test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet Kits Cost Doubled

neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
  • Updated all the Fleet Kit stores to allow a player to buy the Kit Frame and Kit Module separately.
  • The Fleet Kits cost about 70% of the price they previously did.
  • The Fleet Modules cost about 30% of the price that the Kit previously did.
  • Updated all Fleet Kit Modules to be Ultrarare quality, up from Very Rare quality.

How is this pricing even remotely considered acceptable. Right now I can go and buy a kit for 60,000 Fleet Credits and get a kit and five powers, that's the equivalent of 12,000 Fleet Credits per power with the kit for free! Instead you want me to spend 42,000 Fleet Credits on the Kit Frame and 18,000 Fleet Credits on ONE power and go grind Dil or EC to get the rest I need.

This is an utter rip off and there is nothing in the notes about the kit trade in being fixed to give you all the modules.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by neotrident12 on

Comments

• Options
    tyranthraxisiityranthraxisii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    *edit* nevermind.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=TREQGl54BU8&feature=endscreen
    I thought WoW's forums had angry elitist snobs, but I never could have imagined the level STO forums has.:confused:
  • Options
    vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There's no trade-in, so you keep what you get now... Trade in to be added at some point (never) right?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    vhiranikos wrote: »
    There's no trade-in, so you keep what you get now... Trade in to be added at some point (never) right?

The last patch had a kit trade in where you only got one module and a kit frame... are you saying that it has been removed now?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    How is this pricing even remotely considered acceptable. Right now I can go and buy a kit for 60,000 Fleet Credits and get a kit and five powers, that's the equivalent of 12,000 Fleet Credits per power with the kit for free! Instead you want me to spend 42,000 Fleet Credits on the Kit Frame and 18,000 Fleet Credits on ONE power and go grind Dil or EC to get the rest I need.

This is an utter rip off and there is nothing in the notes about the kit trade in being fixed to give you all the modules.

Considering the kits come with powers you may want and need, you will not have to fill out the whole thing.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Considering the kits come with powers you may want and need, you will not have to fill out the whole thing.

They are separate now so buying a kit comes with nothing, even so you would still have to find four other powers at considerable cost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited April 2014

welp, i guess its time to buy fleet kits ASAP.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The price should go up, but not by that much. :(
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They are separate now so buying a kit comes with nothing, even so you would still have to find four other powers at considerable cost.

Oh 0.0. I misread the patch notes.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Harumph.

Uncool, gentlemen.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thread moved to Tribble discussion as this isn't on live yet.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sonofa....
  • Options
    flyingshoeboxflyingshoebox Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So getting a fleet kits before the update would be a wise decision?
  • Options
    adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm honestly not sure where the notion that the cost of a Fleet Kit is doubled is coming from. Buying the Kit + the Module on Tribble is equal to the cost of buying the Kit on Holodeck. If you're referring to the new Fleet Kit not containing other powers in it, I could see that argued as a "raised price", but realistically, kit modules drop all the time in ground combat and can be purchased for a small modicum of energy credits at a ground EC vendor to get you started.

The trade-in kit has a bit of bonus value in the three purple modules and 1 white or green module (mk 11 or 12 respectively) that comes with it. But the cost of participating in the new kit system is nowhere near double the cost of participating in the old one - in fact, you only really "need" one Kit Frame now. So, unlike Live where you might pay 60k Fleet Credits 3 times for 3 different kits, in season 9 you'll only need to buy one kit frame for 48k FC and then you can collect all the Ultra Rare modules for 12k FC each. Live cost - 180k Fleet Credits. Tribble Cost - 84k Fleet Credits.

Am I missing something obvious? Are you guys on Tribble testing this stuff out?
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm confused.

So If I already have one of the Romulan Embassy Kits or Spire Kits will I be able to trade them in to get one of the new revamped kits and if so do I get any modules in the trade?

I don't want to give up my Romulan Kit that has 5 nice powers for a empty kit that I'll need to buy more modules for.

