test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan outfit discussions by Sylkrode

sylkrodesylkrode Member Posts: 87 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Romulan Discussion
To start off, I'd like to doff my proverbial cap to the makers of the Romulan Republic uniform, it really is a work of art, something I wouldn't mind wearing in real life. It looks practical and comfortable, and besides a few options here and there - mainly to be able to bring it in line with the main promo piece for Legacy of Romulus, I wouldn't change a thing.

But, on to some requests and suggestions. At the moment, I'm a basic player, with three characters, two of them level 50 - one of those being Ms. Velora Renezar. I'm quite happy with her, but I'm not feeling spoiled for choice with what I can do with her outfit. One of the three looks I've given her is a sort of rouge look, but I'd like to put her in the armored vest that's available to male characters. I think She'd look great!

Also, more cannon derived uniforms would be a smart choice. I'm thinking of Donatra's uniform from Nemesis. Two variants here - a stock-standard recreation of the one on screen, and maybe one that takes those crazy squares and turns them into a sort of armored mail - big metal squares held together with chain, all nice and shiny - kind of like the Tal'Siar outfit, only with more awesome in the recipe.

Your thoughts? Anything I'm missing that would look kick-TRIBBLE$?

PS: I hate that stupid helmet. It must be what made poor Dvex go bald.
Post edited by sylkrode on

Comments

• Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sylkrode wrote: »
    PS: I hate that stupid helmet. It must be what made poor Dvex go bald.

This helmet? :cool:
  • Options
    vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    More outfits would rock, even if they cost some Zen. I do love the Rom repub uniform though. Makes me feel like a Browncoat from Firefly.
  • Options
    sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Agreed, the Romulan uniform from Nemesis would be great.

Last picture:
    http://jlpicard.blogspot.com/2010/04/trouble-with-donatra-part-two.html

There are a couple other things they could do uniform wise that already exist in game.
    Make the Seven of Nine and Tpol outfits wearable by all factions (KDF too). Neither are really uniforms, they're civilian outfits (Yes T'Pol wore hers even after joining Starfleet for some reason coughsexappealcough).

They could also unlock the full Tal Shiar uniform for us.
    y1arXbh.png

• Options
    oracion666oracion666 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My biggest want outfit wise is a trench coat. I really, really want a trench coat.
    Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
    Member since early 2011

• Options
    peregryperegry Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Republic Vet uniform is a longcoat that's similar to a trenchcoat, looks badass, probably the most badass uniform of any group.
  • Options
    sylkrodesylkrode Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Actually, since you mention T'pol, I'd also like to see her Vulcan uniform in the game as well, the brown sweater one from the first two seasons. The Vulcan Science Academy uniform, that's what to call it.
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    How about an updated Tal Shi'ar uniform?
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bltrrn wrote: »
    How about an updated Tal Shi'ar uniform?
    Lol, nice try ...

I'd just like to see Colour and Alignment restrictions removed except for the specific "Ally Romulan/Reman" outfits and ALL alignment restrictions of BoFF's removed!

Plus any non-canon and non Military Restricted Uniforms/outfits (SFA or KA for instance) particularly C-Store ones, made available to Romulans/Remans ... I want my Rom toons to be able to wear 7 of 9's boots!
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    ebonsonebonson Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    Lol, nice try ...

I'd just like to see Colour and Alignment restrictions removed except for the specific "Ally Romulan/Reman" outfits and ALL alignment restrictions of BoFF's removed!

Plus any non-canon and non Military Restricted Uniforms/outfits (SFA or KA for instance) particularly C-Store ones, made available to Romulans/Remans ... I want my Rom toons to be able to wear 7 of 9's boots!

I agree with this. It made my KDF Rom sad when he found out the spire outfit couldn't have any green cause it uses the basic KDF template for KDF allied players. Fed Roms get green options though. :mad:
  • Options
    buommanbuomman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I agree, want the trench coat type jacket. I love customization and making my toons look different from all the others.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would like to see female helmets of that design as well as visors for them.

And I get we start civilian whereas the two full factions start in the fleets. But why exactly do we have so many civilian options for about two levels?
    But we don't get the fed side skirt they show in the promo art. :(

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    varnoukhvarnoukh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    vhiranikos wrote: »
    I do love the Rom repub uniform though.

Agreed.

I'm certainly not against having more uniform options but IMO we currently have the best uniform options in the game, even if our selection is smaller than the other two factions.
  • Options
    element113element113 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I wouldn't mind T'cels uniform and hair style from Dept of Honor for My female Captain
  • Options
    madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I dont know if this is the right topic for this question, but have they ever mentioned giving romulans their own version of MACO/Honorguard armor?
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    varnoukh wrote: »
    Agreed.

I'm certainly not against having more uniform options but IMO we currently have the best uniform options in the game, even if our selection is smaller than the other two factions.

Problematically, a lot of them are quite heavily bugged. Things like massive clipping issues and improperly linking colour pallets are a pain.

EDIT - Fixed spelling fails.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sle1989 wrote: »
    Agreed, the Romulan uniform from Nemesis would be great.

