test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hoh'sus and Autocannon, please?

senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Klingon Discussion
Well, when you equip all 3 consoles from the Bortasqu pack onto one ship it upgrades the Hoh'sus pet to have a small auto-cannon.

That being the case, how about letting the Hoh'sus and Fleet Hoh'sus Bird of Preys be allowed to equip the Auto-cannon console from the Tactical Bortas? :D

One might say it may make the ship overpowered, but I think not.
Since its a Bird of Prey its a rather frail ship, and the autocannon has a lengthy charging and firing sequence that could easily get a captain who isn't careful killed, thus the advantage and disadvantage of using said console on a Bird of Prey such as the Hoh'sus, is balanced out. :cool:
Post edited by senatorvreenak on

Comments

• Options
    nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What autocannon? You mean the quad disruptor visual effect they gave the pets?
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm sure He means the Bortasqu mini disruptor auto cannon. The Hoh'sus should be able to use it. I guess that made too much sense and Cryptic overlooked it. Doing stuff that makes sense isn't something common around here. Just saying. If it sounds logical, bet on Cryptic not doing it...
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Disruptor Autocannon on the Hoh'Sus would be interesting. It'd be nice, since the NPC version can use it if the Bortasqu' is using all 3 consoles.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    No, he means the autocannon the Bortas can have that is a console ability that the pet gained during a revision to the Flagships when the Scimitar come out and the Klingon Crying Forced was joined by the Cryfleet about it being OP.

Well, while there's really a lot of whining going on around this forum - this particular instance can't really be defined as crying from any side, not the KDF nor the Federation because it's a rightfull concern. The Scimitar is OP, a matter of fact.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Well, while there's really a lot of whining going on around this forum - this particular instance can't really be defined as crying from any side, not the KDF nor the Federation because it's a rightfull concern. The Scimitar is OP, a matter of fact.

Pfff op..,, just because the only thing that can drive my scimitar away from the 1st place in any fleet action, even if I don't pay attention, is another scimitar she's not op... ^^
    Especially while I never get above place 2 or 3 with any other ship if I actually try... I'll never get those trophies :mad:
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Seems logical that the HoHsus could have access to it.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Seems logical that the HoHsus could have access to it.

Nah, I don't think we need to open that particular can of worms, as someone mentioned before.

The Bortas' Disruptor Autocannon is a T5 universal console and if we give it to the T5 Hoh'sus that would mean that one T5 ship can use another's T5 console. Although it might sound logical in this situation, it will induce a storm of whining and rivers of tears flowing through the forum for allowing every ship's T5 console to be used on any T5 ship.....and then we're in a mess.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Except the Hoh'Sus as well as the Aquarius technically are technically the same ship as the Bortasqu and Odyssey.
    They are the playable versions of the auxillary craft, and wether you actually slotted the console or not for them on the flagships, they are still physically part of them.

Just look at the Fleet Hoh'Sus and Fleet Aquarius as the Fleet versions of the Bortasqu and Odyssey.
  • Options
    disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    oddy saucer also got grav well.

I dont know about siege weapons on raiders, especialy with flanking coming.

I would however like to see what happens if we got slotable standard siege weapons. Be kinda interesting to see who went for that.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Except the Hoh'Sus as well as the Aquarius technically are technically the same ship as the Bortasqu and Odyssey.
    They are the playable versions of the auxillary craft, and wether you actually slotted the console or not for them on the flagships, they are still physically part of them.

Just look at the Fleet Hoh'Sus and Fleet Aquarius as the Fleet versions of the Bortasqu and Odyssey.

Not quite. They're still different stand-alone T5 ships. You don't buy the Bortasqu' or Odyssey pack and get the T5 version of the auxiliary craft as a bonus. You buy those two for 4 fleet modules a piece, completely apart from their link to the flagships.

But you don't need to convince me. I'd be perfectly fine if those 2 auxiliary craft get to use the "mothership" consoles, but you know there will be a lot of people crying to use any T5 conoles on any T5 ships. And then, you can't really tell those people that they're not right because technically they'd be right.
    I'm just saying I don't think those forum riots that would follow are worth it just to give the Hoh'sus an autocannon.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Many of the T5 ships though have restrictions on their consoles because they have animations or effects that are specificly linked to particular ships.
    And some T5 ships actually DO have consoles that can be used on other ships, such as the Dreadnought and Defiants Cloak consoles, as well as the Galaxy Retrofits Saucer Seperation console.

