test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What TOS episode would you expand upon?

2»

Comments

• tpalvacutpalvacu Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    TOS episode I liked was when they were gansters.. Come on ..tommy guns! I would like to see that in this game.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'd like to think the Federation kept Miri's World under its wing, after curing the disease and training the children, setting them on the road to warp drive and Federation membership. I suppose it would depend on how many children were left planet-wide, and how the Prime Directive is interpreted, though it was pretty much shot to pieces in the episode.
    Well, Miri is episode 1x11 and the concept of the Prime directive as a plot device hadn't been finished yet.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, Miri is episode 1x11 and the concept of the Prime directive as a plot device hadn't been finished yet.

I thought Miri's world was a Federation science colony or something like that to start with and they were sent to check up on them...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    the spocks brain episode........ they have to do it again
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited April 2014
    dareau wrote: »
    I thought Miri's world was a Federation science colony or something like that to start with and they were sent to check up on them...

Miri's World has as many origins as storytellers, it seems, but it is not a science colony. It is a duplicate Earth, actually a duplicate Sol system. The problem is, its origin was apparently not well thought out, and a slew of origin stories has arisen to try to explain why there is a duplicate. Memory Alpha's page does a pretty good job listing all the conflicting origins. Personally, I like the version that suggests that some rift allowed a duplicate to transfer to the ST Prime universe from a parallel universe, though that version is not without problems, notably the quantum difference should have been obvious to the Enterprise.
    hawku001x wrote: »
    the spocks brain episode........ they have to do it again

shh..JJ Abrams and Co. might hear... :rolleyes:
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Miri's World has as many origins as storytellers, it seems, but it is not a science colony. It is a duplicate Earth, actually a duplicate Sol system. The problem is, its origin was apparently not well thought out, and a slew of origin stories has arisen to try to explain why there is a duplicate. Memory Alpha's page does a pretty good job listing all the conflicting origins. Personally, I like the version that suggests that some rift allowed a duplicate to transfer to the ST Prime universe from a parallel universe, though that version is not without problems, notably the quantum difference should have been obvious to the Enterprise.
    One origin actually ignores the similarity entirely...

Possibly the best one claims the duplicate planet was created by the Preservers.

The idea that it was created by a process similar to what happened to Voyager in Deadlock does have merit though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    shh..JJ Abrams and Co. might hear... :rolleyes:

I'd rather watch Spocks Brain than have to sit through Into Darkness again.