test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Invalid skills" bug is back, this time on Gorn engineer.

notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Just what the title says. Yesterday everything was ok, now it crapped itself all over. Noticed it when I was trying to slot traits right after s9 update and trait lisk looked... lacking, with no traits I had before. So far changing maps or clicking on "respec" button does not help. Neither does visiting the skill trainer.

Any ideas? Cause I don't want to buy a skill retrain token in order to fix something that was not broken yesterday.

Character name is Linus@n0t0ryczny.

ticket ID #2,434,893

EDIT: I burned 71k dilithium to buy a respec token in my efforts to fix that. Imagine my surprise when it didn't work - apparently my bugged character cannot use said token at skill trainer.
May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
Post edited by notoryczny on

Comments

• Options
    ironchefbbqironchefbbq Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My Gorn Engineer is missing the Helmsman trait completely.

I am only able to select from a truncated list of Personal Traits:
    -Accurate
    -Bite
    -Lucky
    -Nanomolecular Architect
    -Soldier
    -Techie
    -Warp Theorist
    -Grace Under Fire

I have no available Space/Ground/Active Traits to choose from.
    I do however have a listing for Other Traits >> Well Travelled

For reference, I logged in on that character for the first time in season 9 orbiting Defera. I also suffer from the IVALID SKILL bug where I cannot respect skills because I do not 'have the minimum points in rank' even though I can allocate all of them.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My Gorn Engineer is missing the Helmsman trait completely.

I am only able to select from a truncated list of Personal Traits:
    -Accurate
    -Bite
    -Lucky
    -Nanomolecular Architect
    -Soldier
    -Techie
    -Warp Theorist
    -Grace Under Fire

I do however have a listing for Other Traits >> Well Travelled

For reference, I logged in on that character for the first time in season 9 orbiting Defera. I also suffer from the IVALID SKILL bug where I cannot respect skills because I do not 'have the minimum points in rank' even though I can allocate all of them.

8 triats. You have 8 trait slots. So what you have available is what you had already slotted when season 9 launched. All species traits that you didn't take are now missing.

I reported this problem in the Tribble bug section April 4th and it only seemed to happen to my male Bajoran engineer after copying him over to the test server (screenshot in post). http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16143101&postcount=1
  • Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You have 8 trait slots. So what you have available is what you had already slotted when season 9 launched. All species traits that you didn't take are now missing.

Well no, since he should have a lot more trait choices, including elusive, that one with miracle worker cooldown, eps efficiency and some more.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    ironchefbbqironchefbbq Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same problem with my Lethean Science guy.

Logged in floating in sector space in Alpha Trianguli.

Truncated list of 7 traits available and only 3 active.
    -Accurate (active)
    -Conservation of Energy (active)
    -Creative
    -Efficient Captain
    -Elusive (active)
    -Lucky
    -Techie

I also suffer from the IVALID SKILL bug where I cannot respect skills because I do not 'have the minimum points in rank' even though I can allocate all of them. 300,000 spent on space, 66,000 spent on ground
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    On topic: Further down in my Tribble bug report, I'm seeing this on holodeck as in my skills are invalid and it says I need to repec. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16143461&postcount=3 Clicking the 'Respec' button on the very bottom right corner of the 'Skills' tab just closes the window and nothing happens.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/MonkeyGuts69/skillswindow_zps94d5e47f.jpg~original (this is the screenshot from Tribble, but it looks exactly the same on Holodeck now)

I have no respec tokens or enough zen to get 1 so I'm just gonna have to wait until it gets fixed. This means I won't be using my Bajoran captain for a while since he only has 8 species traits available, and even though he has tier 5 Dyson, tier 5 Nukara, tier 5 Romulan, and tier 5 Omega rep, he doesn't have a single reputation trait available at all. I knew this was going to go live. :mad:
  • Options
    brownbear2007brownbear2007 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same/similar problem here. Bajoran science officer has "Skills invalid" listed on skills tab, "Your character requires a skill respec..." on all reputation tabs (so no reputation traits available in the new traits system), respec button on the skills tab just closes the window and does nothing. Skills trainer on ESD won't allow a respec without a paid token.

Hope to see a resolution soon.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Same/similar problem here. Bajoran science officer has "Skills invalid" listed on skills tab, "Your character requires a skill respec..." on all reputation tabs (so no reputation traits available in the new traits system), respec button on the skills tab just closes the window and does nothing. Skills trainer on ESD won't allow a respec without a paid token.

Hope to see a resolution soon.

I've seen reports about that. Some players are saying that even though they have a respec token, after redistributing their skills the 'Accept' button stays grayed out and on mouseover they get a message saying they aren't qualified for it or something.
  • Options
    turbografix16turbografix16 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same issue. Cannot respec skills - sez that I cannot respec if I'm not the right rank anymore or something. This, of course, means I have no space/ground/active traits, even though this toon has max rep on everything but Counter-Command. Plz help thx.
  • Options
    docsantinodocsantino Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I saw the "Invalid skills" message as well with this character.
  • Options
    felonchadfelonchad Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am receiving the error on a Gorn Scientist and a Ferrengi Tac.
  • Options
    denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have a gorn sci officer who has the 'skills invalid' bug. I have lots of leftover respec tokens, but I can't accept my respec even when all the points are spent in all the right places.

So good news, you don't have to buy respecs, because they don't work ;)

I'd really like to have this fixed so I can use my reputation traits. Right now, I have access to my main personal traits and Well Traveled, but I cannot pick any other trait options.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]