So its not like a new precendent is being set, as there already is one.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    That is not for you to decide.

The Hoh'Sus and Bortas are no different than the Galaxy Retrofit and the Dreadnought.

In fact the the Galaxy Retro and Dreadnought are two entirely different varants, while the Hoh'sus and Bortas are actually as a whole the same ship. :rolleyes:

Ultimately there is more than enough reason and precedent to make the autocannon compatible with the Hoh'sus.
    And as I pointed out in the original post, there is no power creep.
    The fact that it takes several seconds to charge up and fire automatically balances things out on a frail ship such as the Hoh'sus.
    Plus since the Autocannon is treated like an ordinary weapon power wise, it cannot take advantage of the cruiser powers the Bortas itself would have to reduce weapons energy drain.
  • Options
    phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No.

The Galaxy consoles are one thing, its the same ship with the Cloak console have long wroked that way ... however the Autocannon console is another, only the Bortas can use it and if you start to ad more and more exceptions then the Odyssey Worker Bees would also be argued to be made another and then another and then another until one day we see Defiant with the Focus Phaser.

I know were this leads, you people will not just grab the hand or even the arm, you WILL grab everything, as much people complain about Cryptic's power creep they havent seen anything if we allowed many of the suggestions I see on the forums go to Holodeck.

No, the Autocannon is only for the Bortas, NO OTHER SHIP!

Your arguments are completely invalid since you're comparing pears to apples. Fact of the matter is that according to design specifics and current mechanics the Hoh'sus *should* be able to use the Autocannon console. And yes, the Aquarius should get something along those lines as well despite the simple fact that virtually no one flies that useless pile of space junk (admitted to by the devs btw).

Let's just put it like this: the Bortasq' and the Odyssey NEED an upgrade in order to compete with the Scimitar and also their little pets need a bit of work as well. Honestly, Aquarius *should* get it's own strength like being able to equip worker bees or something better (kinda hoping for the something better options since the worker bees are a bit useless imo). Give the Hoh'sus it's intended Autocannon console and the Aquarius a much needed buff with it's own goodie.

And really Cryptic, give the Bortasq' and Oddy their hangar bays already. As far as "dreadnaughts" or "flagships" go for the fleets, the current versions are a bit sad if you throw in the Scimitar for comparison isn't it?
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Adding Hangar Bays to the Bortasqu' and Odyssey is a bit much, considering they can already possibly have their own "pets."

As for the Odyssey & Aquarius synergy, I thought the Aquarius pet got something extra from the full 3 piece set bonus, but it doesn't. The bonus goes to the Odyssey Saucer which can spawn the Worker Bees. Kind of hard to promote the idea of more buffs to the Aquarius when the set is already buffing a separate component of the Odyssey. You'd then be buffing 2 seperate things.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Just because my argument doesnt support what you want doesnt mean its invalid.

Wrong.
    Fact is the Hoh'sus can only use the Autocannon at set 3, IT DOESNT USE IT BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE CONSOLE EQUIPPED ON THE BORTAS.

Except the Odyssey have saucer separation and the Saucer section can deploy Worker Bees, sure enough the Aquarius gets a big bag of nothing but lets not pretend the Odyssey lacks a 2nd pet, the same was the Hoh'sus got the Autocannon at Set 3 so did the Odyssey Saucer.

Set 3 was added shortly after the Scimitar come out, neither had them before as it was Set 2 with every console.

And I am tired of the whining over the Scimitar.

Trying to bribe people to get you candy doesnt work with me.

The Aquarius flaws are not corrected by a gimmick console, I am not about to trade what IS the restriction on consoles because someone REALLY wants some gimmick console that happens to be on a T5 ship, I already read this is relation to some people on the KDF wanting the Torpedo Point Defense console ... never mind its restricted to a specific T5 ship.

No.

I am fed up with the Scimitar envy and I say this, a lot of certain KDF players on this forums love to call "feds" whiners when it comes to certain requests (hello there Defiant) and I have to say ...

Pot
    Kettle
    Black

T5 Consoles should ONLY BE USEABLE ON THE SHIPS THEY COME FROM, not ifs or buts ... I know for the KDF its great to ask for that because, hell its not as if there arenit many KDF T5 ships with consoles to begin with but them we DO have a lot of Fed and Romulan T5 ships with consoles, if we open this door then it not something we can close now isnt it?

