thick skulls and cranial ridges! :D That wall is doomed.....eventually. ;)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    More C-Store and just more outfits in general. Plus some of the race specific TRIBBLE needs to drop. The Nausicans and Orions have some cool outfits[male version mind you for orion, though who doesn't like watching their orion run around in next to nothing? Anyhoo I'd like those speciifc costumes to be open to all KDF. It's silly we can't mix and match. Also the meceenary outfit, I'd like that moved from off duty to on duty.

Or better yet! GET RID OF THE WHOLE OFF AND ON DUTY!!!

And furthermore! Let us set the basic outfits for our damn crews! It irks me to no end on any faction to have my CO and her BOFFS wearing 1 thing and the crew is wearing something completely different!
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It would also be nice to see ANY of the uniforms on screen in game, something that should of been a basic thing at launch.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'd also like to see NON faction specific C-Store outfits usable, and mix 'n' matchable, with the other KDF species (Seven of Nine's boots on an Orion or Klingon?)

PLUS!!! The "Warriors Skirt" Lobi item, able to be used on other species ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
    edited April 2014
    bendalek wrote: »

PLUS!!! The "Warriors Skirt" Lobi item, able to be used on other species ...

Isn't it availible to other species as well now? I'm fairly certain I've seen Orions and Joined Trill wearing it.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,912 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    does the TOS set give you Mara's outfit?

http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/3x07hd/dayofthedovehd0885.jpg

and I like this one from Star Trek V (or is it VI?)

http://heavyarmor.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/vixis01.jpg

edit, no, the TOS uni does NOT give us Mara's uniform
    sig.jpg
  • mebbyjrmebbyjr Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ever since 'Sphere of Influence'.

have not been able to change Klingon Females costume.

pointless to spend any more money on this game.

seriously, considering deleting characters and eventually uninstalling the game.

good luck
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,912 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Must be your install I can change my toons uniforms
    sig.jpg
  • mebbyjrmebbyjr Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    there are many who are dealing with the same issue.

guessing it's 'their install' as well?

not going to reinstall 'Again' and... fight with ARC trying to install.

no longer have that much love for the game anymore.

No Thanks, enjoy your game
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2014

http://heavyarmor.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/vixis01.jpg

edit, no, the TOS uni does NOT give us Mara's uniform

I love Sulu and Chekov, they are both just staring at her TRIBBLE and you can tell they are thinking "Daaaaaamn"
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Trench coats! :D
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.