Install Arc

Least played race?

2»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    MGoblin256 wrote: »
    I'm going to say Pakled as well...

In fact, I think I might be the only person who has a Pakled VA/Ambassador :p

explains why every other faction hates the feds then :P

I'd have to say Pakled then Rigellians for the feds

For the klinks... Leatheans.
    edited December 2010
    bolians, I think Ive only seen 1 since launch.
    edited December 2010
    I would have to say Saurian for Feds and Letheans for KDF.

I have:

FED Side:

VA Klingon Sci
    RA-LH Joined Trill Eng
    LT-CMD Vulcan Tac
    LT Bajoran Sci

KDF Side:

CMD Klingon Eng
    LT Lethean Sci
    edited December 2010
    Letheans i would say are the least played.
    edited December 2010
    My characters, all federation btw

Vulcan (science) VA
    Cardassian (tactical) VA
    Ferengi (engineer) Commander

in order of creating the characters, at this point I see my Cardassian as my main.
    edited December 2010
    Humm...seems Im unusual...

My newest toon is a Reman (alien) Engineer Fed (Captain...This is my RP toon and having a blast with him)

I also have:

Klingon Tac Fed (Vice Adm)
    Joined Trill Engineer (VA), and Joined Trill Sci (VA)

And a Klingon KDF Engineer (Brig Gen).
    edited December 2010
    I've seen a saurian, and tellerite recently.

And a Benzite. Was rather surprised at that one.

Mind you, fuzza-wuzzas seem to be the predominate race besides liberated borg.
    edited December 2010
    I have a Human, an Alien, an Orion, a Caitian and a Rigelian :)
    edited December 2010
    KazumaKat wrote:
    seconding the severe lack of Saurian players fedside. Never seen one.

Got a friend in TSI who is a Saurian Tactical Cruiser captain with an entire crew of Saurians. :D
    edited December 2010
    My vote... Pakled. Even the borg don't want 'em.

"Can you make our cube go?" ....Lol! XD
    edited December 2010
    I think it's difficult to say which race for certain is the least played in the game. I know at one point Saurian females were the least played but that was soon after launch I believe.

The main problem, with the powerful tool that is the alien generator, I think many people opt to make their own aliens than play the races.. plus there's the fact that some of the races can only be purchased for Cryptic points.. I don't think that really helps.. i'm not sure it's really that much of a detractor either.

For myself I would like to see more races, specifically for the Federation as they are made up of many worlds. (No I don't have anything against the Klingons.. i love them.. but they are the Klingon Empire after all). I love seeing the varied races in Earth Spacedock and throughout the missions. I think we need more though.. I'd love to see Cardassians and Romulans allowed to be playable through Starfleet. Cardassia is aligned with the Federation at the moment with the Detapa Council.. and who knows how many Romulans fled Federation side following the destruction of Romulus... if we can have playable Klingons and Ferengi on the Federation side.. why not Cardassians and Romulans?

Other races I'd eventually like to see one day as playable for the Federation include Denobulans and the Xindi (Primates, Arboreals, Insectoids and Reptilians), Anticans, Selay, Bynars and Deltans. (Alot of these are for visual difference).
    edited December 2010
    Bah... As soon as I say I haven't seen any other Benzites I nearly run over two of them blue fishies inside ESD.
    edited December 2010
    I can understand why Pakleds are rare, since they are a C-Store race. At least being that they are not one of the basic races that at least contributes to their being rare.

I actually ran into a benzite last night too. So I have officially seen 1 benzite, 1 bolian and 0 saurian.
    edited December 2010
    Of the free races, I would say Saurian or Benzite. On C-Store ones, Tellarites and Pakleds.

My characters;

Starfleet

Liberated Borg Human Male
    Joined Trill Female
    Klingon Male
    Cardassian (Alien) Male

Klingon Empire
    Liberated Borg Klingon Male

Plus one empty slot.
    edited January 2011
    The problem with the saurians is, that they have not much story in ST universe.
    The paklets have more story, but they not really likeable.

I like the trill and the andorians and vulcans!
  • luqas99luqas99 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sorry to Burke up this thread, but after a few years I'm curious how things may have changed. What races are least popular now, and why?
    I've seen maybe four or five Ferengi, at least one, maybe two Saurian and, IIRC, one Pakled.

I currently have mainly customized alien toons: one Boslic tact Fed, one post-plague Vidiian science Fed, one El-Aurian engineer RR, one Tamarian tact RR, one Elloran KDF engineer and lastly a Lethean scientist.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So what do you believe is the least played race/species in STO on the Federation side? Just curious.

In my opinion its either Saurian or Benzite. What do you thing?

Letheans. Definitely Letheans
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    luqas99 wrote: »
    Sorry to Burke up this thread, but after a few years I'm curious how things may have changed. What races are least popular now, and why?
    I've seen maybe four or five Ferengi, at least one, maybe two Saurian and, IIRC, one Pakled.

I currently have mainly customized alien toons: one Boslic tact Fed, one post-plague Vidiian science Fed, one El-Aurian engineer RR, one Tamarian tact RR, one Elloran KDF engineer and lastly a Lethean scientist.

Necro threads (threads where last post is over 30 days ago) are severely frowned upon. This thread will be locked by some mod today or tomorrow. The proper method to do this is to create a new thread and if you need to, then have a link to this thread on the first post of the new thread.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey hey now!

BAD ZOMBIE BAD GO BACK TO THE GROUND!

Seriously folks, if a thread hasn't been responded to in 30 days please don't bring it back up :( If you feel you need to continue the thread by all means make a new one! :)

/Closed ~Askray
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.