test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Welcome to 2410!

buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
It is officially 2410. The cinematic cutscene for season 9 has laid to rest the long asked question "when is 2409 gonna end?"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Which is idiotic.
    They shouldn't have made any official statement. Seriously, our rise from cadet to VA and everything after that now has game"CANONICLY" happened within one year instead of leaving that up to interpretation...
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Which is idiotic.
    They shouldn't have made any official statement. Seriously, our rise from cadet to VA and everything after that now has game"CANONICLY" happened within one year instead of leaving that up to interpretation...

How bout there is no navy this side of god's green earth federation or otherwise that is going to promote an officer who got a field promotion confirmed to LT straight to vice admiral in 1 year.

Just would not happen.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    How bout there is no navy this side of god's green earth federation or otherwise that is going to promote an officer who got a field promotion confirmed to LT straight to vice admiral in 1 year.

Just would not happen.
    North Korea would :D XD
    but in all seriousness, yeah this should be like 2420
  • noxmagnus#7077 noxmagnus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I seem to recall a cadet becoming a Captain without even graduating the academy first. I think his name was Kirk or something like that.
  • buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I seem to recall a cadet becoming a Captain without even graduating the academy first. I think his name was Kirk or something like that.

And that was the dumbest theme of JJ Trek. Chris Pine is great, but JJ Kirk is an abomination.
  • jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited April 2014

LOL

Don't throw Star Trek, at Star Trek fans - it confuses them ! :P
    edited April 2014

Wrong reality pal. Plus JJ got that completely wrong IMHO. In this one Kirk actually worked his way up to Captian of the the Original Series Enterprise ya know the one from the 60s. Granted still youngest ship captain in history, but he still workd his way from cadet to captain.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I dunno if 2410 is going to be as awesome as 2409...

I mean got promoted from Cadet to Vice Admiral / Warrior to Lt. General in less than a year. What could I possibly achieve in 2410 that is going to top that?
    edited April 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »

I mean got promoted from Cadet to Vice Admiral / Warrior to Lt. General in less than a year. What could I possibly achieve in 2410 that is going to top that?

Become a Q
    afMSv4g.jpg

• cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited April 2014
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Which is idiotic.

We are/was at war and at war promotions go much faster because of losses in officers ranks. Additionally ours characters are exceptional Starfleet/Klingon Defense Forces/Republic Navy officers who shows extraordinary skills, so even in real such characters could get pretty fast career and jump in ranks for two step at once.
    edited April 2014
    dkratasco wrote: »
    We are/was at war and at war promotions go much faster because of losses in officers ranks. Additionally ours characters are exceptional Starfleet/Klingon Defense Forces/Republic Navy officers who shows extraordinary skills, so even in real such characters could get pretty fast career and jump in ranks for two step at once.

In a year I could go from seeing Cadet to maybe LT Senior grade in a year, ya know a process that takes more like 5 years just living in grade to hit that. To go from cadet to Vice admiral, that's something that takes most officers well over 20 years, and you're saying the losses on both sides are so great we accomplished what takes most people a lifetime?

No, just no.
    afMSv4g.jpg

• cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Upon further thought ... the game was active for three *real* years while in-game time seemed to stand still at 2409.

So they move the year up by 1 AND actually made the NPCs have a single uniform code (which was a complaint from a vocal minority) ...

I'm okay with it being 2410. There's a symmetry to it.
  • damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Become a Q

Paging Commander Riker...
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
    edited April 2014
    Paging Commander Riker...

by now he's Admiral Riker :D
    afMSv4g.jpg

• solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Woooooooooo! It's 2410 the second year of grind.
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,403 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »

Have a crew of female Iconian Boffs?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    by now he's Admiral Riker :D

He has been around for more than one year, you know.
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    In a year I could go from seeing Cadet to maybe LT Senior grade in a year, ya know a process that takes more like 5 years just living in grade to hit that. To go from cadet to Vice admiral, that's something that takes most officers well over 20 years, and you're saying the losses on both sides are so great we accomplished what takes most people a lifetime?

No, just no.

Federation or Klingon Empire are much more then our single Earth, which means that also their forces are much more numerous and there are much more demand for high rank officers. What more, remember that our characters uncovered many plots and win glorious battles with overwhelming forces of enemy. And that shows that they're outstanding officers much more useful as high rank officers rather than simple commander.
    So they move the year up by 1 AND actually made the NPCs have a single uniform code (which was a complaint from a vocal minority) ...

I'm okay with it being 2410. There's a symmetry to it.

We always had single uniform code for certain locations, as it was even shown in the TV shows, every ship/base could take one of some uniforms. It was in TNG or DS9 were two crews from different ships meet and had two different uniforms.