Last picture:
    http://jlpicard.blogspot.com/2010/04/trouble-with-donatra-part-two.html

There are a couple other things they could do uniform wise that already exist in game.
    Make the Seven of Nine and Tpol outfits wearable by all factions (KDF too). Neither are really uniforms, they're civilian outfits (Yes T'Pol wore hers even after joining Starfleet for some reason coughsexappealcough).

They could also unlock the full Tal Shiar uniform for us.

I believe a uniform of that type was used in ENT episodes as well. It's an aesthetically pleasing design :)
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    madmopar wrote: »
    I dont know if this is the right topic for this question, but have they ever mentioned giving romulans their own version of MACO/Honorguard armor?

It's been asked for infrequently but unavoidably. So far no response.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Combine the nemesis uniform, the talshiar one, the tos one, the 24th century one and the 22nd century one and you have a lot of great designs to choose from. Plus the shoulder pads and all the stuff. Romulans have more options than klingons by far, and cooleer than the feds.

Im still waiting my poor ferasan to get a good outfit... :mad:
  • Options
    hunterkiller64hunterkiller64 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jexsamx wrote: »
    It's been asked for infrequently but unavoidably. So far no response.

acutally branflakes said they were "working on it":rolleyes:
  • Options
    revanpikerevanpike Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The ENT/Nemesis uniform would be great. And since there are two of the original romulan uniforms in zenstore this 3rd one should be added, too.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    The DS9 era uniforms and their associated Dress Uniforms would be nice.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    For inclusion of Romulan uniform options into STO, I'd recommend:

"Nemesis" uniforms (at the bottom image). These seem to be standard Romulan military since Donatra wasn't Tal Shiar.

Tal Shiar Uniforms shown during DS9 would be a great addition.

Also, with the TNG & DS9 era uniforms, rank devices were worn on the collar. Current Romulan uniforms in STO from the era have no rank devices.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited April 2014
    FCurrent Romulan uniforms in STO from the era have no rank devices.

we have SHOULDER PADS!! what more could you want? /sarcasm

edit:
    I stumbled on this while googling and I thought it looked awesome! Would make a great addition to STO imo.
    JJ Verse Rebooted Romulan Commander
  • Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The senate robes should get more color options, all I have to say.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sylkrode wrote: »
    Also, more cannon derived uniforms would be a smart choice. I'm thinking of Donatra's uniform from Nemesis. Two variants here - a stock-standard recreation of the one on screen, and maybe one that takes those crazy squares and turns them into a sort of armored mail - big metal squares held together with chain, all nice and shiny - kind of like the Tal'Siar outfit, only with more awesome in the recipe.

Your thoughts? Anything I'm missing that would look kick-TRIBBLE$?

I would love it if they made a Nemesis Romulan uniform, I mean I like and I own the Romulan TNG pack but I'd like a similar looking option that isn't all puffed up like the TNG set, for one of my characters.
  • Options
    spiritmuse1spiritmuse1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    More styles of reman hoods would be nice. Cool as it is, I don't always want the purple-reflecting leather look.

Also, I was quite disappointed to finish the alternate reality mission, receive the "Yesterday's Enterprise"outfit set, only to find my Reman female can't wear any of it. Another disappointment was to find there was a Tal Shiar chest gear for men only that I can't wear.

Although it might be a good idea to fix what's there first - there are so many bugs with the coloring. For example, my Commander rank cape barely responds to being colored at all, most of the boxes showing absolutely no result (anymore - the first time I tried to edit it, more colors would respond than do now). And all of them stay black, even when the actual cape is colored.

Edit: Oh and, I know this isn't outfits exactly, but when are Romulan ships going to be able to display trophies? And why can't they, anyway?
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    oracion666 wrote: »
    My biggest want outfit wise is a trench coat. I really, really want a trench coat.
    buomman wrote: »
    I agree, want the trench coat type jacket. I love customization and making my toons look different from all the others.
    peregry wrote: »
    Republic Vet uniform is a longcoat that's similar to a trenchcoat, looks badass, probably the most badass uniform of any group.

The closest thing is actually the long variant Dyson uniform we can get from the fleet spire. Would look great if it didn't have the ugly "metal" shoulders and some coloring problems..
    But the rep vet uniform is quiet neat, indeed.
  • Options
    peregryperegry Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think the dyson coat is actually a retexture of the Rommie vet coat, I'd have to look it over more closely (and I don't have it yet), but the lines are very similar.

Either that, or its a retexture of the winter longcoat, which is also a trenchcoat type thing you can pick up.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I would love it if they made a Nemesis Romulan uniform, I mean I like and I own the Romulan TNG pack but I'd like a similar looking option that isn't all puffed up like the TNG set, for one of my characters.

Agreed. As stupid as Nemesis was, the costume department did a fantastic job. Those are easily the best-looking RSN uniforms IMHO. They're fancy enough to look dressy but they're not ridiculously poofy like the TNG-era uniform so they look practical to actually wear.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    spiritmuse1spiritmuse1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have a quick question. I've seen people running around with that eye implant that Hakeev has, but I can't find it anywhere in my tailor options. How do I get it? Or are Remans not allowed to wear it? Again?