test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Announcing the winners for the "Loading Screen Screenshot Contest"!

2»

Comments

• Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Btw, these are in, and you can see them on Tribble.
    Yup. I checked them out on Tribble.. it's really exciting to see these in the game :) !!!
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    aureleusaureleus Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can we expect to see these in the wallpaper/screenshot section as well ? An Thanks for picking one of mine :D Did not expect that I'd have one picked actually lolz, there were so many to choose from :).
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Btw, these are in, and you can see them on Tribble.

Never thought I'd say it, but I almost wish the loadscreens were longer. The one time I did get a long load, it was the old season 8 promo image, of course. :P

Grats to all the winners.
  • Options
    william7rikerwilliam7riker Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hi Captains,

On behalf of the entire STO team, we want to thank everyone who participated in our "Loading Screen Screenshot Contest" that we've been running the past few months! There were some absolutely incredible screens that were submitted, and it was quite hard to choose the winners -- you all have a great eye and many of the images were truly jaw dropping.

It took days of deliberations to come to a consensus on our final list, so without further ado, we'd like to present the winning images of the contest, those that will be featured as in-game loading screens in the not-too-distant future:

8xQj3ug.jpg
    By william7riker (@william7riker)

C03CBBE9717640995B8357B5AE57A51FE63AFC93
    By kurumimorish1ta (@Morish1ta)

screenshot_2011-02-26-22-54-308367.jpg
    By strahn794 (@sparrow794)

oAfEoXp.jpg
    By asteconn (@asteconn)

Hi! Thank you so much for selecting my screenshot! But I do have one thing that is bothering me. I have absolutely NO character by the name william7riker (@william7riker). My main KDF character is Gorn@william7riker. May I have my name changed to Gorn, as I have no character named william7riker? That is just my handler If you could correct my name, that would be greatly appreciated!

All of the other winning screenshots are fabulous! They all deserved to be there!

Thanks,

Gorn@william7riker
    Once I get a solid hour of free time, I have got to update my signature, with tasteful, but useful words that the rest of the community would benefit from hearing, or at least get a good laugh out of.
  • Options
    sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi! Thank you so much for selecting my screenshot! But I do have one thing that is bothering me. I have absolutely NO character by the name william7riker (@william7riker). My main KDF character is Gorn@william7riker. May I have my name changed to Gorn, as I have no character named william7riker? That is just my handler If you could correct my name, that would be greatly appreciated!

All of the other winning screenshots are fabulous! They all deserved to be there!

Thanks,

Gorn@william7riker

They credit everyone by @handle as that's your username. Crediting by your character name doesn't credit you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Those all look meh. *Runs from raging crowd*
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    william7rikerwilliam7riker Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They credit everyone by @handle as that's your username. Crediting by your character name doesn't credit you.

Why do these winning submissions have a character name that is different than their handler? For example:

There are more examples down the list of the winning screenshot post.

Why did some of the people have a different name before their handler and others not?

Still. I feel like an idiot being the one to complain about this. Because these screenshots are just beautiful!
    Once I get a solid hour of free time, I have got to update my signature, with tasteful, but useful words that the rest of the community would benefit from hearing, or at least get a good laugh out of.
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited April 2014
    What it looks they did is credit people this format:

Forum Name (@ingamehandle)

It's not in-game character names. Your forum name and @handle happen to be the same.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well this isnt fair i want to win :(
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Here's what mine looks like from Tribble:

83_01_04_14_4_58_24.png
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    azniadeet wrote: »
    Here's what mine looks like from Tribble:

83_01_04_14_4_58_24.png

I envy you people. When I'm loading a new map, the screen is mostly black until the last two seconds before the loading is complete. So I only get two seconds (at most) to see the picture before the screen changes.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    How do we send in screenshots? Post them here?
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    astro2244 wrote: »
    How do we send in screenshots? Post them here?

The contest is over. This thread was just for announcing the winners.

There might be another one at some point.
  • Options
    aureleusaureleus Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why do these winning submissions have a character name that is different than their handler? For example:

There are more examples down the list of the winning screenshot post.

Why did some of the people have a different name before their handler and others not?

Still. I feel like an idiot being the one to complain about this. Because these screenshots are just beautiful!

Eh...Actually if your Notice my Forum name is Actually the Name of my 1st STO toon...So :P~! And is the toon in the screenshot that won :D *Yay Me~!* lolz

And as someone I think mentioned there putting our ingame @Handles on the new loading screens not our Forum names :P.
  • Options
    archerfanaticarcherfanatic Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    pretty generic screenshots. how bad were the majority that those are the best?
  • Options
    neppakyoneppakyo Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Meh.. ingame shots are pretty boring. Actual artwork would of been better...

Any chance of removing the stupid LoR loading screen when sto starts? ****ing hate roms in this game, such an OP faction.

I regret paying money for the pack and wish I could get a refund.
    Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
  • Options
    strahn794strahn794 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wow, thank you! It's very flattering to have my entry chosen out of so many great screenshots. Congratulations to all the winners!
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    neppakyo wrote: »
    Any chance of removing the stupid LoR loading screen when sto starts?

They're planning to release another expansion by the end of the year. So presumably the LoR decals will be replaced by something else when that happens.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    rednolandrednoland Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All the pics in contest were excellency and beautiful, included the winners... KUDOS! but how did one got 3 pics in final? Sorry, I thought the contest were trying to be fair and well deserving but when one won 3 skittle lotteries in a row, just wow. Did the judge slept with contestant or something? Ha... I can only imagine how that discussion went behind the door over the final choices. Heh. Once again, kudos to all won.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    No, we dumped all of the images in a folder, without names. Looked through them, and picked our favorites. It happened that one person was quite good at making load screen worthy screenshots.

The end.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    neppakyo wrote: »
    Meh.. ingame shots are pretty boring. Actual artwork would of been better...

Any chance of removing the stupid LoR loading screen when sto starts? ****ing hate roms in this game, such an OP faction.

I regret paying money for the pack and wish I could get a refund.

So because you hate the stats of a faction, you want that faction's sign removed on the screen? Lol.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    gethralkin1gethralkin1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rednoland wrote: »
    All the pics in contest were excellency and beautiful, included the winners... KUDOS! but how did one got 3 pics in final? Sorry, I thought the contest were trying to be fair and well deserving but when one won 3 skittle lotteries in a row, just wow. Did the judge slept with contestant or something? Ha... I can only imagine how that discussion went behind the door over the final choices. Heh. Once again, kudos to all won.

No, we dumped all of the images in a folder, without names. Looked through them, and picked our favorites. It happened that one person was quite good at making load screen worthy screenshots.

The end.

The rules allowed uploading 1 image per week. There is no reason a person with a good eye would not have multiple winning shots.

Congratulations to all for the excellent vistas you've given our community!
  • Options
    arms14vearms14ve Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Kinda bummed my G-X at the mining base didn't win I thought it was a great shot but all the other ones that were chosen were amazing I really liked the SFA pic that one was a well worth win there were only a few I went why but overall happy with the choices hope to see more added to cycle out some of the old boring planet shots that were old default, and I would love to see some of the old location specific loading screens bought back from year 1 and 2 like the animated ESD loading screen that one was cool.
This discussion has been closed.