Edit:

Did not see the above post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited April 2014
    I do not get the complaining either. These kits will be MASSIVE upgrades over current. +104 skill points(!), customization and the possibility to have all mk vi modules. Yes it will require some additional resources to max everything but everything worth having should require some effort. I hear words like grindfest constantly thrown around on these forums. This is the least grindy mmo I have ever played.
  • Options
    leokesler2012leokesler2012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The trade-in kit has a bit of bonus value in the three purple modules and 1 white or green module (mk 11 or 12 respectively) that comes with it.

If I understand correctly, I will trade my fleet kit and I will receive 3 purples modules and a lottery ticket for a green or WHITE module ? Where is the fifth module ?

Why dont get all FIVE modules with the same quality of original ?
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I'm honestly not sure where the notion that the cost of a Fleet Kit is doubled is coming from. Buying the Kit + the Module on Tribble is equal to the cost of buying the Kit on Holodeck. If you're referring to the new Fleet Kit not containing other powers in it, I could see that argued as a "raised price", but realistically, kit modules drop all the time in ground combat and can be purchased for a small modicum of energy credits at a ground EC vendor to get you started.

The trade-in kit has a bit of bonus value in the three purple modules and 1 white or green module (mk 11 or 12 respectively) that comes with it. But the cost of participating in the new kit system is nowhere near double the cost of participating in the old one - in fact, you only really "need" one Kit Frame now. So, unlike Live where you might pay 60k Fleet Credits 3 times for 3 different kits, in season 9 you'll only need to buy one kit frame for 48k FC and then you can collect all the Ultra Rare modules for 12k FC each. Live cost - 180k Fleet Credits. Tribble Cost - 84k Fleet Credits.

I think that lack of modules in the fleet kits is what people are worried about. I know it took me by surprise just because other than mission replays there doesn't seem to be a guaranteed place to buy MK X or MK XI purple modules. I realise they can drop in loot, but the drops aren't class specific so you're going to get a lot of modules you don't want before you get the few you actually want for your kit.

I didn't know that the trade ins would work that way though, since it's hard to tell on Tribble when you can't get access to a fully levelled fleet. At least the kits I already own from fleet stores should switch over not too bad though I can't say for sure as I haven't seen a high level fleet store to check what the trade in kit powers are like.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If I understand correctly, I will trade my fleet kit and I will receive 3 purples modules and a lottery ticket for a green or WHITE module ? Where is the fifth module ?

Why dont get all FIVE modules with the same quality of original ?

If you trade in an old fleet kit it will come with all the modules that the original had, same quality or better. For my kit I got one ultra rare mk xii mod, 3 very rare mk xii mods and one common xii mod (for the mark 2 kit power). Each new mod had same or better stats as the old one :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    trelane87 wrote: »
    If you trade in an old fleet kit it will come with all the modules that the original had, same quality or better. For my kit I got one ultra rare mk xii mod, 3 very rare mk xii mods and one common xii mod (for the mark 2 kit power). Each new mod had same or better stats as the old one :)

How you trade your fleet kit in tribble server ?

(excuse me my bad english)
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Well that alleviates my fears for my characters who already have the Fleet kits.

Still, we should be able to get at least the equivalent of MK X purple modules from research or something because otherwise we will have to rely solely on the chance of loot drops giving us the modules we're wanting/needing.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you're referring to the new Fleet Kit not containing other powers in it, I could see that argued as a "raised price", but realistically, kit modules drop all the time in ground combat and can be purchased for a small modicum of energy credits at a ground EC vendor to get you started.

On Live you get a kit with four powers "MK XII purple" equivalent and one lesser one. On Tribble, you only get one "MK XII purple" equivalent and the rest of slots empty. Besides skill bonuses from the new kits, even if you fill the Tribble kit with EC vendor versions, you end up having a weaker kit when compared to the Holodeck version. This irks me a bit. I don't want to "get started" if I'm buying an expensive Fleet Kit.

MK XII purple modules will be found on the Exchange given time, but if they're anything like ship tac consoles, those can go by the millions. Although we can only speculate at this point and I hope it won't be the case.
    you only really "need" one Kit Frame now.

