test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Undine vs Borg Story Arc Livestream! (TODAY Friday 4/18 @ 12PM-1PM & 5-6PM PDT)

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Join STO Community Manager CaptainSmirk TODAY Friday, April 18th, 2014 at 12PM/Noon - 1PM PDT (click here for your local time) and a second time slot from 5PM - 6PM PDT (click here for your local time) for his Livestream run through the newly remasterd Undine vs Borg story arc! Who will win in the epic battle between Species 8472 and the relentless Borg? Tune in to find out if CaptainSmirk will survive, or if he and LaughingTrendy will be the next victims of these powerful enemies! We will have our crew ready to answer your questions and give out prizes* during the show.

We are excited to announce that during this Livestream Broadcast, our prizes will include a chance to win many pieces of Logitech gaming Accessories**!

Tune in Friday, April 18th, from 12PM to 1PM PDT and 5PM to 6PM PDT to watch the broadcast and for a chance to win prizes!

*To be eligible to win, you only need to be logged in to Twitch and chat the keyword that we'll ask players to post (in addition to us saying it verbally, we'll post it in chat so you can copy and paste it) right before each giveaway.

**To be eligible to win the Logitech gear, you must live in the continental United States in order for us to ship these items to you. No worries if you live outside the USA, we will grant you a comparable digital prize consisting of in-game ZEN.

Link to our Twitch Livestream channel
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Unfortunately, I will be busy on Friday (another trip), but I will be sure to catch the recorded version!

Good luck, Smirk and Trendy!
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You guys really need to save a prize or two to give away to the general population that, for some odd reason, find that their boss prefers them to be working on a Friday afternoon instead of watching a video. Have players watch the recording and post the 'secret word' in a thread and then pick someone a couple days later. Kinda like you used to do in the Post a Comment section of the Blog posts.

Or how about doing a live stream on a Sunday occasionally? Or a Monday. I'm off on Mondays!

Or how about later in the day? 4pm or 5pm?
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You guys really need to save a prize or two to give away to the general population that, for some odd reason, find that their boss prefers them to be working on a Friday afternoon instead of watching a video.

Or how about doing a live stream on a Sunday occasionally? Or a Monday. I'm off on Mondays!

Or how about later in the day? 4pm or 5pm?

If you read the post, there are 2 steams this Friday, first one at 12PM PDT and the 2nd at 5PM PDT.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    If you read the post, there are 2 steams this Friday, first one at 12AM PST and the 2nd at 5PM PST.

I really should read the whole thing occasionally. But I find total knowledge gets in the way of my ranting. :D

Unfortunately, work continues to conspire against me and I work till 5:30pm (7:30pm my time) Friday, so I might get home to see the last 10-15 minutes of the second one. :(
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nice to see a change that makes a second live stream available for us that cannot break away from work in the middle of the day. I'll try to be there for the evening show. :D
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited April 2014
    YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZ!!!!!! FINALLY..... I'll be able to attend a "LIVE - Livestream from Captainsmirk..." YUZ....

Sorry Smirk, I am a bit excited as this will be the 1st Livestream from you'll that i'll be able to attend... :D

:D

Please keep doing the 5pdt - 6pdt hours... PLZ :D

:Happy Dance:

:thumb:

EDIT: Just looked at the Agenda.... I'll be able to Attend both... OMG OMG OMG *Over reacting*

P.S. BTW Smirk... can you link the image *one with logitech gear* to a separate window that makes the image full size, hard to look at from small screens on small devices... zooming in don't help either.... :/ Link them image to full size ones... :D Just like you did with this one: http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/97/c2/97c20291acafc590717c935fbfbe75231397612491.jpg
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited April 2014

how about later in the day? 4pm or 5pm?
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    If you read the post, there are 2 steams this Friday, first one at 12PM PDT and the 2nd at 5PM PDT.

perfect timing for u then lol
    I really should read the whole thing occasionally. But I find total knowledge gets in the way of my ranting. :D

Unfortunately, work continues to conspire against me and I work till 5:30pm (7:30pm my time) Friday, so I might get home to see the last 10-15 minutes of the second one. :(

oh what a shocker. ur working even thou u said how about later in the day lol

but aside from feeding the troll.. this is nice timing cant wait to see it
  • captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My guess would be the Borg will win, The Undine may have been a new threat and they would have been un-prepared but the Borg will have adapted and what they cannot assimilate they will destroy!
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Also get ready to prepare to say Smirk Fail or Smirk Win :D
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My guess would be the Borg will win, The Undine may have been a new threat and they would have been un-prepared but the Borg will have adapted and what they cannot assimilate they will destroy!