Or KDF "fairness" is stuffing their face with everything and say no to when other factions asks for the same thing?

I am consistent, I say no because T5 Consoles should ONLY be usable on ships they come with, I dont like what happened with the Galaxy Dreadnought but its a old ship and its now a "Pack" ship, its have legacy problems since its Cloak was originally build-in with the ship so parts I cannot argue, the stuff with the Separation I dont like it, its enough of opening the door along with the Avenger can use Cloak for me to not ever going to argue that we should keep making exceptions because if we do, they stop being exceptions, they became the norm.

Again, your comments prove that you're overly biased thus your arguments are 100% invalid.

I made my point explaining the console move so don't have to elaborate on that again, Scimitar *is* OP as hell, anyone claiming other then that has perception issues. Does that mean you got to slap it with a nerf bat? No it doesn't, it does mean that you need to look at the so called "flagships" of the other factions and see how you buff those up a bit. I'm not saying you have to give the Bortas 10 hangar slots, a battlecloak and a IWIN p00nage button, give both the Oddy and Bortas 1 hangar slot, tweak their little craft you can get from the fleet stores a bit so they fall in line with the NPC versions a bit, thus the arguement of the AC on the Hoh'sus and buff the Aquarius up.

Balancing the Oddy is a harder task and honestly I reckon it would be fine to give that ship 2 hangar bays to compensate for the DPS the Bortas has over it. Aquarius balancing? Prolly a lot more difficult since the ship atm is about as useless as a shoebox in space.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    phalanx01 wrote: »
    Your arguments are completely invalid since you're comparing pears to apples. Fact of the matter is that according to design specifics and current mechanics the Hoh'sus *should* be able to use the Autocannon console. And yes, the Aquarius should get something along those lines as well despite the simple fact that virtually no one flies that useless pile of space junk (admitted to by the devs btw).

How do you figure it *should*? Because the auxiliary craft version that is a console for the Bortasqu' can use a smaller autocannon of it's own, granted you have the 3-piece set mounted?
    Makes no sense, they're both completely different T5 ships. One is a slow heavy battleship, the other is a Bird of Prey. If we go by this than my B'rel pets on the Vo'Quv should be able to mount 4 elite fleet disruptor DHCs and 2 elite fleet turrets each, cause they are technically B'rels. :rolleyes:

Not even mentioning that you couldn't possibly balance this against the Odyssey, because in the Oddy's set it is the chevron that gets the benefits of the 3-piece set.
    Let's just put it like this: the Bortasq' and the Odyssey NEED an upgrade in order to compete with the Scimitar and also their little pets need a bit of work as well. Honestly, Aquarius *should* get it's own strength like being able to equip worker bees or something better (kinda hoping for the something better options since the worker bees are a bit useless imo). Give the Hoh'sus it's intended Autocannon console and the Aquarius a much needed buff with it's own goodie.

And let me be fair and put this the same way I put it in the 'Federation Shipyards' section of the forum regarding the Defiant:

The Scimitar is OP by design. The Romulans are OP by design, intentionaly. This is no secret. Trying to complain about the Romulans' OP-ness is like constantly banging your head against a wall. Cryptic believes that only if they release OP stuff, it will sell in their targeted amounts. Yes, it's a poor game design, but it is what it is. So, comparisons with the Scimitar are irrelevant.
    Just wait for the Cardassian faction and see how OP Keldons turn the Scimitars into yesterday's joke. It's the way of STO, unfortunately. I'm not justifying this, just saying.

Also, like f2pdrakron already mentioned, the Odyssey and Bortasqu' were touched up when the Scimitar was released, making their primary set bonus a 2-piece so players can ditch one console and open another slot (like I did myself), while they gave symbolic 3-piece bonuses in the form of the small autocannon on the Hoh'sus and the worker bees and gravity well III on the separated chevron. Don't expect anything more than this.

And I really don't see why all the ships need to be identical. It's a very boring thing. The Odyssey and Bortas fill different roles.
    And really Cryptic, give the Bortasq' and Oddy their hangar bays already. As far as "dreadnaughts" or "flagships" go for the fleets, the current versions are a bit sad if you throw in the Scimitar for comparison isn't it?

Ah, and we finally come to this! :rolleyes: I was just wondering when this will pop out.
    Let me just say this: NOPE!

