test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What Time Does S10 Stared!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
What are DOLPHINS up to in the 25th Century? Seriously. You'd think they'd run this **** by now.

If we gave a dolphin, robot arms (without surgery cuz that would be gross), could it play STO? I think it could. Did you know it's illegal to associate with a dolphin in the wild in America? You're only allowed to do it at designated places like SeaWorld, under supervision. Why do they not curtail human contact with other endangered species? There must be something that they don't want us to know. Or...this could happen:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prmx0lYBTko

We know Dolphins are used by the military for a variaty of functions. I, for one, am under the impression that if we used a neural-link, like schools all over the world use on humans to take commands and study that sort of thing for prosthetics, and with human-like robot arms, (and later, legs) we could have an elite pvp player in no time. PVP is all that really matters in an MMORPG, otherwise, we could just play Elite Force 2 (which has an online indie-mod that enables online campaign, but nobody else plays it).

Obligatory, we would have to call the Dolphin, "Echo".

We need a DOLPHIN RACE that declares war... OR, maybe the Dolphiins run the Voth's ****.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Actually they'd call the dolphin Darwin after SeaQuest DSV.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Actually they'd call the dolphin Darwin after SeaQuest DSV.

he can be number 2...Echo was first.
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Is this a silent protest to the DINOS WITH FRICKIN' LASERS!!!! ?

Cause I cant imagine what it should be else.....
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    Is this a silent protest to the DINOS WITH FRICKIN' LASERS!!!! ?

Cause I cant imagine what it should be else.....

No, I thought that would be cool.

But when does it start anyway? s9 i mean.
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Everyone knows the doplhins left earth saying "Goodbye and thanks for the fish"
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sorry, season 10 is already slated to be the revival of Avian Xindi.

But you are right, dolphins are as smart as humans, that's why they TRIBBLE each other over and over.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Forget the dolphins, what about the whales? That whale-ship has never been seen since it visited Earth and completely blacked out all ships and everything else simply by proximity.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    szerontzur wrote: »
    Forget the dolphins, what about the whales? That whale-ship has never been seen since it visited Earth and completely blacked out all ships and everything else simply by proximity.

**** THATS RIGHT. i forgot about that. The whales RUN this ****! WHALES FOR S11

What time does s9 start? midnight tonight?
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    Everyone knows the doplhins left earth saying "Goodbye and thanks for the fish"

Yes, but everyone knows it's the mice who are really running the show and monitoring the giant computer known to us as Earth.

I have a strange compulsion to answer the OP with:

Fourty Two.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just as long as I can have a Potted Petunia on my Captains Desk ... I'll be happy
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    captaincrane73captaincrane73 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No, just no. Please don't give them any ideas, isn't dinosaurs with lasers on their heads bad enough, do we really want to inspire them to come up with something even more ridiculous?
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    maxvitor wrote: »
    No, just no. Please don't give them any ideas, isn't dinosaurs with lasers on their heads bad enough, do we really want to inspire them to come up with something even more ridiculous?

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe!"-Albert Einstein.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    Just as long as I can have a Potted Petunia on my Captains Desk ... I'll be happy
    ... and a matching sperm whale?

We ARE still doing Hitchhikers' references, right?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We'll be fine if we hang on to our towels and nobody starts reading Vogon poetry.
    As for the topic at hand, didn't we just have another thread about this same topic recently?
    Dolphins are smart but not that smart, it's not the same as a human that knows what it's like to have arms and legs, a dolphin would have no frame of reference, it wouldn't even understand why it needed to control the limb let alone how to go about doing it. And if you're talking about adding some kind of computer brain interface then it isn't a dolphin anymore.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sorry, season 10 is already slated to be the revival of Avian Xindi.

But you are right, dolphins are as smart as humans, that's why they TRIBBLE each other over and over.

blasphemy! complete blasphemy on both accounts :P.

people want the cardassians.

as smart as humans? dolphins are smarter then humans by a factor of 100! we are just savages using bombs and disinformation to cow the masses to believe whatever trumped up tripe thats offered, shockingly we eat it. Dolphins at least are not as dangerous to itself as a race, generally a lot more respectful and friendly to each other, although each dolphin group has its own social circle, from time to time however if one dolphin is lost the group calls out and eventually other groups help out even though there is nothing in it for these other dolphins. that just shows you how we de-evolved.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We'll be fine if we hang on to our towels and nobody starts reading Vogon poetry.
    As for the topic at hand, didn't we just have another thread about this same topic recently?
    Dolphins are smart but not that smart, it's not the same as a human that knows what it's like to have arms and legs, a dolphin would have no frame of reference, it wouldn't even understand why it needed to control the limb let alone how to go about doing it. And if you're talking about adding some kind of computer brain interface then it isn't a dolphin anymore.

Explain the concept to them. Dolphins have a language, you know.
  • Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Vogon poetry time [REDACTED BY ORDER OF THE CIA, KGB, MI5 AND ASIO]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Am I the only one who thinks the OP didn make sense?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am guessing the Vorlons from Babylon 5 come from beyond the rim and attempt to destroy any Shadow influences this galaxy may have had.

That, or maybe the Pakleds acquire a strange device that makes them REALLY GO and they destroy everyone who ever gave them the impression that they are not smart.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Nothing is off limits anymore . . .
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2014

as smart as humans? dolphins are smarter then humans by a factor of 100! we are just savages using bombs and disinformation to cow the masses to believe whatever trumped up tripe thats offered, shockingly we eat it. Dolphins at least are not as dangerous to itself as a race, generally a lot more respectful and friendly to each other, although each dolphin group has its own social circle, from time to time however if one dolphin is lost the group calls out and eventually other groups help out even though there is nothing in it for these other dolphins. that just shows you how we de-evolved.

Yeah, respectful and friendly, that's why they're recorded gang-TRIBBLE their females every breeding cycle.

They're bonobos with fins.
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2014

problem is people wanting things like that is how we end up with reality shows starring things like this:

http://i.imgur.com/MruVZxy.jpg
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    problem is people wanting things like that is how we end up with reality shows starring things like this:

http://i.imgur.com/MruVZxy.jpg
    Ok, wtf is that?!