you should watch voyager season 4 episode 1 and 2 for that answer but if u cant then the borg was loosing
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I guess you won't be eligible to win if you're living outside the US? Come on guys! Logitech is a Swiss company. I'm sure you could make some kind of arrangement that allows European players to participate. Their prizes could then be shipped from Switzerland.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Smirk AND Trendy are doing a Livestream? Nice. I believe I will be there.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited April 2014

And what cannot be destroyed, gets chopped up and placed into Borg Jars.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    My favorite line from Khitomer Accord Ground is "What we will not assimilate, we will destroy."
  • precharprechar Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    WOOT 2 live streams I am usually quite lucky with Stream times (if not so lucky with Prize winning) as 12 PDT is 8PM for me these streams are always Light hearted and Fun! Smirk and Trendy make a great Double act Smirk with the visual and camp voicing and Trendy running chat like a Boss!

I am glad more Captains will have the chance to catch the Live stream with the second time slot as watching the vid after the fact while cool is NO substitute for being there all interactive and stuff! so I call Smirk and Trendy Win "You see they Do listen to us after all" :D
    It's your world Boss I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut!
  • shadokittyshadokitty Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sweet, an evening livestream. I'm retired, but I always have family obligations during the day. I'll actually get to participate in a livestream this time. More evening ones please, please with bacon on top?
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Smirk AND Trendy are doing a Livestream? Nice. I believe I will be there.

I'll see you there!
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Join us in just 15 minutes for our Undine vs Borg livestream broadcast!

Out Twitch Channel

~CaptainSmirk
  • i8472i8472 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    interesting so wonder if I should try getting a job like community manager for some game...?
  • tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    btw thought you'd want to know your second time zone link is to a broken link for your second broadcast event today
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    btw thought you'd want to know your second time zone link is to a broken link for your second broadcast event today
    Should be all fixed now :)
    edited April 2014
    Thanks to everyone who joined us for our early broadcast today. We had 14,000 unique viewers! That is an amazing turn out.

Congrats to everyone who won prizes today, we hope you enjoy your ZEN and your Logitech gear!

Join us in just a few hours for our 5PM - 6PM broadcast for more fun, a new mission run in the Undine vs Borg story arc (we ran Fluid Dynamics earlier) and more prizes including ZEN and LogiTech gear!

See you in a few hours!

~CaptainSmirk
  • strorusstrorus Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thanks to everyone who joined us for our early broadcast today. We had 14,000 unique viewers! That is an amazing turn out.

Congrats to everyone who won prizes today, we hope you enjoy your ZEN and your Logitech gear!

Join us in just a few hours for our 5PM - 6PM broadcast for more fun, a new mission run in the Undine vs Borg story arc (we ran Fluid Dynamics earlier) and more prizes including ZEN and LogiTech gear!

See you in a few hours!

~CaptainSmirk

Who can resist your handsome mug... :P
    edited April 2014
    Join us in just under one hour at 5PM PDT for our next livestream broadcast of more Undine vs Borg story arc.

We have more prizes, and more missions to let you viewers choose from for CaptainSmirk to run.

See you shortly at our TwitchTV channel!

~CaptainSmirk
  • jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Join us in just under one hour at 5PM PDT for our next livestream broadcast of more Undine vs Borg story arc.

We have more prizes, and more missions to let you viewers choose from for CaptainSmirk to run.

~CaptainSmirk

yay, looking forward to it. You need to do more at this time, since it's only gonna be at 10AM AEST, which is really awesome. Looking forward to it :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Made it to the house on time... and totally forgot about the 5 PM show. :( :P
  • kiesterbuttkiesterbutt Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wow, thanks for letting us know the day of so we can't plan around anything. Yes, you guys fail again.

Can't wait to see how much more fail the latest season sets us all back while we wait for you to fix the bugs.
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wow, thanks for letting us know the day of so we can't plan around anything. Yes, you guys fail again.

Can't wait to see how much more fail the latest season sets us all back while we wait for you to fix the bugs.

Undine Assault Livestream!
    By CaptainSmirk Fri 11 Apr 2014 11:00:00 AM PDT

~CaptainSmirk

How many viewers this time, i count 2400?
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • alphaomega1500alphaomega1500 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Since when can the BORG assimilate the UNDINE (aka 8274). I thought that was going to be the UNDINE's very special prop,

That the BORG won't be able to assimilate the UNDINE.

Because of the Founders is DS9 shape changing was rare. But not as rare as being unassimilate is with the UNDINE.

So what the hell change.

Canon got in the way of fun.

Your dealing with core aspects of a race.

What changes next ??

All klingon are now TOS klingons and brow ridges are gone in the sake fun or because it is earier to use the TOS version of the klingons when it comes to time spent on graphical issues.

• longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited April 2014
    Please don't get me wrong, I liked watching the recorded stream.

But please arrange the UI/tray before streaming next time. Looking at this mess really hurt!
This discussion has been closed.