I paid 10k Zen for 2 bundles of fully blown cruisers, not FDCs, tywm.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I give up trying to reason in this thread. Obviously the local troll population left it's bridge real estate and figured they'd make a better home here. Let's give the Romulans more OP TRIBBLE, less stuff for KDF maybe a little cardboard box with a cannon slot and give Feds the most things, most stuff they don't need. Huzzah to stupidity and no to smart design...
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I give up trying to reason in this thread. Obviously the local troll population left it's bridge real estate and figured they'd make a better home here. Let's give the Romulans more OP TRIBBLE, less stuff for KDF maybe a little cardboard box with a cannon slot and give Feds the most things, most stuff they don't need. Huzzah to stupidity and no to smart design...

Nice, classy. :rolleyes:
    Now how about copying this reply and sending it to it's rightfull destination - the mailboxes of Al Rivera and Stephen D'Angelo? Because they're the ones calling the shots and they're the ones that made such inbalanced decisions.

But if your idea of "smart design" is the same as Cryptic idea of a "revamp" or "fix" by just slapping a hangar bay onto everything and anything and calling it a day, then I'd reckon we're better off with the "stupid design".
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    How do you figure it *should*? One is a slow heavy battleship, the other is a Bird of Prey. If we go by this than my B'rel pets on the Vo'Quv should be able to mount 4 elite fleet disruptor DHCs and 2 elite fleet turrets each, cause they are technically B'rels. :rolleyes:

Is there any reason that Elite B'Rel pets shouldn't get elite fleet disruptor weapons? I would support that, more than I would support the Hosh'us getting an autocannon.

Here's a suggestion: Why not give the Hosh'us and Aquarius a decent T5 gimmick console, since it is a $20 character per ship unlock? The Hosh'us can get an autocannon of its own (that applies the Scimitar Thalaron debuffs while charging)(1), while the Aquarius gets a subspace bleed console that acts as a combination grav well/warp plasma debuff?

It would, at the very least, make the Aquarius a worthwhile purchase.

Alternatively, lets have the Hosh'us be able to equip the autocannon, but have this unusable by Orion female toons because KDF command doesn't trust the Orion Syndicate to not abuse its advanced technologies.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    They arent, they are 200k FC ships (like one of the Corsair), the Fleet version costs 4 Fleet Modules yes but thats not the only version (just like the Corsair).

Then the fleet versions should come with the consoles.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ceekayzero wrote: »
    Here's a suggestion: Why not give the Hosh'us and Aquarius a decent T5 gimmick console, since it is a $20 character per ship unlock?

Because they're both fleet ships without C-Store counterparts. Fleet ships don't come with consoles, that's just the way it is.
    ceekayzero wrote: »
    Alternatively, lets have the Hosh'us be able to equip the autocannon, but have this unusable by Orion female toons because KDF command doesn't trust the Orion Syndicate to not abuse its advanced technologies.

I'm sorry, but this makes absolutely no sense. Why would you punish a player just because he/she decided to play as Orion female, a legitimate choice of species for the KDF faction?? :confused:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Because they're both fleet ships without C-Store counterparts. Fleet ships don't come with consoles, that's just the way it is.

So far they do not. However, there is no reason that they cannot come with consoles, is there? I'm not saying a special console for EVERY fleet ship, just these two because there is no way to get zen discounts and they do not have a special console on a C-Store version of the ship.

I've answered your other question through PM.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

True, you have not but consider this ... several Fleet ships dont have a C-Store version and thus have no console, if you add a exception to these two ships then you have to open a exception to the Fleet Reconnaissance Science Vessel as well.

Simply there is no real reason to make these 2 ships a exception.

Well, you have a point about, say, the Fleet Recon Sci or the Romulan Warbirds. Not sure how/why I overlooked them, but I did. Though I could raise the counterargument that many of those ships have an extra skin selection, and the Aquarius/Hosh'us do not.

I suppose I would have to fall back on the argument that the reason the fleet Hosh'us and Aquarius should get consoles is because 1) they can be bought for zen and 2) in the Aquarius' case, the ship has literally nothing else to recommend the purchase.

The other reason why those two fleet ships should get consoles (1) and not other ships is because they are parts of the flagships and thus headquarters is using them to test new technology; and for no other reason than that.

(1) Excluding the Vet Ship