Don't forget we will want different kit frames, with different slot combinations and skill bonuses, to go with varied setups. The Fleet Kit frames have a few variations that I can see players purchasing more than one to complete their builds.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    otherwise we will have to rely solely on the chance of loot drops giving us the modules we're wanting/needing.

no. I guarantee you these are going to be Lockbox box items since they are quickly running out of TRIBBLE to stick in them... I mean they are to the point where they are going to have to have a Pakled themed box and offer mirror mirandas.

I'll bet you 300 quatloos that we see modules that can only be gotten from the Lockboxes or lobi store and bind on pick up.

loot drop modules will be considered declasse
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I think the objection is that most players don't feel that one kit with 5 abilities is equivalent in value to one kit with skill bonuses plus one kit module. Also, you should check the EC vendors again. The last time I checked, the EC vendors had kits, but no kit modules. In contrast, the dilithium store has kit modules, but no kits.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    How you trade your fleet kit in tribble server ?

You just go to the fleet vendor that you originally bought your kit from, there is a new tab that is labeled "Trade In" or something similar. There's a list of all the various kits that can be traded and you just pick the one that matches yours (The picture of the kit is different so you'll have to find the one that has the same powers as yours).

With regards to cost my only concern is now if someone buys a kit frame and a Fleet Module will that cost 1 Spire Provision or 2... If both items cost a provision I think that is a little bit steep, if anything only the frames should cost a provision.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    You just go to the fleet vendor that you originally bought your kit from, there is a new tab that is labeled "Trade In" or something similar. There's a list of all the various kits that can be traded and you just pick the one that matches yours (The picture of the kit is different so you'll have to find the one that has the same powers as yours).

Thanks for the information, but I am not in a fleet in tribble server.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I'm confused. What do you mean that we "only really need one kit frame now"? And we will only "need" to buy 1 kit frame and be able to buy all modules? I'm sorry but you make it sound as if fleet kits are going to have all dual slots so we can equip whatever modules in it we want. :confused: Last I heard fleet kits were getting a similar treatment as non fleet kits with the 4/1 and 3/2 etc. mod slots. And if that's the case and you want to try something different, it means you'll have to buy another kit frame and at least one module.

Live cost - 180k fleet credits. Where do you come up with this figure? The fleet embassy, dilithium mine, and spire each have 2 kits per career for a total of 6 kits each. The cost to get all fleet kits for your career currently on live would be 360k. A breakdown of your costs would be nice.

Edit: And the cost on fleet kits does go up quite a bit. I imagine most players are going to want to fill our fleet kits with all ultra rare modules and to do that will cost more.

With the old system you just pay 60k fleet credits and some dilithium and get a complete kit that is better than anything you could craft or get anywhere else in the game. All purple Mk X kits you can craft come with 4 Mk III powers. Fleet kits come with 1 Mk IV, 3 Mk III, and a single Mk II power. Now we'll have to pay 48k fleet credits for a kit frame with 1 module and an extra 12k each for 4 modules to fill it up, for a total cost of 96,000 fleet credits (and I'm sure a lot more dil than the old system) to get a fully maxed fleet kit that is better than anything else you can get anywhere else in the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    With regards to cost my only concern is now if someone buys a kit frame and a Fleet Module will that cost 1 Spire Provision or 2... If both items cost a provision I think that is a little bit steep, if anything only the frames should cost a provision.

Very good point! I hadn't even considered that. Really I am not a fan of the fleet provisions anyway, but that really is going to be a pain.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I'm confused. What do you mean that we "only really need one kit frame now"? And we will only "need" to buy 1 kit frame and be able to buy all modules? I'm sorry but you make it sound as if fleet kits are going to have all dual slots so we can equip whatever modules in it we want. :confused: Last I heard fleet kits were getting a similar treatment as non fleet kits with the 4/1 and 3/2 etc. mod slots. And if that's the case and you want to try something different, it means you'll have to buy another kit frame and at least one module.

What he means is that currently for instance there are two spire kits (per level) for each profession. But now, you don't need to buy both of those kits as you can buy one frame (the one which has the stats/slots that suit you best for example) and then buy both of the modules to use with that one kit frame.

Edit: Didn't mean to double post.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, I'm not happy about receiving a massive price raise either, especially since there is no fleet version of the close combat kit yet.